Hackers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cod3star, Dec 20, 2012.

1. cod3star

Its getting a bit absurd. 4 days in a row now I have logged out after being camped by people in Max suits flying at supersonic speeds, shooting thru walls/mountains, and infiltrators sniping me and 100's of people from insane distances every shot. I dont notice this during prime time, but during the mornings/daytime its completely rampant.
  2. allattar

Found two I could definately pinpoint as hackers this week.
    First was a TR who I saw three times. First time I got wasted it was quick and ok he could have had good aim and got headshots. Ill give him that one.
    Second encounter with the same guy I shoot first he turns round and bam im out again. Ok very quick, but he could be a very good player.
    Third encounter I jump this guy as he is shooting someone else, come in from his side, and bam im gone. He went straight from the original target (killing them) to me without stopping fire, and it was the fast kill of headshots.

Second person I saw was yesterday.
    At Heyoka droppod in and place a spawn beacon on the ledge on one side of the tech plant. This guy jumps down to investigate it. I had moved back and was stationary and he was looking over the edge of the base at incoming VS. So I plant a whole clip in his back. He ignores it and moves to the edge. I put a second clip in. Hes still standing, I stab him. He jumps off. I follow.
    I lose about a 1/4 shield from the fall. I put a grenade in his back at point blank from the underslung launcher, another guy shoots at him. I put a third clip in, and he still turns round and kills us both. Kill screen shows full health and shields.

The second one really annoyed me, understandably.
  3. PEETREE

Did you happen to use the /report feature on those two jerks?
  4. allattar

Yep :)

Havent seen the first guy on the server since, but not sure if that proves anything.
    • Up x 1
  5. PEETREE

*golf clap*

you're doing gods work son.
  6. Sebyos

To me the worse is not the very few obvious clowns like the ones you mentioned, it's the incredible amount of people able to land a few perfect shots including head shots from 500m while I'm stuck bursting or even using single shots. It's sad cause I used to get mad at it now I'm so used to it I don't even care.
  7. shidochan

on connery last night we had a NC person spawn a sunderer in the crown tower spawn room, the empty one, and ruin a perfectly good crown fight
  8. Gremlok

I see the occasional hacker here and there ( most pretty blatant ) which I not only /report, but I also go to the SoE site and open a ticket with video proof. Now we have a 2 week double XP event coming and that's scary. Last double XP weekend the amount of hackers was just RAMPANT and I sure hope its not about to be like that again.
  9. PeanutMF

Did you get the hit indicator while hitting the second guy?

I've had an issue where I can unload everything I have into enemies who I've played against before and after the incident and had no issue killing them, and they won't die, none of the hits register at all. It's specific to me because I can't do damage to anybody at all.

It's possible you may have reported an innocent player because you experienced a bug.

There is another issue where people can use an exploit to gain MAX health levels for normal infantry but I'm not sure if that has been fixed yet or not.
  10. Sinist

The thing that bothers me the most about hackers is not the blatant aimbotters who kill 100 people in a minute, or the people flying around in tanks, or the speedhackers. They don't care if they get banned and they have no problems admitting they are cheaters.

It's the player's that use cheats that have persisted in game for weeks now who try to pass themselves off as legitimate players. Those are the one's that piss me off the most.

Everytime the leaderboard's work and I see a half dozen of the top 20 players are cheaters and SOE has banned any of them. THAT'S WHAT MAKES ME BANG MY HEAD INTO THE DESK.

I feel the SOE admins are so out of touch with what is happening on the servers that you have to wonder if they exist at all. How some of the hacking goes on unpunished day after day from the same players it amazes me. I have started to treat the report feature as a big black hole of worthlessness and use it to report people at whim because I don't like their decal just to spite the whole admin system. At first I treated it as a big red nuclear weapons launch button, only press it if an emergency calls for it.

At least in other FPS games you can host your own server's or play in LAN tournaments.

In PS2 we rely on Sony.

WHO FAIL.
  11. Mupod

In 100+ hours of playing on Soltech I have not seen anyone I could confirm as aimbotting. I've seen a couple of speedhackers, and a lot of stuff that I'm not sure was lag or not. I had someone accuse me of aimbotting once, but I killed him by running him over in a Magrider so I have no idea what he was on about.

I do know of one habitual exploiter on my server who is BR46+ at this point and has still not been banned or stat wiped. He's not using external programs as far as I know but it's still a very obvious cheat, and EVERYONE knows he does it.
  12. TokyoShoe

I constantly see folks that manage to get 'perfect headshots' under amazingly impossible situations. Happens all.. the .. time, and more than 80% of them play as snipers. Gets EXTREMELY aggrivating because they can headshot you from 400m so fast that you don't even a chance to see where the shot came from.

You just have to move on from that location and respawn somewhere else.
  13. allattar

Well another one on Miller, this guy was speedhacking (running two to three times as fast) and Aimbotting.
  14. Hodo

Luckly I have only run into a couple of hackers on my server. Mostly what I run into a lagswitch users.

I did report one guy for using a flight hack, he was flying around in a sunderer. First time I ever seen that, to bad he was on myside. But I have no loyalty for hackers.