The new patch is a taste of what air feels like on the ground.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eduard K., Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripster0

So let's say all roles should have weaknesses and everyone complaining about air feels they have too few weaknesses or that the other roles don't have enough strength against air, and you think pointing out that people are complaining about even more weaknesses or loss of strength might be able to relate to pilots makes sense in any way at all?
    • Up x 1
  2. MrBloodworth

You have zero proof. This is nothing more than a thread to create aggravation and controversy. You have not played it, there are no official patch notes to anything you have said. But you posted anyway.

Its about nothing but your ****** that you won't prove. When did this title get put on Xbox live?
    • Up x 1
  3. MrBloodworth

4. {joer

Thats pretty much what every anti-esf post is, crap. Being I do fly, and I get more kills with my guns than rocket pods, I feel entitled to call people out on it. I shoot down so many clueless idiots TRYING to use rocket pods, mostly I assume they spent the SC on them because of the forum whines and they die pitifully easily. Its even better when I play my HA with a grounder. For some reason it seems to be mostly scythes but all I see are free kills trying to rocket pod.

Flying IS hard in a way in PS2 because the mechanics for it are awful. I'd love to see hard data on it but based on what I've seen is the average ESF lifespan in combat is maybe 30-60 seconds.

Good pilots last much longer because a good pilot flies like a coward. You attack lone vehicles who are out of the range of the zerg, you avoid 2-1's, especially with the skilless OPed A2AM's out there. You don't fly into areas where you expect flak, and if you do decide to chance it you try to approach from a flank. If you take any damage you repair. If you don't have flares ready you fly away.

What the average, below 1 KD player sees is they spawn at an open sunderer, with no air cover, in the open, someone rocket pods them and therefore ESF's are overpowered. The other whiner group are tankers who think they should be able to farm infantry without those peskey aircraft ruining their 20-1 streak.
    • Up x 2
  5. smokemaker

lol....
    if you die by suicide or an enemy, it still counts as a death. The suicide when getting shot down, denies the attack additional XP and is a good way of showing them your middle finger. I eject if i can, sometimes death is just to fast to do it.
  6. Seryi

About his sick K/D, bro. I mean, look at the way he talks about the 'purity' of KDRs in this game.

Especially after he claims nothing in this game requires skill, then immediately contradicts himself by saying air requires more skill.

He's right about that at least: Nothing in this game requires skill. Nothing. Zilch. None. ESPECIALLY not tanking/air.

What do you lose by dying in the air? Resources that you already gained back? A cooldown timer that has already long since went away since you flew out of base?

But eh, tryhards gonna tryhard I suppose. He got us, so that's still a victory at least. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  7. AtomicGerman

This should now encourage you to fly more like an actual pilot, and not try to attack everything you see with reckless abandon.

Seriously. Get the hell out with your KDR claims.
  8. Ranik

I'm sorry but flying itself is not at all that hard really. The only time i've ever died in my forays into flying are when I get fancy with maneuvering and clip into terrain that is semi invisible (cliff faces which are bigger than they look) or when another ESF is shooting at me.

Other than that it's usually boredom and the ensuing overreaching that gets me killed.
  9. ClickMe

Are you serious or just 'tarded? This game has the most hello kitty carebear flying difficulty compared to literally ANY other FPS game out there...

In a game like warrock with original prenerf MD500, it took like a week minimum to learn how to fly/kill/dogfight effectively. In PS2, it takes about 10-20 minutes max.

I already predicted in the beta (after AA nerf) that every noob and his mother would instabin Rocket Pods and go farm 24/7 for easy mode leveling/certs at release. Flying was that easy/OP.
    • Up x 1
  10. Phrygen

The top pilots easily reach between 20-50 k/d

This entire thread is meaningless
    • Up x 1
  11. Jac70

They've done their best to take the fun out of flying, turning them into OP spam platforms.

I do fly, but I have a specific anti-ESF fighter. I have 950certs in the bank but I haven't bought rocket pods because they're lame. I use the Hailstorm, afterburners and I will purchase flares when I have spare certs. I don't use the 3rd person view because that is also lame.

I had a few good dogfights today. One particular encounter I was heading back to Jaegers to switch to engineer class when I was engaged by a Mosquito - I was already damaged. Another true flyer, he got on my tail and attempted to take me out with his guns. I evaded and tried to escape but I couldn't shake him so I though go for broke and try take him down. I managed to get behind him and eventually whittled him down and killed him.

That was fun and whoever that TR pilot on Miller was - I salute you. :)
  12. {joer

You are like Nostradamus. Only this isn't release day, people now have AA missles and AA maxes, rocket pods are nerfed a bit, flak armor is nerfed a lot, and at least a few people are learning not to play like lemmings.

Do YOU die to air a lot? I don't unless I happen to be flying. On the ground I'll die to the occasional liberator, but EFS's are a non-issue.
  13. Eduard K.

Pipe down, champ.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...roke-the-burster-max.69294/page-3#post-867637

There was a post about lighting vehicle collisions as well which mysteriously disappeared, I am not surprised.

Like I said, I will test soon and return to shower you with my wisdom.
  14. Eduard K.

Come on now, no need to turn this into a ragefest, this post is directed towards making everyone aware of the current situation before you came here to question why someone bumped into your tank and took you down to 30% health or why your super AA max was not hitting ESF at the range it used to.

I asked for KDr proof since you say flying is easy, I don't need to flaunt my skill as a pilot in front of everyone, I get enough rage tells in the game as it is, too much to handle.
  15. Hoki

I remember smug pilots like you in bad company 2. I'd seem sayin "QQ" in chat with their 50:2 kdr's.

Go engineer -> grab AT4 -> kill them -> kill them again

And then they'd spend the rest of the game hiding/stalking 1 particular engineer.

The truth is, infantry get no decent anti-vehicle weapons in this game. Oh and even I can fly an ESF in this game with a fkn mouse and keyboard, and I am fkn horrible at flying jets/choppers. So before you go insinuating that flying in this game takes talent, keep that in mind.
    • Up x 2
  16. Eduard K.

True, but you still cannot perform well.:D
  17. Jac70

Anyone remember Wake Island - that was absolutely indicative of certain flyer mentality. Kill everything at little risk and cry if someone stops you doing it.
    • Up x 2
  18. Eduard K.

BF2 or 1942?

Not sure what you mean by "stopping" someone, through legit methods, no, I never saw anyone cry about it.
  19. nubery

They really do need to add TOW style missile systems to this god damn game. Put some ******* skill into the game and stop dumbing it down for brainless people.

I miss at4 sniping aircraft so ******* much. These brainless lock on systems are beyond boring. Give me the option of high-risk-high-reward.

Flying isn't hard in this game, I got tired of it really fast. Rocket pods are a boring spammy mechanic, not a thing fun about them. Why can't we have dumb drop bombs like BF2? Why isn't there a gunship style helicopter 2 person craft? Agile and mobile. Pilot / gunner teams in BF3 and BF2 were truly fun. Hell even ARMA's are is way more fun than this. The fact is dumbing things down just makes them bland and tiresome.

To you OP and your 'super pilot' buddies tossing around your lulzy KDR. You will probably be done playing this game in a month or so. If you're still playing in half a year then ill bite that you're actually enjoying yourself, but considering you like seeing numbers on your KDR I doubt it.

'LOL you can be serious no one gets bored of owning' If that's the case why aren't you just playing a AI game where you can farm NPCs all day and have the best KD possible? You naturally want a challenge. When your number lust dries up you'll be bored of the brainless air mechanics like the rest of us. Either that or you're the very cancer on the gaming industry that devs try to spoon feed conten to make money thee days.
  20. johnnyzcar

Oh I hope this evens out the ground to air more because if it does I have a burster Max and some rockets that have you fly boys names on them. Hoping the days of you rocket podding everything in a mile radius is looong gone. Ha
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.