Medics not healing other medics?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by NullPointer, Dec 17, 2012.

1. NullPointer

It seems to me there is an increasing tendency for medics to not heal or rez other medics. Has anyone else noticed this? There has been such a proliferation of medics that I suspect we are all competing with one another for that lucrative rez XP and by not healing or rezzing other medics they feel they are reducing the competition. If so, this seems like a good argument to reduce the amount of XP rezs reward. And I am saying this as a medic just by the way.

When there are too many medics "working" the same group of non-medics I just go full-on combat even though I have a maxed medic tool and I see that most of the other medics do not. That's my solution. But the real problem I think is too many people go medic for the XP that can be "farmed". If this is a valid observation then reducing the XP rewards seem both justified and effectual.
  2. Warskull

Lowering the res reward would punish legitimate medics though. Something should be done about the level one healgun warriors, they do piss me off. A lot of the time I don't even accept reses from other medics because I hate being brought up at a sliver of health..

Maybe have the most powerful heal gun override the weaker ones. Sure, people would whine, but who doesn't hate accepting a res and immediately dying because you accept one from some slacker. Or at least let people see what level of heal gun is resing them.
  3. NullPointer

I agree all those low level rez guns are annoying and more and more people are not accepting rezs because of them. Instead of "overriding" I am more in favour of just letting the rez recipient know what % health they will be rezed with and let them choose. That way low level medics will get less XP (and hopefully will focus more on healing instead) and people like me who rez to 100% will have fewer rezes denied because the recipient is afraid of being at a health penalty.
  4. Zoner

A lot of (bad) medics die in idiotic locations trying to res non-medics who also died in idiotic locations. Neither are worth resing. And a lot of times you need to help with the shooting to advance enough to res the people who are dead and in front of the line (and half of them aren't very patient except in platoons).

I kind of wish spawning anywhere outside of the warpgate took longer and cost 10 inf resources or something.
  5. nocte

if anything i rez medics 1st.

The quicker everyone is up the quicker we take a base.
  6. Jac70

Yeah, I rez medics as a priority, that way if I get killed there is someone around to rez me. Usually I won't bother healing them though as they can just use their nano-regen suit. Unless they ask or are very low on health.
  7. Haterade

I'll resurrect another medic first if he has a good medical applicator. If I notice the medic next to me is a nub who refused to upgrade his applicator (usually because he wrongly believes he'll get more exp that way), I'll revive everyone else and then think about reviving him. It's not because I get more experience since I won't be competing for revives; it's because he's hurting his team. I have the quicker, better revives. By enabling him to revive some dude to 20-50% health, I'm hurting my team.

Until they fix the revive mechanics so that medics with good applicators can use them over nubs who refuse to upgrade their applicator, I'm going to revive the nub medic last. It's what's best for the team.
  8. Saydian

I always try to rez another medic when I see them down except if their in a location that would also get em killed of course. however, I don't heal other medics. That's what their "F" ability is for.
  9. guax

rez sure, heal no you have "f" just for these moments.
  10. SDD

They're far too rewarded as is for a task that takes about 5 seconds. Bring the average exp from healing to in line with running around healing friendly vehicles, or AMS respawns. Maybe staple the bigger reward to reviving a max, since they actually cost resources. Infantry revives give far too much exp (compared to a kill or base capture) at current though.