[Suggestion] Releasing better weapons every week will kill this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xiphos, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Esxraptor

Being purely nosey... but what is the one thing that you brought? LOL

Before the code ****-up the TR lock on AA rocket actually doubled up as a decent anti tank dumb fire as well... for me :)

Remember.... not a single soul from SOE stands by you with a cosh and makes you open your wallet. YOU do it all by yourself. Blame yourself. I've explained already that broken CAN be fixed.... then complain that you had to wait :)
  2. Xiphos

Note how my post is about what will happen if the current trends continue. If every week some new weapons come out that are slightly better than the previous ones how will the game look like in six months? In a year? If Serpent vs Solstice is any indication, TTK with the newest weapons will be halved in less than a year. I just think this would be extremely bad for the game and want to remind the devs where this approach will lead to.
  3. {joer

Which is why I don't see me playing in six months, which makes me sad as I do really love this game. I'd rather spend $15 a month on a subscription, than $15 a month on new weapons. The reason being is that for $15 a month they can focus on balancing the game, tweeking existing weapons, and content. For $15 for new toys, it means everything is about the new toys.

I also don't want to feel I'm always grinding for certs for these new weapons. I want to play the game, not chase carrots.
  4. Esxraptor

Confession.... I'm old as well... past the mid-way mark anyway

:)

It's a fine line to walk.

Personally... I think that they have released too much, at a indecent rate, too soon. The grind or cert level is far too high in comparison to SC prices. Lower the cert level for Infantry weapons and raise the SC price. It's my opinion only gents !! This view will have loads of people with the completely the opposite view. You'll find easily examples of " we want new stuff every 2 weeks" without raising too much of a sweat.

Stealth nerfs/buffs are ok... because you can refine them very minutely.... hence why I take stat pages with a pinch of salt. They are only current at the moment they were compiled... worthless moments later. Some people live by stats... DPM etc etc ... so be it .. it's OK by me.

I would not be surprised if they are actually tweaked back again on a Server restart. It's the easiest time to pop a small upgrade packet in.
  5. ripster0

I thought I heard (maybe during a FNO stream) that most of these guns were from beta or earlier but were pulled until they could fix some stuff with them? I don't think they're sitting around designing a new batch of guns every couple weeks, they'd see diminishing returns on that anyway.
  6. Chelienor

SURE! We need NEW WEAPONS TO BUY! But the maim exe program cant be maked corectly! BUT PLS GIVE US MORE PIXELS TO BUY!!!!!