Ever feel like you are playing a different game than some people?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Dec 18, 2012.

1. {joer

I'm beginning to wonder if I live in a parallel universe and I share a forum with people from another universe where planetside is different. (Note for literal people, I don't really think this)

In my universe, air in planetside is only an issue while getting camped from ground and from air. Otherwise its not a factor and easy to fight off. I've died once to rocket pods at BR 28, and it was my fault for not looking up after spawning and being spawn camped by mag riders.

In my universe the only really out of wack, completely overpowered unit is the NC AI max, but outside of a few "oh come on!" insta gibs it doesn't ruin my game.

In my universe tank mines are not a major factor, and the few (1) times I've seen someone try to suicide bomb a defended sunderer with them, I'm more impressed than mad.

In my universe mag riders are sightly better than they should be compared to other MBT's but I've killed more than I've been killed by.

In my universe hackers are not ruining the game and "everywhere".

I'm feeling sorry for you people living in that other universe where planetside is a horribly unbalanced game full of hackers as well. In my universe its over all pretty well balanced (could use a few slight tweeks), and a lot of fun. We also have cookies.
    • Up x 18
  2. Tipsy McStagger

I'm playing the same game as you. It would seem what we have in common is we do not have an unhealthy addiction to tissues.
    • Up x 1
  3. CronN

Sounds like you live in a world of your own ;)
  4. Nazzier2

I agree game is very fun. I have had a blast and have a lot of confidence in the devs to improve it further.
    • Up x 2
  5. omega4

Different PS2 player experiences are attributable to different servers where the quality of players, numbers of players, etc. all vary.

The PS2 forums are filled with players who aren't very skilled and complain about things that they've never used and have no perspective on.

One example is how players complain about fighter aircraft yet have never extensively used such aircraft in the first place.

6. maxkeiser

Yes, this is basically my experience.

Not sure if Woodman EU is just a better server or not but I'm loving the game and haven't seen 90% of the problems other people are complaining about.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mordrake

I'm playing in your universe too, but I'm NC not TR. I enjoy the game throughly but I'm far away from home and can't play now... but I'll fix that in a matter of days.

Meanwhile I can only play Forumside 2 with trolls, flammers, quitters and other interweb-related forms of life.

Playing in Woodman btw.
  8. MarlboroMan-E

Every time I log into these garbage forums I have the same feeling you do. Good post.
    • Up x 1
  9. maxkeiser

I think one of the 'issues' may be that PS2 is just not a forgiving game or a game for inexperienced players.

I'm coming from a 20yr period of playing FPS games. I understand instinctively things like movement, weapon use, terrain use, tactics etc etc because I've DONE IT ALL BEFORE - millions of times.

For people who are new to the genre it must be tough.
    • Up x 1
  10. SenEvason

Only when reading the forums.
  11. Talizzar

What is to forgive? You die, you respawn and do it again. You don' t lose anything unless you were in a tank or plane, etc.
  12. roeloftjerk

I think it may be because i also have none of these issues.
  13. DiscetoPT

In this universe everyone who kills you is immediatly a hacker or is using overpowered weapons. It's always been like this and it will always will.
  14. Exaar

Agree with the OP. I find that many, many of the things people complain about on these forums as if they are a huge issue are barely there in my Planetside experience, which is getting pretty hefty at 118 hours played according to Steam.

Have I been rocket-podded by air? Yes I have. Have I seen hackers? A few. Have I been blown up by tanks helplessly as an infantry? Sure. But none of those things have happened to me often enough or repeatedly enough to actually make me think the game is flawed or its a real problem. At the time I might go "Oh, c'mon!" but 10 seconds later I'm back into the game, and these incidents are far enough apart that it doesn't hurt my experience.

I think a lot of these complaints are from people who can't stand to lose ever, and get killed in an 'unfair' way once or twice and decide the game is a piece of garbage because of it.
    • Up x 1
  15. TomManiac

I'm in the same universe as the OP.
    Most of the times I play I'm having a great time. Thanks SOE !!!

No idea what everybody here is whining about all the time....
    • Up x 1
  16. VoidMagic

I live in the OP's world. I have no idea where these nublets gather from, it's like they found their way here from another game. The game is a blast, infantry fighting is ever present with vehicles side by side... I could nitpick but in general the games a blast. /shrug

I guess thats cause I like Planetside... Im not here trying to make it into a game it isn't... I actually love Planetside.
    • Up x 1
  17. pnkdth

Miller is usually a good place to be. I've seen players cheating at an increased frequencey, apparently making no effort to hide it. That said, claiming it is everywhere is nonesense. It is just infuriating when it happends, thus the experience sticks with you.

Currently, I like where the game is at. Obviously there is stuff that needs fixing but I always expect growing pains from MMOs to last at very least a month or two. Or to put it this way, I wouldn't have a BR39 VS, BR20 NC, and BR10 TR, if I didn't enjoy this game. Would probably be a lot higher in rank if I played more in tanks or air.
    • Up x 1
  18. MrK

All nice and dandy, but having tons of over-whines over various issues doesn't mean the game is perfect and nothing should be changed ever. Let's not go into a merry dance of wonderful Planetside 2 place where everything is so fine. Because there are issues, and if we see a population drop tendency, maybe that's indicative of something.
    Ofc, time will tell.
    But the "all is fine, L2P noob" (answer which is in contest for dumbest answer ever, sometimes) crew will perhaps dearly regret not pointing out some issues after the noobs they critic leave for other area making this game nothing special, because what makes this game special is that the noobs you critic are playing it. Without numbers, PS2 is nothing.

We love the game. We want it to succeed. If that means pointing out flaws, then so be it.
    • Up x 1
  19. Wibin

I can agree with this stuff.
    The tanks all seem balanced to me though.

The prowler could use a dash of armor to set it apart from the magrider though, the mag is supposed to have the thin armor.

Infantry battles seem balanced, air seems balanced.
    things seem counter-able like they should be.

Some things seem overpowered like they should be.

I'd like a bit more damage from the lasher still, but at least its playable now. I had fun with it last night.

I think the forum is just full of poor players whining about how they cannot be walking death machines because they suck.
  20. Wibin

The game as a whole when it comes to players is great so far.

The game when it comes to bases, maps and stuff like that is where I'd really like to see more time spent.

Variety in some bases, more spice to captures and stuff.

You have epic battles like the Crown and Esamir tech lab. But other places are like a steam roller no matter if your zerging or not.
    • Up x 1