TMG 50 or T32 Bull

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Stryker8, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Stryker8

I need a new LMG, my Carv - S isn't cutting it anymore. I have trialed both guns and the Bull seemed better without attachments, does anyone own both guns with full attachments? Would like to hear your opinion on these two guns.

Thanks
  2. Toisich

I only got the Bull the other day, but even without attatchments I'm liking it more than my fully upgraded TMG 50.

I'm no expert on the weapons. I'm still trying to find which one I like the best myself. But I do know the TMG 50 has more stopping power, but a very low rate of fire. The Bull on the other hand seems very similar to the Carv, perhaps more hipfire accuracy since the patch.

I'd say take them both. 50 for long mid range. Bull for mid close range. That's what I'm running right now.
  3. Conq

They are different animals. Nothing beats the TMG at range, I often out snipe snipers with it but you won't be winning many close quarter fights. The Bull is a close to medium machine, it has too much recoil shake even with a grip and compensator to make it viable at range.
  4. gunshooter

The bull is worse than the default Carv. TMG at least has a purpose, but it's the type of gun you should bust out for mid-long range fights (like the crown,) not something you should use all the time, because it's terrible at close range.
  5. Kr1nG4H

The bull is not worse than the default carv lol wtf stop spreading misinformation. I actually just picked up the bull after ive been using the default carv for a week+ now and have noticed a significant increase in my kills.
  6. gunshooter

Except it's statistically an inferior weapon. Similar everything except with 14% less DPS. Good placebo tho.
  7. CaptAmazing

This not true. Its only advantage is the 100 bullet magazine and high ROF. Last patch increased the horizontal recoil by 12,5%. Carv is only a CQC and at best a medium range gun now.

And theoretical Dps means nothing if you can not hit the enemy properly. Its the same thing with the "high-dps" Prowler everybody is mentioning . That you have to adjust your recoil after the first shot to hit the second and because of that you even shoot slower than the other tanks, which are supposed to be "lower dps".

Lets take a look at the stats:

Carvs advantages over the T32:

- bigger magazine (100 vs 60)
    - higher overall bullets 400 vs 300
    - higher ROF

T32 advantages over the Carv:

- faster reload
    - better recoil decrease per shot
    - better COF while moving
    - better standing and moving COF during hipfire
    - lower vertical and horizontal recoil

Cars is now more of a spray and pray weapon for CQC. T32 is more balanced overall. Most HA I talked to do not use the Carv anymore. It was at decent spot before the patch - a good allround weapon, but without attachments (compensator, ammo). Now the horizontal recoil is to high.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pella

MSW-R - 750 ROF, Tighter COF than all other TR LMGs. Fastest Reload speed of all Carvs. And it has a slight kick on recoil. Which is easily compensated with a forgrip.

Use that, with a Relfex scope, and put the T32 in the bin and ask for a refund.

TMG 50 has Higher DPS, but allot slower ROF and abit bigger COF. Terrible gun.
  9. CaptAmazing

Your are talking about recoil, which a "baby could control". You can controll vertical recoil, by dragging the mouse down - I agree. Now explain me how you do that with horizontal recoil. The answer is - you can't control horizontal recoil (only to a certain degree if its asymmetrical). You can put a fore grip on it, but thats just it.

That means the crosshair will stutter from left to right while you fire at your target - now it stutters 12,5% more from left to right. The Carv did have average recoil before the patch. If you now fire at long distance this "small" increase of 12.5% can mean that your bullets will miss the enemy depending on the distance just by a few centimers, or even meters. Thats why I said its decent at CQC/medium range, because the horizontal recoil has not such a big impact.

Also the COF of the T32 is better in all aspects. That means the Bull has less "randomness" in the shooting behaviour. You have to lead the target, you have to counter the vertical recoil - but thats it. If you do that you will hit your target. With the Carvs higher vertical recoil (which you can not control, even if you are a baby *wink*), worse COF and worse recoil decrease per shot you have to depend more on luck - because you can not controll your shoots like with the T32.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kr1nG4H

How is it a placebo when my stats are getting increasingly better since ive purchased the bull? Not even worth arguing with people like you who always think they are right no matter what. lol grow up kid.
  11. Pella

COF/ROF is the most important part of any TR gun. Recoil is easily compensated.
  12. Pat Cleburne

I bought the bull when it came out and upgraded it. I've used it for a few days and now I have gone back to the MSW for most situations. In my opinion the bull is trash.
  13. CaptAmazing

I think the T32 is in a very good spot as a allround gun. Sadly it lacks the ROF to win against VS or NC in CQC - that doesnt mean that you ALWAYS will lose, but you chances are not good. But with compensator and grip its very good at med/long range fights.

I personaly trying the MSW-R at the moment. Good at CQC, good COF but I think I have to learn to handle the asymmetrical recoil. The only downside is the a only 50 round magazine.
  14. InducedApathy

I use the mswr or the chain gun on my tr heavy. Advanced laser/1x reflex/suppressor and it's good to go.
  15. Lord Robert

People have a really hard time staying on topic on these forums.

T32 is more accurate and has less recoil and better ROF than the TMG 50.
    TMG has selective fire and can 3 round burst fire. Also has more damage per round. Generally thought of as a long distance weapon for that reason.

Pick one depending on if you want easy to control full auto or a weapon that is mostly effective at range. I personally prefer the T32, but both are effective depending on your situation.
  16. CaptAmazing

Congratualtions, you found the last part where I mistook horizontal recoil and wrote vertical instead. I could not edit it anymore - perhaps because someone "liked" it, I dont know.

I should be obvious it was a mistake, since in the first paragraph I wrote that I "drag the mouse down" - should be obvious that I am talking about vertical recoil there. And in in the second sentence of the second paragraph I stated that vertical recoil can be controlled.

After that I explained in detail why horziontal recoil is worse and can not be controlled if its symmetrical.

And regarding the Dps you are mentioning all the time: Dps means nothing(!) if you can't hit every shot. Dps is calculated that EVERY(!) shot is fired on fullauto and hits. Every. Single. Shot. In full auto.

A weapon which does 1 billion damage per bullet but has only one round in the magazine, a reload time of 10hours and a recoil 1000x times worse than the Carv has to be, after your way of thinking, the best gun ever, because it would have the highest Dps and best TTK.
    Dps means nothing if the other values aren't good.

Just for the sake of it, so no other reader can misunderstand it:

- vertical recoil: Can be controlled (mouse dragging)

- symmetrical horizontal recoil: Can NOT be contolled and makes long range shots harder, because the crosshair "bounces" left
    and right. That means: 12.5% horizontal recoil increase - really bad for the Carv's long range shooting.

- Dps means nothing without good other values (mainly: recoil, ROF, COF)

Since you obviously want to understand things in a wrong way and don't really want to discuss the different weapons in a mature way, I won't respond to you directly anymore.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kr1nG4H

lol @ CaptAmazing. He keeps coming back for more after getting shot down numerous times.

BTW hows the MSW-R working out for you? Still testing it?
  18. L337fox

I'm sorry but when I storm a capture point and take down 4-5 VS or NC dudes singled handed, I know only my 100 Round Carv would have allowed me to do that. As far as the Bull vs TMG, I've been sticking by the TMG since the start, yeah the ROF is noticeability slower, but all these theoretical weapon arguments assume that in a 1v1 both shooters are of 1. equal skill level, 2. start firing at the same time, 3. never lose bead on their target. We all know this is NEVER the case. So i'll stick with my heavy hitting TMG and Carv.

TLDR - Enjoy your 50 round magazine when your reload button sends you to respawn.
  19. gunshooter

All I need for proof is the fact that since I started using the Carv a few days i've been like 10:1 It's pretty sweet.

Doing 14% extra damage is pretty nice considering that a tiny bit of recoil and cof/bloom don't even come into play until ranges where you can't realistically kill anyone not afk anyway. 14% less damage. 14 goddamn percent. 90% of your fights should be at ranges where your enemies body is covering your entire recoil pattern. How can recoil cause you to miss? You know what can cause you problems there? 14% less damage.

There's nothing you can say to argue against that except "I want to believe this slight placebo nerf did anything so that I can blame my deaths on it." Grats, you went from 0.5:1 to 0.7:1 with the Bull. Hardly means anything.
  20. CaptAmazing

I am not thinking I am being shot down. I look at the numbers and see the nerf. I know you can't controll symmetrical horizontal recoil - if somebody can, please tell me. Nerf to horizontal recoil= bad. Thats just it.

People even called it a placebo effect right after the nerf, telling the TR HA they were imagening things - 1 or 2 days later we saw the actuall numbers and the HA players were proven right.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think the Carv is bad, its a good CQC/med Lmg, but you won't hit your target properly at range.

I now like the MSW-R because its good at CQC and you can hit target at ranges if you burst fire and counter the recoil. The horizontal for the MSW-R is asymmetrical so even if its counter intuitive - its easier to controll than the symmetrical. Thats the diffenrence why I don't like the Carv - you cant controll the horizontal recoil.

The only thing which bothers me with the MSW-R is the low ammo pool and magazine size. The T32 is a good allround Lmg, but for my taste the ROF is to low.
    • Up x 2