Help me choose a mouse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nibelung44, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Nibelung44

Is it a gameplay discussion or not? I believe so, and aside the 'technical forum' I don't see where I can post that.

Please advise me on a nice multi-buttons mouse which is at most 60$/50€ in cost (I don't want to spend a full wage of that!). I would like to get more than 3 buttons, so to have say the knife on a button and the grenade on another, etc. you get it I think :)

So thanks for your advices...
  2. Ekopy

I have the Razer Naga and it's a pretty fine mouse. It has those 12 side buttons which come in handy in any game, especially MMO's. I use those buttons religiously over the keyboard buttons. It's just far easier. Logitech just released the G600 which is the same concept and it looks decent. I would say go with one of those.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153087
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104674

You can probably find them cheaper if you shop around, especially around the holidays but these are good points of reference.
  3. zerobane

Second ekopy; anything from the razer line are great for FPS's...

I am still using there older copperhead...
  4. TheBloodEagle

The best mouse I have (and ever had) is my Performance MX from Logitech. It's also helped my wrist pains out A LOT. It's around $99 usually but I found it half price on Ebay. It has an ergonomic design, darkfield laser, and isn't pointless flashy like those "gamer" ones. I know this doesn't qualify for what you're asking since you want more buttons. But as an FPS player, I feel like wrist pain is what bugs me the most. It does have 3 side buttons you can map-out though.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/performance-mouse-mx?crid=7

[IMG]
  5. Owleyes

I just got the Corsair M60 and i have to say, the dedicated "sniper" button that decreases dpi is really nice :)

P.S. i bought the Logitech MX440 and it was the worst mouse i have ever bought, it stopped working after 2 months :(
  6. Duvenel

I'd suggest something from the Razer line of products, or any gaming mouse that has more than 5 buttons as binding keys to the mouse can be very useful(especially for flying).
  7. itzCujo666

Would go for the Logitech G600 over the Naga. I find the G600 more comfortable, but you should be sure to try them both in a store, to see what you find most comfy.
  8. Holy Psycho

im using my logitech mx518 for around 5-6 years. still awesome. but im looking for a new one 2, and damnit i cant decide wich one to choose. g700, g600, performance mx or a rat7/9 (lil anxious of the look and haptik of em).
    http://www.cyborggaming.com/de/prod/rat9.htm

alfter all, logitech did it great for me the last years, maybe i should stay loyal.
  9. ArmedGoose

Using the Logitech G500 - love it.
    Clearly designed by the Vanu because it both gets the job done extremely well and looks awesome... ;)
  10. CobraBoss

Naga has a weird shape for like little girl hands.
    As much as i hate to say it if you want alot of buttons id go with the World of Warcrapt cataclysm mouse , good shapes on the buttons mouse is more shaped like gamer mouses perfect if you have big hands. 99$

But i use the sidewinder X5 mouse it only has 2 additional buttons for your thumb but its has 3 more for sensivities one for precision shooting (low sensivity) one for your basic setting and another for fast mouse (high sensivity) perfect for shooters and its very comfortable for your other fingers and thumb and has that quality click for left right most mouse dont have.
  11. }{ellKnight

I'm using a Logitec G500 and I'm very happy with it :)
  12. WhiteWolf

I absolutely adore my Logitech Mx518. I've tried other mice, but I have a weird way of holding my mouse that makes the Naga, SteelSeries and other mice outright painful after a short time.
    There's a version of the Mx518 that has a customizable weight tray, but I forget the name of it.
  13. ajappat

This :p. It's really good "basic" mouse that simply feels good on hand. I have my second MX518 going now and I tried razer diamondback between them. Diamondback was bit too angular I think and buttons where not as easy to reach as on MX518.

I'm aware that both of these are not anywhere near new models anymore, so I can't really say anything about newer designs.
  14. quicKsanD

The Logitech G500 is an amazing mouse. Adjustable sensitivity in game is amazing. Logitech's Setpoint system allows you to customize the settings so it not some random levels. It also comes with a weight system you can customize. It doesn't have as many buttons but it is a great choice. All Razer mice imo feel like light cheap POS. Been using Logitech mice for 10+ years they haven't let me down.
  15. wolfva

What...what's wrong with the default mouse that comes with the computer? I mean, c'mon! Just clean the ball and roller pins with alcohol once in awhile it's good to go! And who needs more then 2 buttons anyways. Just more confusing.

Yes, I'm not being serious. Forgot what I got, but it's a 5 button gamer mouse with 2 or 3 DPI settings up to 1200 I think.
  16. LibertyRevolution

I use the G400. Its is the new MX518.
    My MX518 died after years of abuse, and they don't make them anymore.
    G400:
    [IMG]

I didn't like the dpi buttons on the G500, they are too close to where my left click finger hits.
  17. lolwtf

I own about eight different brands. Razer naga hex comes out on top for best mouse. It has very clickable side buttons compared to the regular razer naga. Its a new design from razer and is easily a 10/10.
  18. Skurcey

i have a CoolMaster sentinel Zero - G
    [IMG]
    really comfortable and good grip
  19. Alexii

I would go for the big headed one. Chance at taking over the world is nothing to pass by. Mickey Mouse comes with family baggage. So dunno. However he has some relationship to USMC so who knows. Stay away from Jerry. That guy is useless. Fast and annoying. Eats a lot. Have been known to terrorize old ladies and cats.
  20. Flarestar

For sheer reliability and ease of use - Logitech. The G600 is basically the Razer Naga except without Razer's fairly notorious lack of durability and quality control issues.

For comfort and feature set - http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm