Honestly.... use the terrain...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Madiadk, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Madiadk

the amount of .................................................................................

every time i kill someone, i really do think what where going through there mind,

when they step up to get shot... ofcorse you will get punished by me for just standing there with a big target plate
    on your chest

also people who run around as headless chickens.... it pounders my mind :l

people who dont stand on the capture point so you get xp faster.. nono when that enemy pock his head out of spawn room HE IS GONNA GET IT... Right... instead of standing on capture point an actually getting a real fight with him.. an actually letting him run more times to you than he had if you where not camping the spawnroom...

If u are heavy assault vs a tank.. find a ridge that goes down hill because of the splash damage.. on an open terrain wihtout ridges? WHAT the hell are u doing there if your not an infiltrator or light assault with c4?

so what i want out of this post is...... the amount of times i take u guys with your pants down.. i really want to lower it.. THINK ! use your mind !...

an then thers the lack of team work... it seems like its all for them self at the moment all are selfish whers the team spirit ?....

sincerely a now br62.
  2. Hodo

Most people dont think with a military mind. I can remember my times training cadets and new recruits while in the Army and I think back on them and go, WTF was he thinking?!

I continue to kill people who make the same mistake over and over again. Sometimes I will make mistakes either due to lag or not paying attention, or just screwing around. Like when I chucked a flashbang into a room with a bunch of NC, and ran in after it so we all were blind. I started yelling OMG ITS SO BRIGHT! One of them threw a grenade and killed EVERYONE in the room including me.

Most of the players online are individuals not team players. This is the state of the current generation of gamers/kids all about ME.
    • Up x 2
  3. Iron Savior

Ow..... my intelligence....
  4. {joer

Shhhhh, if people figure this out my K/D ratio will plummet and I already play semi-suicidal to start with!
  5. vampwood

What terrain? Theres very few areas and environments that give infantry an advantage over vehicles. If thats what you're talking about, not sure.
    • Up x 1
  6. Gunhazard

This is why I laugh at the majority of the "x is OP" and "y needs a buff" threads. Most players are idiots who think that the only way to play an FPS is some CoD run & gun crap, then moan when they keep getting out-gunned because they'd rather have the problem solved for them than actually learn how to play differently.

You're a funny dude.
  7. omega4

Most PS2 players are casual gamers.

They're not here to think. They're here to have fun.

That's why most players don't fly aircraft and want to see them nerfed or removed from PS2 outright.
    • Up x 1
  8. DankFist

It's funny because he's right. Have you ever seen a tank crawl it's way up a hill that only a LA should be able to get up? I have. And when there are no hills, you get flat terrain with practically no cover. No bunkers, no tank traps no tank pits If there wasn't rendering issues it'd be a smorgasbord for infiltrators.

Now, that's not to say some people aren't a little... green but telling people to use the terrain when there is a lack of usable terrain in most areas is just silly.
  9. Hodo

I am a casual player but I enjoy thinking. War is a thinking mans game, if you dont think your a target.
  10. Fear The Amish

ugh you people hurt my head (not OP the people talking about terrain like it doesn't matter). He is refering to moving along the military crest of a hill so you don't skylight yourself. Or using depressions to move unseen. Or heavy cover and depressions to get to the flank or rear. Or running from cover to cover while putting down suppressive fire. Before you etner a building make sure you always enter from the side that is least expected. Things like this cause you to increase you K/D expotentially as well as your fun. Also when you start entering buildings with a military mentality you can do some crazy stuff, EX. chuck a flashbang/gernade through front door and then shoot through a window, or just run around to back door and shoot them in the back while they are waiting for you at the front.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gunhazard

And running around in open terrain with no cover then expecting to survive is just stupid. Infantry aren't meant to just fight anywhere regardless of conditions. Not in planetside 2, not in real life. What do you think things like APCs even exist for in the first place? What are Flashes for?
    • Up x 1
  12. Talizzar

I have seen tanks climb up hills that infantry can't. This is wrong. I can understand not wanting infantry to be able to get or go everywhere.

Infantry can't really hide, we can't go prone. You have to spend a bunch of cash to get camo to fit with the terrain or else you stick out, unless of course you are Vanu which blend in nicely to most surroundings.
  13. omega4

You are the exception to the rule.
  14. DankFist

The way Ps2 has them designed? Transportation. Unless you're in an organized outfit or that rare-gem squad that works well together, that's all they're used for. And I never said they should expect to live in open areas. I merely commented on the fact that the OP said we should use terrain to avoid any troublesome situations by saying "What Terrain" Obviously there are some good spots in the chasms and mountainous areas. However there is a surprising lack of cover near bases as one would assume there would be and if it weren't for the rendering issues, there would be a lot more infiltrators and Libs bombarding you from a distance.
  15. Iksniljiksul

It's called lag.

I am completely unable to out maneuver anyone with a good frame rates. My client always tells me I have been shot two or three times, as in I only hear two or three bullets hit me, before I die in under a second. My client also tells me that twenty or thirty rounds of registered hits from my weapon only takes four points off of the other person's armor. My client does not feel the need to always render players before they kill me. So in my world I am constantly killed by invisible players shooting three bullets at me while I need at least two full clips to kill anyone.

When I do get good frame rates none of this happens and the game is as it should be.
  16. Gavyne

The OP is right, it's easy to use terrain to avoid getting shot in the face. Try using the tanks and see how easy it is to shoot at someone when your gun is aimed upwards or if you are on a slope or elevation of any kind. A tank has to back up enough in order to aim down, that's the time you need to get out of dodge. Sometimes being near a tank is better than being away. This is how I C4 so many vehicles.

And please for crying out loud, if you see a heavy assault sneaking up to a tank, don't run next to him and start firing rockets and give his position away. A well planted C4 will blow up a tank much faster than that dumbfire rocket you just shot to the front of the tank where its armor is the heaviest.

For those saying "what terrain?", well you are who OP is referring to. There are terrain, not just environment but also building structures. Running out in the open is a risk, it's how people die and promptly logon to the forums to complain about it.
  17. nukularZ

Even then you can just get Q-spam spotted.
  18. SinerAthin

That's because they get their experience from FPS games and action movies.

- Everyone run solo!
    - Butt-räpe shift to sprint!
    - Time spent thinking or communicating is wasted when you could be shooting instead!

And well... even Planetside 2's own trailer pretty much says "spamz and rambo >> Tactics and teamwork"
  19. Gunhazard

Exactly. Transportation. Infantry aren't meant to cross substantial open ground on foot. APCs exist to ferry troops around quickly and safely. You use stuff like a Flash or a Sunderer to get where you need to go if you can't exploit the terrain - which is rare, by the way. Nearly any area has bushes, crags, rocks, trenches and hills to take advantage of. And that's outside of the bases, where you have enough terrain that no player has any right to complain about.
  20. ripster0

While these are good tips, they also show the problem. Anyone can jump in a tank and be effective in almost all situations, but not everyone can switch to the right infantry role to meaningfully help counter a tank rush. Not only do most players not have the certs spent to unlock the counters, but as the OP points out those counters aren't always useful in all situations. Joining in a tank rush is much easier to follow suit on than the other side knowing who is covering all the different roles.

The problem isn't that there is not a logical counter to what people see as issues with balance, but that the path of least resistance to farming XP seems to go through piloting vehicles. When you have hundreds of people making individual choices at any given moment you will eventually have patterns emerge. It might not be vehicles that are the problems, but if the patterns are not leading to an enjoyable game for the majority of players then you have to change the game to match the behaviour.