Terrible performance, high end rig.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Alfarjamie, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Zakuak

Did you over clock your CPU at all? I dunno what mother board you have but AMD overdrive can set you up with a mild over clock in short order, even with the stock CPU cooler on you may be able to get ur rig to stay above 30 fps with some dips of course.
  2. Alfarjamie

Im not really any good with overclocking, my motherboard is pretty **** so no hope there, guess ill just buy the 3770k after my payday this weekend... But what if i still get a bad FPS then?.. :/
  3. Noppa

IT dosnt matter what computer u have, the fps is still gonna be bad in bigger battles cos of the bad optimization.

Funny how these last gen 3.5ghz i7 ppl says they got min fps 45 on bigger fights when i have i7 2700k@4.5ghz and i get those 30fps in big fights.(render 1000 and all other **** too done)

So you guys just havent been on big enough fights :)
  4. Alfarjamie

Ok.. but what confuses me is the video review by IGN and some other reviews which people seem to get flawless performance out of the game... was the performance better in the BETA or something?
  5. Alexlightning7

Noooooooooooo

In early beta i5 2500ks overclocked to 5+ GHz had an average of 30 (with drops)..
    And the fights were smaller.

We've come a long way, so don't say SOE hasn't been trying.
  6. Alfarjamie

Then i am confused.

1:42

"Planetside 2 ran quite well for me with the settings turned up I am getting around 40fps using a 580 gtx"
    By the looks of the video it is also running quite well

So why is it that i peak at 40fps in empty areas/launch base but am playing mostly around 25fps with a gtx 670 on both highest and lowest settings (which make no difference). Would of helped if he said which CPU he is using but meh... I like how he said it copes well when it infact runs poorly.
  7. ent|ty

Join the club, Planetside 2 is wonderful for AMD high end rigs;
    [IMG]
    Did you just make an excuse for a developer not optimizing a game properly to run on high-end computers? That's dangerously close to being awarded a 'fanboi' label.

Planeside 2 isn't even in the applications list.
  8. Alexlightning7

Forgot to mention, turning off AA will not improve your performance at all since you are CPU bottlenecked.

And planetside hates amd.
  9. Alfarjamie

I've pretty much figured that out at this point considering changing the graphic quality doesn't change my frame rate in the slightest.
  10. Alexlightning7

11. PoopMaster

Did you just completely misinterpret my post? Yes, you did. I said that for me I can play fine with 30 fps in an FPS because I can just handle it and still do well. This game still needs optimization regardless of that statement as I don't even get 30 fps in large battles, more like 15.
    • Up x 1
  12. iKickz

Half the problem with low frames has to do with just your CPU and ini settings.
  13. Pella

Lies. I am pulling 60+fps on a i5 2500k @4.6ghz. Everything maxed in game.
  14. Beartornado

Don't replace your CPU just for PS2. If it ran fine on every other game then it will eventually run fine on Planetside 2. They are planning to release optimizations in January, hopefully clearing issues up for a lot of people. I'm stuck at the same crappy fps as you right now, hoping to see those optimizations come before I make any verdicts on upgrading or abandoning PS2 entirely.
  15. Blade782

Normally 100+ fps here, 55+ in the biggest of battles on max settings
  16. Noppa

Yeah sure, i would like some proof of this, go to the biggest zerg fight u find and record 15min of ur gameplay there and upload it to youtube, fps needs to show too offcourse :)

All so i would like anyone who says they get more than 40fps on big fights to do the same, since i dont believe any of u cos of my own experience.

i7 2700k@4.5ghz , hd 7950 @ 925/1375mhz and i am CPU bound.

EDIT: and big fight isnt something like 60vs60 :D
  17. noMnoM

how about 300 people in a bio lab? my 3570k @ 4.3 does those fps as well. you have slow ram or something?
  18. Noppa

Nope basic 1600mhz memory 2x4gb corsair vengeance(yeah we all know memorys faster than that wont give u more fps),AsRock p67 performance, SSD and so on.. and record it or it didint happen like i said before.

Dont get that kind of FPS even with 4.7ghz and i doubt i get those with 5ghz, friend is getting 100% same fps than i get with 2600k@4.5ghz & hd 7970, he dosnt have multithread on so it isnt that ether.

So anyone has any proofs about those fps they clame to have?