Do the Resist Shield upgrade certs work?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Hoki, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Hoki

I remember there was a vid that proved that resist shield 1 lasted exactly as long as 5 and regenned just as slowly.

Can anyone confirm its been fixed? Don't wanna waste certs.
  2. Echra

Duration certs are broken atm, same as LA jetpack etc
  3. omega4

Wow. And yet PS2 allows you to still spend certs on broken items?

Brilliant.
  4. Pockets

They still let us buy the skyguard don't they?
    • Up x 1
  5. Lazaruz

At the moment the are indeed broken. I maxed it out yesterday, and tested each level, with no change whatsoever.
  6. Bill Hicks

still better than NMG even with 1 cert rank
  7. omega4

Then the NMG must be pretty worthless....
  8. Bill Hicks

no I just like the protection when I pop it and open up on a room. NMG takes too long and doesnt seem to give me the survivability that resist does. Resist is good for storming a building, reload, recharge, then moving on. Scales great with nanoweave
    • Up x 1
  9. Elad_k

Resist shield is more reliable than NMG. As lon as it's up it will mitigate % of damage. While the NMG scales with the shield's energey bar. So for a one of encounter here and there, yeah I guess it's better than resist but personally I would like to keep moving and pushing forward as much as possible.

long story short, resist shield = less downtime
  10. LeBigJimbo

Work or not, it's utterly useless so don't bother.
  11. MintiFresh

Is it really bugged? I was hoping it'd last longer than my NMG did and I got really annoyed when I found it lasted a lot less after buying 3 ranks in it regardless if it's the same effectiveness.
  12. Hoki

Well hopefully they let us know when the fix it unlike their recent stealth-everything patches.
  13. omega4

Resist is the glowing body shield that activates in your factions color when you press "F" right?
  14. Penthus

I submitted a ticket for this and the response I got was:

So please submit this guys. The more they know about it maybe we will get a fix sooner.
  15. SixVoltSamurai

That's any of the overshields, they all look the same. Usually will be NMG since that's the default, but there's no difference in glow for any of them.
  16. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Resist Shield is better if you have full health, and stacks great with Flak Armor or Nanoweave.
    If you have a medic near, or take small bursts of damage, it is superior through higher uptime; it will also grant you a higher total maximum health in those ballz to the wall moments.
    If you skirmish around, I think I'd prefer Adrenaline Shield.
    But I trail off, the OP has already been answered.
  17. Krave

how much does a kill refill the energybar?
  18. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I think it's 5% to 25%.
    On highest level, NGM regenerates 25% faster (or should regenerate faster), and AS grants 25% per kill; Which means, if you run from cover to cover and get not much done, NMG is superior (Tank fights are resist anyways), if you win a 1on1 fight, Adrenaline shield already has the 25% that NMG regens faster.

There is a Thread that explains it.