Can 5 mines destroy level 4 mineguard sunder?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Mohd Faris, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Mohd Faris

Can it destroy level 4 mineguard sunder?

I haven't tried it yet,but plz need response
  2. Xebov

I have not tested it, but based on the numbers i would say no. You need 2 AT Mines for a normal Sunderer, Mineguard 4 does -70% dmg for mines. So one mine will do 15% dmg, ending with 5 mines only do 75%.
  3. Xae

That assumes the base damage for a mine is exactly 50% of a Sunderer's health.
  4. Azimaith

From what I've heard is its six mines against full mine guard.
  5. Foefaller

Actually, I've heard it's seven mines, but that is largely academic at that point, since it's more than what an engi can carry, even with full certs in tank mines and a rank 4 utility pouch.

fortunatly, most people take blockade armor or vehicle ammo dispencer for that slot instead, so 90% of sunderers you'll come up against will go down in two.
  6. undeadsapir

for the cost it will take you to cert into 5 tank mines you could instead cert into 2/3 c4's and when you try to blow up a sundy and see that it has mine guard just use c4 instead... simple as that
    besides, using 5 mines on a sundy kill will cost far too many resources, not to mention the first ones blowing up and killing you before you get the chance to play the 5th one.
    i dont see any reason to carry more than 2 AT mines...since after placing 2 mines on a sundy and it not dying, i would know it has mineguard and not try to mine it again..
  7. Compass

It would cost less to use 3 C4 than it would to use that many mines. If it doesn't work the first time with 2 mines, C4 is more practical.
  8. Radian12

This looks like balance between -c4 and AT mines.
  9. Aelloon

According to my maths and accurate measurement of pixels (lol) it would take about 6.7 mines to destroy a maxed out mineguard sunderer with AT mines.

So it's either 6 or 7 mines.
  10. InducedApathy

Mineguard should protect sundys from c4 as well.