AIR IS STILL OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lord Gazgul, Dec 18, 2012.

1. omega4

Which explains why they won't remove them from fighters, even though it's the best, most simple solution to enact.

PS2 isn't about game balance.

It's about making the money, money, money....
  2. xen3000

Well, I kindly disagree. Air superiority is still a highly sought after thing, at least on my server. If my outfit runs into severe air power we have to have at least a few guys on AA, and that is a zero XP duty. AA is about airspace deterrence, if the ESF/Lib gets a salvo off, AA failed its job. So, AA harasses all enemy air forces visible. This is completely ineffective at killing them, but the majority of the enemy air bugs out when damaged so it works. Flyboys concerns over their K/D ratio is why AA works at all, the suicidal pilots can still kill whatever AA they want. A high flying Lib, with direction from a friendly ESF can still attack, and damage unrendered infantry (as far as I can tell). I have experienced this, and the funny thing is that the Lib projectiles didn't even render for me. Only reason it didn't kill my MAX is that they bugged out for repairs and I had a friendly Engie with flak armor.

TL,DR: Air is still plenty strong and important. Your assertions that it is not are unfounded and a bit paranoid. With all due respect, I disagree.
  3. omega4

Different servers, different players, different skill levels and abilities.

The players on my server use ground AA quite effectively at KILLING aircraft, not just simply serving as a deterrent.
  4. xen3000

As you say it, different skill levels. Guess you lucked out at getting the stupid pilots. :p lol. Not gonna play this "skill" argument/game with you, gonna just leave you with the assurance that air is always going to be viable and important in a conflict, even in the bad-old days of beta this was true.

"You have a problem with too many aircraft? Then tell the rest of your team to stop playing "sniper" and pick up an Anti-Air weapon. Problem solved." - omega4

Aren't you glad people listened to you?
  5. Kar98

This just in: Everything is OP.
    And I'm guessing that the OP's supposed 5 aa maxes is 2, and both only had 1 AA cannon
  6. omega4

The bad old days of beta saw no one bothering to fly aircraft.

PS2 is headed back there again.

People STILL aren't picking up AA weapons in large numbers. So the PS2 developer just buffed the ones that ARE being used to compensate for that.
  7. xen3000

Okay, your major complaint about AA-MAXs not rendering is a valid one (and will be fixed if SOE can be trusted at all). I actually think the flak tracers should be more visible (for both MAXs and aircrafts benefit), but air is not going away. Rocket pods are still around, and are not going away. Libs are stupid good at carpet bombing ground and do wonders on a sunderer. AA, in general, only kills pilots doing stupid things like hover spamming or flying too deep into enemy territory. AA killing ESFs should be a normal thing, and expected when pilots do something dangerous (as stated before). True pilots will still fly and make an impact, AA getting better will just weed out the farmers from the pilots. An ESF is an airplane, not a tractor.
  8. Kar98

You'll find 95% of games are about money
  9. alecholman

Obvious troll is obvious.
    • Up x 1
  10. CobraBoss

They need to fix walker for tanks 1st of all that is a bb gun on a tank biggest fps joke ever created.
  11. omega4

That's funny.

Before the most recent patch, aircraft pilots were saying the same thing about aircraft weeding out the farmers from infantry who knew how to take cover from aerial attacks.
  12. omega4

I find that free to play games are 100% about the money.
  13. xen3000

lol! Infantry can only farm infantry. The life expectancy for infantry against vehicles is really low compared to the vehicles against infantry. I can understand it is irritating the same absurd argument (L2P) can now be leveled on a group that bandied it around so much previously. However, I do not think the situation has changed enough to warrant any complaining from pilots. If you hate flak, get armor on your jet and it will be back to the way it was before patch. Armor got a buff, didn't you hear?
  14. Kar98

I just saw your sig, and I think it's the first time I've seen someone quote themselves twice :p
  15. omega4

In case you didn't hear, MAX AA units got a buff even though aircraft pilots are STILL unable to see them.

What was the harm in waiting to fix the rendering problem BEFORE buffing MAX AA units?

I'll be sure to tell all those infantry complaining about aircraft that you said only infantry can farm infantry. I'm sure they'll be pleased to know that. Now, I'll definitely get rocket pods since I can't farm infantry with my fighter.

Armor didn't get a buff. All they did was fix the information presented via the tool tips mouseovers for armor.
  16. omega4

There's a first time for everything.
  17. Leftycakes

This, completely.
  18. xen3000

Please work on your reading comprehension, I was stating there is a limit on what infantry can farm, not what can farm infantry. Your information on the armor, while accurate, is incomplete. The tooltip was updated the week before the update and then the armor was buffed alongside the flak buff. Currently, if you have the armor, flak will be as effective as it was prior to the flak buff. Essentially the flak buff only has an effect if the aircraft it is shooting does not have the armor mounted. Real great "buff" to flak, ain't it? The projectile speed and flak armor buff for infantry had more impact in the air/ground balance than the flak damage buff. I still don't understand why you are crying the sky is falling.

In the end I am agreeing with you that the render issue, which affects mare than just pilots, needs to be fixed. I am just waiting to see how they try to do this before claiming the air game, or anything else, is dead...
  19. Aelloon

Gazgul, are you that BR 53 VS on Miller? If yes then I got to say: you really, REALLY enjoy your Magrider, don't you? Especially the anti infantry version considering how your damage output is rather low for your exp, while your KDR is super high with almost no headshots.

In other words: no ******* **** you will be crying about air considering you only sit in an MBT.
  20. omega4

You're free to play "wait and see".

Others, like myself, can see the "writing on the wall" from a mile a way.