Help me spend 3000 station cash!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Buntwo, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Buntwo

I have no idea what to spend my station cash on. I want to get the best value for my money so I ask the knowledgeable players to help me out :)

I like to play Light infantry most of the time and I am Vanu.

I am open to playing other classes as well. I sometimes play Heavy assault or Engineer as well.

Thanks for any advice :)
  2. Phyr

A shotgun, most people prefer the Pandora, then get a carbine for flavor, Pulsar C for it's higher damage, or the Serpent for it's high ROF.
  3. Morpholine

From your stated play style:

Solstice-SF as purchase 1 (works on both Engy and LA).

If you like to fly, rocket pods next.

Many swear by the HA's SV-88. I like the Polaris. But the default Orion isn't bad at all. A lock-on missile launcher may be a better purchase for HA.

A second Burster arm for Max is always a solid buy.

Edit: You can trial weapons before purchase to test if you like the feel.
  4. siiix

you realize that near every week there will be new weapons that often are superior to the ones right now in the shop ! and there wont be a 3x or 2x SC when you really want something new

dont be in a hurry to spend it all
    • Up x 1
  5. Phyr

Except they aren't superior.
  6. Buntwo

I should mention I have already unlocked the VX6 ( think thats the name?)
  7. SixVoltSamurai

Photon pods for ESF and a Zephyr for lib, and find a good lib pilot, then you win the game.
  8. Morpholine

Also, the Saron HRB is probably the best tank secondary weapon in the game at the moment, and worth a look.
  9. Buntwo

Ok I grabbed a Pandora. I've got 2300 SC left. I think I'll run around with this shotgun for a while and then make another purchase.
  10. Prince Planet

First go buy the VX6-7. Fit the Reflex sight and laser and foregrip. Also may want to trial the Pandora shotgun for in your face zergs.

Buy the Manticore pistol which all classes using pistols use.

Both weapons are shared with the Engineer class so that's a bonus.

Heavy Assault, take a look at the Flare with Reflex and laser. I have the Lasher and its so much of a situational weapon that it's useless for 99.9% or the encounters you are in. I'd avoid the Lasher.

Maybe the G2A lock on missile launcher for the HA?

Anyway just a few suggestions to mull over.
  11. Morpholine

I also heartily recommend a full set of Giraffe camouflage. (Warning: Use of Giraffe camouflage may result in more frequent damage from team mates.)
  12. Random63

Liberator: Dalton or Zephyr?
    ESF: rocket pods or A2A? any need to buy another main gun?
    Prowler (TR):

Infantry is well balanced enough (not perfect), but I feel that vehicle upgrades are really making an impact instead of a sidegrade
    So if anyone of u can suggest the "best" upgrades for vehicles (Sundy/Prowler/Air) I like to hear it.

Also doubting if a new rocketlauncher would be worth the 700SC
  13. ghnurbles

If you already have the VX6-7, then you don't need anything else for LA (aside from cosmetic items). A second burster arm for the MAX is often useful, and you might want to pick up one of the lock-on AV launchers for HA.
  14. Dinapuff

Both the Dalton and the Zephyr are weapons that work. One works best against vehicles and the other works best against infantry. Which is why you get the Dalton if you want to over on top of the sky and blast vehicles, and the Zepher for when you want to kill infantry.

For Liberators the tankbuster is an amazing main gun, and alongside The walker for your backturret is is pretty good for taking out enemy air of all kinds.

for ESF you can get the Rotary main gun, and the rocket pods to be the most versatile, as A2A can only target air and only when it locks on do you get to fire a single missile that the enemy can then flare away, which is funnily enough a dps loss from straight rotary if you hit every bullet. Just trial the A2A missiles to check them out and you`ll see that I`m right.

Sundy you go double or single Anti infantry. Doesn't `t really matter so long as you get at least one to deal with engineers and clear mines. Get a vision scope as it can easily spot mines on the road for you, and then clear them out in a blast.

Im playing vanu and NC though so screw the prowler. You have that faction spesific Vulcan machingun. I think that`s a good bet.
    • Up x 1
  15. siiix

we see about that... not all ... but i would bet my behind that eventually they will be... its simple economics to keep the cash coming
  16. Phyr

And that's when we start flooding the forums with legit QQ.
  17. fastdak255

Solstice SF for LF/Eng, comes with 3 shot bursts and Noob tube unlock
  18. Kairus

Don't get a lock-on missile launcher. Get the decimator.
  19. BengalTiger

Grab an unlimited use camo or two- both for uniforms and vehicles.

I also bought the Skyguard (was on sale, so I spent my 3x sale SC on it, getting a double deal), but right now I get an assist per minute and kill per 2-3 minutes in a target rich sky....
    It's a tough little gun, but when I get my aim perfected I think it'll do the job. Buy at your own risk.
  20. Ninjihad