A Real Problem - People Disappearing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by InFusioN, Dec 22, 2012.

1. InFusioN

I'm sick and tired of not seeing people when they are only 50m infront of me, they just disappear. The main place where you can see this is the crown on indar, since there are so many people in the small area, so many people disappear. This is a big problem, especially when sniping. Please devs, this needs to be fixed. i don't care if the game uses more internet in doing so.

The server i play on is briggs, it could just be server related to
  2. have2laugh

It's not server related, it's intentional. The game renders at different distances depending on how many objects are in a given area. if you approach the crown during a small fight you'll be able to see people, turrets, aircraft and people from the normal distance.

In a mid sized fight, from the same distance you might be unable to see people from that range.

In a very large fight you might also be unable to see emplaced turrets and aircraft.

On the flip side they won't be able to see you either. Unless your in a vehicle, in which case you can look forward to getting rocket spammed to death by people that you can't see (and can't shoot back because hit detection is done client-side) shooting projectiles that also don't render - its great fun.
  3. Hydragarium

Ideally**

You will often experience being shot by invisible enemies because the rendering isn't simultaneous on all clients and hit detection is client based.

The Crowns <> Crossroads battlefield scenario is one of the places where you'll see the most of this happening. It's a perfect 3 way fight with very defensible positions. If you're an AA MAX you will often notice that enemy ESF suddenly appear right in front of you - airplanes you should have seen coming from miles away.
  4. nallitet

in this case the game renders CRAP! It must not be that way. User should be able to see everything within his/her rendring distace set in the options. Otherwise, I cant aim, becuase a second ago I was aiming at running enemy, and now he's gone. This must be fixed and IT IS A BUG! and accepting it is not right.
    • Up x 1
  5. Luewen

That would end up of **** ton of lag and unable to play for most peeps. And by lag i mean network lag not performance slow down that are mostly spoken as "lag" erroneously.
  6. KrampfDrohne

Thats not fair, planetside2.exe is not cheating.
    On the other side, this explains my low fps in big battles because ive been hit so often, damn.

:D
  7. Death Genie

As a sniper... I can get a great vantage point on a giant mountain 1000m from the base... (4th mil dot distance) and see the whole base! The problem is I can only see the people within about 900m from me... so the randoms running toward the base tend to be the only decent targets. This is why sniping is so tough on planetside. I would like a player render distance setting in the graphics settings. If they put that in I wouldn't mind lowering other settings just to be able to see other players
  8. Brainwayne

exactly this kind of ingame logic pisses me off even more than the very obvious lack of coding skills by the devs