Which is better for the Artemis Scout Rifle, the Laser Sight or Forward Grip?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Xidaraf, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Xidaraf

Which is better for the Artemis Scout Rifle, the Laser Sight or Forward Grip?
  2. Blackhand

I say the laser sight because I dont find the recoil to be so bad tgat it cant be contrlled via a little down tug in the mouse.

Hey if your looking, can you just tell me the max zoom optics available on the artemis?
  3. icesail

6x
  4. PurpsUK

Max on the Artemis is 6x, the Trigon, no point using it at range though, on sustained fire you'll not hit much, I have fore grip and compensator on mine which keeps it just about stable. The damage on them though is appalling, so get EMP nades before putting points into the Artemis, or you'll be carbine food every time.
  5. Evilmonky

I know on my HSR-1 using the fore-grip allows me to use the recoil to follow the mainline up the targets chest for a easy 2 shot chest+head.
  6. PurpsUK

Artemis is the Full auto Scout rifle, 20 weak shots very quickly, but all over the place if you leave it as standard,

Nyx is the heavy hitting semi, I just use the suppressor on that.
  7. m44v

The forward grip reduces "horizontal recoil"... whatever that is. So without it compensating recoil is probably harder.

Personally I prefer forward grip, I'm most of the time using ADS when shooting so the laser doesn't help me (it only improves hip fire accuracy afaik)
  8. Rigsta

Damage per bullet is the same as the solstice. RPM is slightly slower. Recoil is straight up with a little left/right jitter (the latter is what the forward grip helps with). If every round hits it's about 6.5% behind the solstice.

It does have limitations, but damage output is not one of them and nor is control. Small mag, long reload for its class, and the fact that other classes get automatic shotguns and LMGs with 70+ rounds in the mag are the problems you'll run into.

I use it with a suppressor, 1x reflex or NV as appropriate, and a laser dot.
  9. Foefaller

I'd personally go with the foward grip, since as Vanu I shudder to think about hip firing something with less than 30 rounds that isn't a shotgun (NC, you have my condolences) though I'd have to admit, after testing, the spread and recoil isn't that bad, and being able to fire first without having to ADS might mean life or death with the Infiltrator.