[Suggestion] Jammer Grenades - The Missing Link

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by robo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Rockit

I like the idea but I can tell you that it is based on defense more than offense and that is strictly verboten in PS2. Run and gun is where it is at man!
  2. Sowahka

So long as it takes up the same slot as C4 I'd like this. Though 10-15 seconds is insane. Like someone else mentioned above 3 seconds ought to do it, but even three seconds is going to absolutely infuriate some tank drivers. And it shouldn't affect the prowler while it's hunkered down or the vanguard while it's shielded.
  3. Monnor

Infiltrator have EMP granades, never saw someone use it.
  4. Nathaniak

It should replace the Engineer's MANA turret, affect all vehicles within range, and require engineer repairs to restore functionality to affected vehicles. Focus on the last one. AFAIK, an EMP induces increased current/voltage in a circuit , damaging electronic equipment. This damage is not temporary, and should not go away without active intervention. As an addition, a new cert for the vehicle defence slot would give electromagnetic shielding, reducing the effect to a temporary loss of function (including vision for enclosed vehicles) as systems temporarily shut down to protect from the blast. This would make EMP a powerful anti-vehicle weapon, which is why its availability should be limited by a high resource cost and/or a high cert barrier.
  5. Nihil

Are you FlareStarchild by any chance?

It worked in PS1. It wasn't OP or crippling.

It was useful in dealing with door camping. A tank would park outside your door and shell it so much you couldn't fire anything at it. Cloaker sneaks around and chucks an EMP. The tank can't fire for a few seconds. Long enough for the AV guys to get a word in edgewise. EMPs also stunned turrets, reset implants and set off mines.

Everything should have a counter, so offer a vehicle cert of EMP Hardening or an Electronics Reset System. The former could reduce the the effects, the latter would shut down all vehicle systems for a second or so, rebooting it. It would have a reset time like the flares.
  6. Dhart

I think it's a bad suggestion. You don't like conflict? Why are playing this game again?
  7. Furber

Jammer grenades provided an incredible balance between infantry and vehicles. If they implement them right, they could really benefit this game. Giving the jammers to the HA could be too strong, but why not give it to something like the LA? They're already sorely lacking a team-oriented role, this would give them more of that disrupting power that the devs mentioned early on.
  8. yama

I would love me some jammers!
  9. Hamster

Absolutely love this idea. Jammers would be a valuable edition to the game, or we could modify the current EMP grenades so that they could take on this additional role.
  10. Flarestar

No, I'm not.

Also, for what it's worth I'm not saying that the concept is inherently OP or will inherently cripple vehicle gameplay. I was specifically referencing the OP's initial idea, namely the 10-15 second weapon lock.
  11. Iksniljiksul

Yes well if the game were still actually Planetsides we would already have this and it would work great.
  12. TacosWLove

Do want! These are very handy and totally needed. I do think the throwing range should be significantly be reduced. Jammer Nades, oh how i miss the...
  13. KRE8R125

LOL yeah nail on the head here. This whole forum is full of whiners like this who have the secret remedy for total game balance. The most irritating thing is that people are so stuck in the roles they like that they don't even see things from any other perspective, its like infantry whine about how strong air and vehicles are, vehicles whine about how strong infantry and air are, etc etc. The only solution is to nerf EVERYTHING that i don't play! lol so childish. :D
  14. Brian TR

Well the game is failing it fails to keep ps1 players and it fails to keep BF3 players its home to bad players playing in groups taking advantage of the games flaws killing it for everyone else.
  15. robo

Well that was a heck of a thread necro.

If you're going to reply to the thread, read all of it. This was an important addition, as were the replies after it.

With the new changes to spawning and such, however, this may already be handled.
  16. Zakuak

Interesting.

Would this Nade also affect friendly vehicles in the area? So you'd still have control of the vehicle just not able to use its weapons, correct? I would suggest some sort of vehicle invulnerability to the nade for X amount of time after its been hit.....Kinda like the Flares and lock on effect.

Sounds like it could have a welcomed use in game if it was implemented correctly. I'm not for it or against it at this point.