Annihiloltor

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by HerpTheDerp, Dec 21, 2012.

1. HerpTheDerp

1150 damage, 1000 splash
    4.7 seconds reload time
    1+4 ammo count
    Missile speed 40(Decimator: 60, default RL: 112)
  2. NateDawg

I guess its out now? I forgot to check for it this morning...

Are you saying that it travels 33% slower than the Decimator? If so, how will it ever catch an ESF?
  3. OmegaDestroyer

That's funny if true.
  4. ArielFox

I watched one of mine fail to catch a lib who was in a shallow dive earlier. I was too busy loling at this missile chasing the bomber like 'Feh - I can geddim you just watch me' to rage.

Bloody stupid thing XD
  5. NateDawg

If true, then I guess the only useful way to utilize this slow launcher is to only shoot air that is coming at you and hope they do not turn away and run.... I will give it a go when I get off work.
  6. phungus420

When you fly an ESF it's not about getting hit, it's about popping flares and needing to bug out. I seriously doubt the speed is going to affect the weapon's anti air ability much, other then the fact it's going to reinforce the fact that liberators don't need flares (but that's more about the lib having too much HP). I know people want kills, but since ESFs have a 40 second flare cool down pilots are just going to leave, that's just the game design, G2A missiles are only going to get kills against poor pilots and rocket pod hoverers (who are usually poor pilots); they will however make ESFs flee.
  7. NateDawg

Agreed, all G2A is only to deter air, but quite often in big fights you can get the kill with G2A if the craft is already crippled, that is only if your rocket can catch it (after fist flare is fired).
  8. Mordrake

This morning a co-outfitter was trialing this new rocket launcher, he shot a passing Mossie.

He's still watching the rocket fly.
  9. HerpTheDerp

Whoa whoa whoa. Seems like I made a mistake. The Annihilator's projectile speed is 50, not 40. 40 speed of the G2G/G2A missile.

To put it into meaningful numbers: 40m/s is 144km/h. 50m/s is 180km/h.
  10. TormDK

The G2A missles needs to travel faster, period.

I purchased both the dumbfire, and the lock on of the new launchers. I'm not certain I like them all that much, the rocket is really really show, but can two-hit a Liberator if you can manage to hit them while they are hovering.
  11. Johnnyseven

I'm sorry but unless you're firing it at an aircraft that's already at 100+ Meters away and heading away from you I don't see how you can have so much trouble with hitting aircraft.

It seems to me like the fastest travelling missile in the game by a good margin and because of that is my favourite launcher now. Its definitely a ******** faster than the default dumbfire RL. I cant comment on the other lock on launcher's as I haven't used them since beta.
  12. bloodgulge

Sorry, my experience with this weapon was that every single rocket that didn't get flared or smoked hit, and the damage is virtually the same as other lockon launchers. It also locks (and hits) ground targets from a further distance than the crow, making the crow redundant. The removal of dumbfire ability isn't enough to balance out how ridiculously powerful and more versatile this launcher is.

A dedicated ground lockon launcher should be better at killing ground targets than a versatile launcher that locks everything, which isn't the case atm.
  13. VKhaun

Apples and oranges. Dumbfire capability on the ground-only lock on rocket will up the combat rate of fire and give you more DPS as an option up close. The multi-lock weapon is for firing from the rear where every shot wants a lock-on.

This is why I like the AA lock launchers and still plan to use them on my medium-range heavy loadout. Even though I give up damage, I get acceptable DPS vs ground because I can repeatedly dumbfire it and then I can still lock air.

I also bought this double lock immediately. I think it's a delightful compromise for a long range loadout. You can use it vs anything if you stay at long range, but you lose all advantages up close. I have not used it extensively, but the projectile did not strike me as being particularly slow when I tried it earlier.
  14. Bejita231

how do you see the numerical damage values of a weapon, and not just the meter
  15. Ipecac

ps2.dynet.com is a spreadsheet with game-extracted values for almost everything that matters, and is generally updated shortly after a new patch comes out. Check the "Fun stuff" tab for the weapon values in an easily sorted form, and "Notes about fun stuff" tab for the background information needed to interpret the former.