Could HA have mortars?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Lafayette, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Lafayette

I know there's been a discussion about artillery in PS2 but I was thinking instead of tank based ones, the HA's could carry personal mortars. They'd probably use incendiary, anti-infantry rounds or high explosive, anti-armor and would replace rocket launchers for balance. Their main purpose would be for siege. If not HA, it could maybe be had by engineers and replace their turrets.

What do y'all think?
  2. boom boom

Not replace launchers, but mortars would be fun
  3. SirBurning

No.
    Heavy ASSAULT
    the purpose of heavy assault is to be up there in the front lines, dealing the damage ,and taking the damage.
    If anybody should have a mortar , its engineer. As replacement for their turret.

But I dont think they should implent a cheap easy to use widely available artillery tool anyway.
  4. Lafayette

I was just thinking HA because rockets and mortars both go boom but you're right, it'd probably go better with engineers. Mortars have been in pas Battlefield games (at least Vietnam), so I think they can work.
  5. Cassidia

as was said already: HA is a frontline class, so no mortars for same.
    Although i really wonder why anyone would hand out MGs to frontline units o_O
  6. Krona

Something other than the deathtrap turret for engies would be nice.
  7. Lafayette

8. {joer

You know whats more fun than being sniped by guys you can't see?
    Being blown up by guys you can't see or have a LOS on at all!

Bad idea is bad. This is a game.
    • Up x 1
  9. Monnor

Boy, this forum whine about every weapon, which have some area effect, and you talk about mortars ? Good luck. And even if they would bring it , im sure hes broken.
  10. Lafayette

It could work, and please post any more comments to the engineering page. Thank you.
  11. Tetryon

Yea no. There's enough anti-skill weapons as is with grenades, maxes, and underslungs. We don't need to add yet another item you can just sit back and spam for kills.

Learn to aim. It'll help you kill targets far more effectively without having to spam a room pretending you're a good player.
  12. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Mortars are a great idea;
    If they are implemented somewhat like in, say, Enemy territory, they are actually pretty hard to aim, you'd need support from a spotter, you'd be immobile...
    Sounds great, though mostly great for an engineer.
    Anyone whining about 'noobtubes':
    The real noob weapons in nearly every shooter are Assault Rifles, good at every range, decent damage, low recoil.
    Never used an Underslung Grenade Launcher, but I think I've been killed by one less then a handful of times.
    Still, it's a new mechanic, that's work to implement, and it keeps people from the fight.