Where the cheaters that a lot of people claim?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Dec 18, 2012.

1. chilly154

I play on 2 servers and since launch I have only saw 1 cheater and I have played for hours on this game every 2 or 3 days. Where are they? I only saw 1 cheater in the beta. I have not seen guy running up to a whole zerg and killing them off?

I think people who claim that cheating is really not cheating he just kicking butt. I'm pretty sure you can find cheaters in youtube but there not a lot of cheaters in this game I think. Every time I play, I play for hours on end, I don't seen none?
  2. powerz

:rolleyes:

in their flying sundis....getting pulled by 8 tiny reindeer.
  3. Kommissar Klose

I think it really does depend greatly on the server you're on. I've heard of one or two on my server, but in play I have been quite fortunate not to see any.

I'm willing to bet the heavy cheater population are on some of the larger/more popular servers (e.g. not Jaeger).
  4. Haterade

There are a few cheaters out there, but SOE is doing a good job getting rid of most of them. Most of the whining comes down to people thinking they're better than they really are. Clearly there's no way that guy killed me; I'm the best! Must be a hacker.

Most of the ones I've seen are very obvious with speedhacks and aimbots. There's also some dude running around in flying ground vehicles. But, honestly, it hasn't effected my gameplay all that much.
  5. SinerAthin

Some people could also be using really subtle hacks to gain them small advantages that are not so easy to notice in battle.

Basically, it'd be hard for you to tell if you lost due to server latency, bugs or if it was an actual cheater.
  6. Morpholine

My outfit and I have come across one definite aimbot user so far, and a small handful of probable-exploit-abusers (LA with Max unit health, invulnerable vehicles, terrain glitches).

We report them and move on.

Anyone expecting any game to be 100% hack, cheat, and exploit free needs to lay off smoking their running shorts and get a dose of reality.
  7. Malsvir Vishe

So far, I have not seen a SINGLE cheater on the US West server I'm on. I think it definitely depends on the server.
  8. Mishkel

If you don't see any cheaters then count yourself lucky or you just really aren't paying attention. Its the little things like someone that has 360 degree awareness to instantly headshot anyone within say 200 meters. If a sniper shoots at me with a supressor I might have an idea where they fired from... The odds of me spinning around and instantly headshotting them at 400m with my SAW is about non existant.

I've definitely seen quite a few players with these leet skills.

Tonight we had a battle at The Crown and someone yelled out something about all the aimbots.. and yes it was stupidly obvious that a lot of people were using an aimbot... what's the point.

So as I say.. if your server is somehow clean.. be happy.

*edit* prior to that paticular battle tho, there was nothing out of the ordinary going on that I saw (besides lag). So if I had logged out before that fight then I could say I hadn't seen any today.
  9. smokemaker

They are out there, but i do not believe its as bad as the forums lead one to think they are... You want a cheat fest go play BF 3.
  10. FelixG

Just last night I encountered one on Mattherson who had glitched into one of the walls and was using it to camp a point, killing anyone who came to resecure it at the Crown
  11. HadesR

I think people who exploit are more wide spread than people who use cheats .. Ie: Such as the repair bug
  12. CobraBoss

They use semi auto sniper from a mile away and never miss , how can you see them your dead.
  13. Suien Reizo

Last night I bore witness to one of the most blatant aimbots I've had the dis/pleasure of being around, earlier in the evening I witnessed a flying Magrider, someone who was clipping through terrain to kill enemies within spawn points with a carbine (no c4), and a speed hacker sidestepping faster than infantry can sprint.
  14. Limabean

Here is one
  15. powerz

the magrinder must handle really well in the air, it seems to be the hackers flying armor of choice.
  16. Sahara6

HAHA that video is funny, first time I've seen a flying tank. Least he was insignificant.
  17. Cevera

BR 51 and no obvious hacker so far

EU - Woodman
  18. Recca

I ran across a lot of cheaters on Connery. Lot of cheaters just don't go out and blatantly cheat.

For example, using an aimbot, they don't have to set the aimbot to aim at your head.

Radar hack, wall hack, speed hack.

You gotta realized all hacks can be tweaked to be really subtle.

Not to mention you can turn the hacks on and off. I saw one guy turn it on and just mowed down 6+ people while spraying and praying. Met the same guy later that night and he was missing every shot.
  19. iller

Not some people, most people. Well... among those who use them.

They pretty much HAVE TO since the Cert Grind in this game takes so long and going back to square one on a new account would hurt like the dickens. Straight up rage-hacking just results in tons of "normal people" who barely know anything about hack reporting you which is something SOE can't ignore.

The OP's problem is they've never used subtle hacks so they don't know what they look like.
    ...actually that's MOST people's problems. It's even a lot of GM's/Admin's problems unless they're required to study them as part of their on-the-job Training. You wouldn't believe how many people there are out there who in-turn don't believe that it's possible to make a hack that does specific subtle/finesse skill based actions automatically.... until you create it yourself and then show them with private youtube videos (as I have to do in the past). I'm talking about things that don't even have to inject directly into the game DLL's BTW.
  20. Ryloxx

Mattherson was pretty bad last week, I was seeing at least a handful of hackers every single day. Over the weekend and including today I have maybe seen one obvious hacker.

Doesn't mean there aren't clever hackers but it's already a good sign.