[Suggestion] The top 5 Constructive reasons why NC is obsolete.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by breezy808, Dec 21, 2012.

1. breezy808

I'd like to say this game has so much potential and I understand that you guy's needed to release this game before the holidays it would be stupid not too. However couldn't you have stressed your worker a LITTLE bit more?SOE mod's please don't try to spit you sloppy opinion's about how this isn't productive or constructive this is a solid opinion based on experience and facts, I've played many different FPS's and you butcher the reason why FPS is challenging and competitive. I dare you for one day give all factions no recoil, no bullet drop, high ROF(5-10 bullets per second like TR) and see how many people will play your game after! You'll take any challenge out of this game.

1.) This is a question out of the top 5 players in the world(based on level) Are any of them even NC? and how many of those are TR and VS? LOL I think those facts would be pretty funny. So if any1 has the leaderboards could you post that I'm extremely curious. If you have a top 50-100 that'd be even better! I wonder how much % of VS and TR are in the top compared to NC. *WARNING* Posting the top 50-100 could possibly get you banned by SOE for proving to them a faction imbalance.

2.) You butchered the FPS genre by making the challenging aspects of FPS easier to handle. let me explain why. the FIRST-person shooter genre which obviously relies heavily on your ability to understand and your ability to control a gun. You look at CS, Doom, a bunch of other FPS's. They would never allow a gun like TR's and VS's guns to be in their game. There is little to no skill in controlling their weapons. When you disable the reasons that makes an FPS challenging(Aim control, recoil, ROF, understanding) You essentially give these weapons a "no-need" for experience any new player can pick up a TR weapon or VS point and click. They're already professional they need to be paid they're already pro. If you made TR terrorists on Counter-Strike(The FPS game) and NC the Counter-Terrorists 100% the game would die in first week Terrorists weapons would be too accurate and have extreme ROF you can't give weapons high ROF and be so accurate you can't do that you can't. That should be illegal in the gaming world! Test these weapon's more I'm not saying SOE hasn't done testing however I highly doubt it's enough. VS and ESPECIALLY TR can drop 5 bullets into your body, or head in .2 seconds. This is a trained martial artists reaction time to process information and be able to react to the situation, the average human takes about .7 these are facts look it up. I can't even click F as a heavy quick enough to react to that.(I have my finger on the F at all times I've played heavy since level 1, and I'm 31, not saying this to brag but I have a 1.4 KDR I'm not some newbie FPS player complaining) This really need's to be looked into!

3.) With enough thought you will understand why your NC KDR is significantly lower than your VS and TR. I can play my lvl 20 VS and get 2-3 KDR consistently I goto NC 1.5, 1.3 consistently I thought it was just me? My gun? My lack of attachments? I'm lvl 31 NC now and still same consistent scores I don't feel like I'm progressing so I analyze different reasons , and I came to the conclusion its that ROF B.S. No bullet drop, and extreme accuracy. It has to be 100% you don't realize actually how important that is in an FPS genre!

4.) Buyer's remorse, this includes changing faction and the obvious. If you invest money into one faction you can't just swap to another, you lose all progress all weapons, all your money, everything. Your boost's don't even swap over! Which I can't even understand any logical reason other than more money. Like majority of normal human beings in this world it takes time and experience to understand a game or anything in life for that matter. I begin to understand the NC faction more now but I can't swap I want to go to any other faction but I invested too much time, effort and money now I am stuck with this faction... If you think swapping factions is easy... Please go spend 30 bucks on a faction 100+ hours unlock a bunch of guns and levels... Then swap do it!! Let's see how long it lasts =)

5.) Test these weapon's more I'm not saying SOE hasn't done testing however I highly doubt it's enough. VS and ESPECIALLY TR can drop 5 bullets into your body, or head in .2 seconds. This is a trained martial artists reaction time to process information and be able to react to the situation, the average human takes about .7 these are facts look it up. I can't even click F as a heavy quick enough to react to that.(I have my finger on the F at all times I've played heavy since level 1, and I'm 31, not saying this to brag but I have a 1.4 KDR I'm not some newbie FPS player complaining) This really need's to be looked into!

1 more thing I'd like to add in, 100% some experienced players will try to prove that there's nothing wrong with NC. Please take note of their KDR from when they played either TR or VS then compare it to NC. NC in my opinion is a normal FPS and the supposed-to be type of FPS faction and VS and TR are the extraordinary faction that is above the challenge of the FPS genre.

***PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG*** I want to know that NC is balanced!!! PROVE ME WRONG
    • Up x 6
  2. Flarestar

KDR is relatively stupid to try to base a balance discussion on. It has entirely too many external factors that affect it beyond weapon balance.
    • Up x 8
  3. Phyr

There's nothing we can say that will satisfy your "prove me wrong" challenge, you've already made up you mind and I highly doubt numbers and math are going to change that.
    • Up x 3
  4. perspicacious

Well, NC has the worst RoF, CoF bloom, recoil, TTK, DPS...

Reaver is the worst ESF right now - it's a slow, easy to hit box with a ****** A2G gun...

But hey, say anything that might possibly hint that NC is slightly unbalanced and every TR and VS player in the game will literally r@pe you with QQ whine accusations. Whelp.

The real OP faction, IMO, is actually Vanu. NC and TR are fairly balanced, you'll notice NC weapons really kick into gear in medium range. TR guns, by comparison, drop off in effectiveness at these ranges.

VS guns don't. They still retain that full auto TR-style DPS and TTK at medium range with ******** accuracy for the DPS. Whoever decided that the VS guns are accurate versions of TR weapons should be fired or tortured or something.

Statistically, looking at my stats, I have been killed a lot more by VS then TR. My kills of VS and TR are approximately equal.

Please do note that I do appreciate playing all 3 factions in order to get an idea of the balance involved. This does include playing vanu...
    • Up x 7
  5. breezy808

Are you trying to say that it's normal for infantry to get a negative KDR and level slower than people in a vehicle? That would be unfair wouldn't it? and if people noticed a significant difference in their KDR when they use vehicles compared to infantry.. I'm sure they'd use vehicles more than infantry... IDK about you or what game you're playing but I constantly look at my kills and many many many others 100% the majority of people care about their KDR

I understand the meta game, and I do cap I do take priority attacking bases over where the potential of most kills are.. However I am playing an FPS you're a tool if you don't enjoy having a good KDR
    • Up x 1
  6. bPostal

KDR? Leaderboards? These are things that don't matter in Planetside as no one player is important by him/her self.
    Can I comment on FPS mechanics? I stopped playing CS long long ago, but you're focusing on the wrong portions of the game.
    Is TTK too short? Perhaps, but it's much better than what it was in Planetside, the warping ADAD spamming could really do your head in.
    Balancing is ongoing, it will never be over. Not until everyone is complaining that everything is OP.
    Also, feel free to note and attempt to mock my KDR, it's in my sig. I really don't care about it.
    • Up x 3
  7. Tasogie

Actually TR an VS are populated mostly by the COD generation, who dont like to play as underdog. They want things to be as easy as possible. kdr is seen by them as the be all an end all,by people that actually defense themselves by A SILLY stat that has no meaning whatsoever. NC on other hand people learn to make do, an play better for it.

There is a reason most of the hacks ar eon TR (aimbot) an to a lesser extent VS.On Briggs you can easily see the top 5 players, an within 5 seconds see why they are the top 5, "aimbots" an other hacks. None of them are NC for good reason, they want it to be as simple as possible to live by their kdr.
  8. breezy808

you're making a judgement on my personality and you don't even know me? Well, sir that's very respectful
  9. Doov

Notice the Vanu and TR tears as they come to defend their artificially high KDRs.
    • Up x 1
  10. Phyr

I made that judgment based on the tone of this thread and my past experience with similar threads.
  11. Tensalis

12. perspicacious

Briggs is a hacked out, lagging, piece of **** server that isn't worth the 1c a year to host it. I get better ping-pong to the US west then Briggs at times.
  13. perspicacious

That chart is almost a month old and also before a large vanu buff and other major balance changes. Don't source it.
  14. SixVoltSamurai

Just looking offhand, of the top 100 overall according to PSU, 31 are NC. So 2 players short of 1/3rd of the pie... clearly an imbalance right?~
    • Up x 1
  15. perspicacious

Does PSU take statistics from all players or only PSU registered players?
  16. oMaYHeMo

If he's anything like me, he's made that judgement based on the fact that you've come here to whine, despite the plethora statistics and discussion countering your conclusion, already of public domain. Not to mention your undeniably childish manner throwing down an imaginary gauntlet by knocking over a scarecrow.

Please prove me wrong.
  17. Sabzi

I love NC guns. There is no TR/VS who can kill me before I kill them. Medium/close range of course. At longer ranges I can only do good if they don't notice me first, but still a few shot is enough if you are good.
    TR guns are like: press down left mouse button than **** dies.
    VS guns: press down left mouse button and ****(except TR) dies(VS weapons damage drop quiet a lot IMO, TR always kills me from long range no matter how well I aim/burst)
    NC guns: aim, control recoil, burst fire and EVERYTHING dies

skill ceiling wise I would say NC>TR>VS
    There is really not much you can do with VS guns with your skill other than in cqc going for ads head shots, although TR is not much better, their gun is really just how hard you can press left mouse.
    NC however if you are good than you are god.

I play VS the most because I like the magrider :p. But NC guns man ... I would give one of my arm for NC magriders, world would be perfect. ****** VS guns, they are all just pew-pew. Nothing manly, I almost feel gay using them.
  18. breezy808

I don't think you read everything I wrote, or you have a misconception as to the reason I wrote it. 1.) You need to kill people to advance in the game. Do you know why hackers are such a big problem? 1 hacker can hold down a squad trying to cap something, you can see it on youtube videos. That's significant. How you going to cap points if no one kills eachother?

2.) I mentioned leaderboards because I want to compare How much more VS and TR are on the leaderboards than NC. For example if there's 54% TR on the leaderboards 34% are Vanu and 22 are NC. Then you begin to ask yourself well why are there so little NC on the leaderboards? Questions arise will arise if we see the leadershipboards. And NO I am not focusing on wrong portions of the game. I do understand the importance of vehicles however infantry are just as important if not more. That's where the FPS of the game kicks in which is why I made my post.
  19. Tenzin

Aren't the leaderboards mostly dominated by people who farm with liberators and have a huge amount of time spent playing?

Not exactly the best measure of infantry balance.
  20. bluEyedillusions

This didn't end in a bel-air to prove that the OP was a joke. I am disappointed.

I switched from VS to NC. Yeah. Feast your brain on that idea. I like the NC weapons better. They feel better to me and I actually do better with them.

Sometimes everything's just psychological. Other times things fit your play style more. I think faction differences are both of these things.
    • Up x 1