[Suggestion] The top 5 Constructive reasons why NC is obsolete.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by breezy808, Dec 21, 2012.

1. breezy808

Source please, link. Facts please
  2. bPostal

I think we're using different definitions of advancement which is where the disconnect is coming in. Advancement in this game on a personal level is much different than advancement on an empire wide level. I admit that currently there are not enough incentives to focus on empire wide achievements with the lack of cont locking and proper continent benefits which adds additional emphasis on personal achievement.
    I am fully aware of the problems hackers bring, I've seen entire platoons wiped out by one hacker and the entire advance, in that instance, was stymied.
    As for the leaderboards, they're not focused on 1v1 KDRs, and my guess is that those who use vehicles have a much higher KDR than those who are predominantly infantry focused, which is why you'll see them higher on the charts. There are simply too many variables to assess without looking at how, and in what instances those kills were gained. Factor in other issues such as continental population imbalances, strategic leadership and organization on all three factions on a given server and the environment changes, making statistical comparisons very complex if nigh on impossible.

Also, I think he's referring to: http://www.planetside-universe.com/leaderboard.php
    • Up x 1
  3. ChickenSpy

The Opinions are so loud in this thread I can't hear any of the reasoning.

First things first, people need to stop generalizing!
    There are too many factors that give so much reasonable doubt to your claims:
    1) You may be biased.
    2) You and many others put an umbrella term over the "NC Guns" instead of comparing the guns individually. Some guns are better than others, and unless you can tell me you've played each class on each faction extensively enough to compare them all, there's not much you can say in terms of the factions as wholes. And even if you did, there is still #1 to give us doubt.
    3) The Grass is greener on the other side. This one isn't so much about bias as it is about perspective. Let me tell you, when I am a lone infantry facing a full squadron of NC ESFs, I may not feel that the TR are better than the NC. As a matter of fact, any time I get killed by the enemy, I am trying to analyze whether or not it was fare, and my perspective tells me whenever I die, it's not fair.
    4) There are way too many factors in the leaderboard to make it an unreliable source of information. What if hackers like the color red and black more because it matches their persona better? What if all top 5 players are only top 5 because they have found a way to quickly farm experience? That would make them good farmers, not good players with good guns. What if they're top ranks has nothing to do with faction weapons?
    • Up x 1
  4. SixVoltSamurai

It polls all the players, not just registered. Especially now that the AU servers are working right.
  5. breezy808

Forum posts can be potentially insightful for a company. Changes get made when people support or disagree with the idea. Please man you need to cut that typical internet mentality out. You know the one where you're the smartest person in the world, the wisest, occasionally at times you're the strongest, the tallest, the best fighter in the world. Ok you say "Plethora statistics and discussion countering your conclusion" Let's see it buddy. "Child manner throwing down an imaginary gauntlet" I think you're thinking about what words to use more than the message in my post. This is based off experience(i've played all 3 factions at a semi-high level, basically I'm saying I'm experienced in all 3 factions I'm not a pro obviously with them but I am the same as the majority of you with decent experience in the factions) I'm also extremely pissed off so excuse me. But don't be arrogant don't ever ever act like a game has never pissed you off. You aren't better than me you're the same as me, only difference is timing. An arrogant mind is a useless mind.
  6. Hoki

I played around with NC weapons to see what ll the hubub was about.

1) Pistol. The starter pistol is basically the emperor that TR has to pay for. The Rebel is amazing, an infiltrator's dream. Headshot->knife->dead

2) Carbines. The Mercenary is a dream to use, obviously you guys aren't complaining about that one, I love the mercenary. It feels like the NS-11

3) Assault rifles. Everyone has access to the NS-11 which most of my TR buds prefer over the T1S cycler. The accuracy and reload are a dream, similar to the mercenary carbine.

4) LMG. I previewed a few LMG's and I gotta say I don't like them. This is the one area I will admit NC is lackin in. ONLY the LMG's though. Full auto is just too innacurate and uncontrollable even midrange.

5) Obviously the sniper rifles are fine.

My conclusion is, you lack an accurate controllable LMG. Doesn't justify all the tears.
    • Up x 2
  7. breezy808

I Couldn't agree more, however in a game that isn't forgiving how do you just.. swap factions? how do you predict what faction you'll truly like? I don't think there is a way to predict besides experiment
  8. bluEyedillusions

I played a vanu to battlerank 20. I thought I'd try NC and TR out just to see what I was missing. I made two new characters to fool around on. Ended up falling in love with NC weapons. Now I play the NC character.
    • Up x 1
  9. Vamperial

QFT?!?
  10. ChickenSpy

Oh yeah, the NC carbines are freakin awesome. I found that out a bit too late as I had already put a lot of time and money into my TR Engie. Any idea which TR carbine is equivalent to the NC default?
  11. serenekaos

All players
  12. Phyr

They don't have one. NC default is 167 damage, TR only have 143 damage carbines.
  13. breezy808

Well that's good I'm glad you found something you enjoy! However I thought I did... Invested 100+ hours and money and many many people are in my shoes.. we invest a lot and it was a mistake, I don't know about you but if I invest into something especially when im confident I like it. Should that be my fault or the games lack of implementing a reasonable way to "start" over so to speak. Because right now if you choose another faction you lose EVERYTHING
  14. Eduard K.

Lol, why don't they dare to clone all weapons?

Afraid this game would get overrun by NC again like in beta?
  15. Cinc

I can tell after less then a few sentences that your an idiot.

Horrible format, LOL, just... this is horribly written. No dev will listen to you, and i wont either. By the way, your first point is that none of the top 5 players are NC? I didnt actully read that through, cause its ******* pointless, but REALLY! Have you considered its because you spend all day whining?

God, you NC must all hate eachother...
  16. breezy808

I didn't play PS1 but I heard more bad than good. All I know is you can't give factions certain buffs that go against the challenge of an FPS. Accuracy, ROF, bullet drop,and a bunch of other stuff. Terrible terrible decision not many FPS's would make the challenge of those easier for players. They remove the competitiveness of the game
  17. breezy808

Excuse me. I'm a bit angry don't be so arrogant. You've been pissed off at this game or if not another. Maybe you made a post like mines maybe you didn't but you judge any logical statement I've made based on my format if this was english class maybe I'd try harder to dot my i's. "no dev will listen to you" Do you know the dev's? Are you a dev? Do all dev's think alike? are they robots? "spend all day whining" who said i was on forums all day today or any other day?You try to portray yourself as intelligent but you make these statements and judgements about me that make me think you're in middle school. Re-evaluate what you wrote and retype it.
  18. ChickenSpy

bummer
  19. Kay Cee

I'm going to take the time to respond to your post. What I need from you Breezy is the following:
    1)Read my post thoroughly a few times. Make sure you understand what I'm saying before you even consider your rebuttal.
    2)Start from a neutral position. Consider the fact that you may be wrong and I am right. If you don't start from there, you're doing yourself a disservice.
    3)When you post, try to maintain a high level of rationality. I want you to pretend you're in a Presidential Debate and Bill O'Reilly is going to tear apart the slightest flaw in your argument.

Ok.

1) Top players
    This is a team game, so any ranking of top players without adequate qualifiers would be wholly subjective. As it stands, there is no "top player". If you care to narrow it down to "Best K/D ratio", "Most time played", "Lead the largest zerg", or "Most popular with other players", you might get somewhere. Just be aware that things like K/D ratio can be highly skewed by other people in the environment. Someone who doesn't go anywhere without 10 guys watching his back has a much better chance to survive than a loner whose goal is to take down generators and establish a breach which his forces can exploit.
    2) FPS aspect
    Having played a lot of the FPS you mentioned, I can't really credit your comments. Doom wasn't even made as a multi-player game, that was a patch that was released later. In many ways, the mechanics of weapons in early FPS lack most of the features of guns that you list. I was quite good in the early versions of CS, and I have to say it had some of the most broken guns in existence. I'm not sure you can directly compare FPS games, as they have widely differing and wholly valid interpretations of guns. You have to judge PS2 on it's own merits, as it is a game with a completely different design basis than Doom or CS.
    3) Better K/D on other factions
    Perhaps you're going into different situations which differentiate your win or loss on factors other than your weapon? I generally don't care much about my weapon, I worry more about appearing where the enemy does not expect me to be. Perhaps your teammates on that different faction are simply more adept at supporting you, and your enemies are less coordinated? That's generally the reason for such sharp differences.
    4) Buyers remorse
    That wouldn't make NC less effective, it would just encourage people to stay with the faction they started with. It has no bearing on the quality or skill of players, it just discourages them from switching.
    5) See 2
    You already said the exact same thing in your second point.

So try to consider what you've said from another angle before you reply to my post.
  20. Cinc

Ok, my originial post may have been a bit rushed and in-considerate, so let me re-phrase it.

I hate people like you. Your come out here and ***** about little, in-significant facts like "None of the top 5 players are NC". DID YOU EVEN LOOK THAT UP!

You people come here and wine. YOU WINE. I like to be logical, to have a thought out discussion, to THINK problems through and suggest answers, to try and fix problems with this game.

BUT YOU, you just come here and *****. "My gun isnt killing everyone the second i lay eyes on them" "WA, WA, i have no proof that my gun is actully any worse then yours, so im just going to keep ******** about it until you believe me"

quoting MYSELF

THE NEED FOR A BUFF IS DEBATED,

WITHIN YOUR OWN ******* FACTION

When wether or not you need a buff is up for debate on YOUR side, you dont need one. When its unanimous within your own faction, and with even inklings of support from the other ones, you need a buff.

BUT THAT IS NOT HERE. You wine, you *****, you rage. I read through your entire post in about 5 seconds (the one i quoted, not the main one) because it was the same raging idea over and over. You didnt bring up facts, respond logically.

And im not going to wast any more of my life.

Have a good day, sir, and go **** yourself.