Supressor lackluster?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunshooter, Nov 23, 2012.

1. gunshooter

I purchased a supressor for my SOAS-20, thinking the lack of minimap ping and sound would be great. But its still SO loud. I think its actually louder than it is without it.

Has anyone been using one? How bad is the dropoff at range? I thought it was a no brainer initially but i'm having second thoughts now.
  2. Chiss

I'd love it to be super quiet. Yes.
  3. Wahooo

Have you stood ~near someone else shooting it? I think the guns with suppressors are MUCH louder for the person firing them than for the person being shot. I have it on my SOAS-20 and it is definitely working as intended and I think it is much quieter to the victim.
  4. Mansen

Haven't experimented with the suppressors yet, but if the change isn't overly noticeable it sounds like a candidate for a bit of tweaking.
  5. Chiss

Would love someone to do some tests on this. If it's quieter, and doesn't do less damage, i'm sold.
  6. Big Cyz

yes its super quiet to people other than the one firing it (YOU)
  7. Nephera

It doesnt make much noise to other people, and its very difficult to hear if there's any sort of action going on in the area.
  8. KoooZ

My experience with suppressor: on my serpent it sounds the same, on my eidolon it sounds like a silencer straight out of a movie, and soon I'll know on my H-V45.
  9. TheBloodEagle

I believe it sounds different to others around you. But the volume is still a bit higher for yourself just as an audio cue. There are issues like this as well with other weapons. The Kobalt on my Prowler sounds loud when firing it, but if you're the Driver, you BARELY hear it. If you're outside you hear it in-between.
  10. KaosWarMonk

Not used one personally (on the to do list) but I guarantee carbines are much quieter. The TR one's I've heard make a fast ticking sound, that's it.

-kaos
  11. iller

/Thread

people need to STOP judging sound FX by their first person volumes. That's not how the game works
  12. KaosWarMonk

Why not? Why doesn't the first person sound match the 3rd person one?