[Petition] Change resource gain bonus to offline passive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TopPlayer1999, Dec 23, 2012.

1. TopPlayer1999

I remember in the beta there was some thread about how they change the subscription plan to remove the resource advantage to 500sc a month. But its still in the game. And people able to toss 50 percent more grenades, mines, c4 and such in a biolab fight is ruining it. With 50 percent you only need like 4 kills or something in a max. They can much more easily make back the resources they spend and never stop spamming.

I say change the bonus to a passive resource gain off like 200 an hour while offline. So every time you log in after a period of time you have 750, 750, 750 and are just paying for convenience and impacts of the bonus while fighting is much much less.
  2. NOX2097

3. Chiss

I have to leave my client on while im AFK working, otherwise i cant afford enough C4, and thats the only thing i use resources on.
  4. Sento

That really wont change anything. People stock up on infantry items thats how they can spam them. I always keep my infantry explosives topped off at all times possible.
  5. Tobax

No, I'm always sat at 750 on all resources with all C4, nades, AT mines and bettys capped full.
  6. Littleman

I'd say this is unnecessary. What should be truly passive is cert gains though. Currently one has to logon every day to get another 24 hours worth of certs - a whole whopping 12 without boosts. I bet a lot of the quitters might feel like staying when they log back in two months later to check out any changes with the game and find they have 720 certs stockpiled. It certainly would beat having only earned 12 over two months because they didn't log in every single day at least once.
    • Up x 1
  7. TopPlayer1999

IMPORTANT READ THIS: If your argument is you are always full then there is no reason to have it be a perk for subscribers. If you truly believe that then it does not matter to change it. However if you understand that you can toss 3 grenades at a biolab and make enough infantry resources to buy another 3 you have an unlimited amount of grenades. You are paying for extra ammo.

If you are always at full resources then that's just your style of play. I know I am never full. I don't do long vehicle or air zergs going from one facility capture to the next never fighting. I strictly look where the most enemies on the map are and go there to fight them.

Please remember that the active resource gain based on territory held is a small part of the gain. Most of it comes from facility captures and fighting.