looks like they are going bonkers with double xp

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Forumguy2, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Admiral Ackbar

Hate when people do not read my entire post.. I did say that goals can be accomplished.. But the time someone would have to devote for a item is way to much.. And if we are comparing it to other MMO's.. Then I will have to disagree.. Even in other MMO's goals can be accomplished much easier..
  2. Jestunhi

Which MMOs are you comparing it to? Ignore the sub ones unless you also consider the sub here (or simply buying SC each month).

If you want to compare then it needs to be games with a similar currency system, games like LoL with a currency that you earn ingame slowly, like certs, and one which you can purchase, like SC. Games where it's progress slowly for free or play to progress quicker.
  3. Admiral Ackbar

I was talking about MMO's that aren't like LoL.. The comment was directed at the line "This is a MMO".. Both are general so you cannot limit it to LoL or something.. All MMO's come down to the needs of the community.. A vast amount of people and perhaps even a majority believes in higher cert gain.. I also do not like the 2 extremes you listed.. One extreme which I don't like is 60 hours to get 1000 certs and the other is 1 hour and get 1000 certs.. I don't understand why there cannot be just something in the middle.. Also 2x the experience is not instant gratification.. Rather an improved bad.. 2x the experience is still bad, but atleast goals can be accomplished by setting the correct mindset in the population who rather grind certs then pay for SC..
  4. Jestunhi

They are different products.

A free to play game is provided free of charge, but the game is designed to make people choose to pay. The servers don't run in wishes and dreams and the development & support staff need to be able to put food on the table, you know what I'm saying?

If you compare it to a generic WoW clone then yeah, items are easier to get. Because in that game everyone is paying monthly
  5. Limabean

Yeah sucks to have to go out of town
  6. Believer

There is nothing better than a short lived exp boost, it sends all the posers off to grind, and wars are awesome. Just in this first day of exp boost I've already had some of the most spectacularly satisfying warring, AND getting huge exp doing it. I actually see people defending bases rather than rush off to the next cap.
  7. Mordrake