How come Snipe Rifles dont have INVR or THERM scopes?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TribbleFluffer, Dec 17, 2012.

1. TribbleFluffer

It makes the long range night ops or bad weather ops really difficult to see them, i have to constantly press q when im trying to tag my targets just to find them :(
    I remeber at one point during beta there was thermal scopes...what happened to them? Does anyone know?
  2. Gheeta

They range of the irnv scopes got nerfed hard making them useless for sniper rifles.
    • Up x 1
  3. TribbleFluffer

humm. guess that makes sense...i dono why i didnt think of that answer XD i was a beta....total derp moment!..well darn, they should implement some form of night tech for the rifles, even if it includes like static hash across the view when zoomed or somthing.
  4. gunshooter

do you really need to ask this question
  5. Faithwolf

I can see why IRNV is not around, but I see no reason why there isnt an option for NV.
  6. Rigsta

Well, they want night-vision to be close range. I can kind of see the sense in it, but I'd love to see 6x or 8x IR scopes for INf, just to give it another intelligence tool.
  7. TribbleFluffer

like i said above your post, i derped.
  8. gunshooter

Well I was talking more along the lines of snipers with perfect vision being really overpowered.
  9. exLupo

Back in beta, before the IRNV range nerf, snipers could use them. Letting OHK rifles have a high-contrast "HEAD IS HERE SHOOT SHOOT" view was siiiick. Tons of fun but way OP. I understand the reason for the range nerf and sniper exclusion.
  10. Xandax

Would make us OP .... hmm, I want :D
  11. RenK

Maybe they should give us flares or something we can fire at an area to light up an area. I understand the reasoning behind us not getting NV/IR, but it sucks being a long range class and not being able to see in the dark in some form. Flares at least would let us do something in the dark.
  12. BrB Stove Exploded

You can use NV scopes on the Scout Rifles and only the Scout Rifles.

Its also the only scope on said rifles other than the x6(which is awful for them), that does not fade the crosshairs when you invis. Making it the best scope to use for the Semi Auto Scout Rifle.

The other x4/x3/x2/x1 scopes red dot or cross hair will fade with your invis while using these weapons, same with the SAS-R(NC fast reload bolt, medium range), this makes lining up for head shots while invis next to impossible.
  13. Sparks

I'm still annoyed that they moved away from the first incarnation of NV scopes we had in beta that was perfect imo (if you don't know it'd show mostly green/blackish blur with both friendly and enemy people lighting up yellowish). But then the community started crying about enemies not being visible enough and that they couldn't see if he was friend or foe, you actually had to think before you pulled the trigger.

Thinking is hard for gamers nowadays...........

-1 for all of you who wanted to move away from it look what we have now :(.
  14. TribbleFluffer

lol, and a couple of posts before that one, i said, "even if they added static hash to the view when scoped" so, not perfect, but just enough to identify another human being. heck id be happy with a "Spotters Monoculer" like the sensor tool you equip it and it acts like binoculars or something, cant shoot just spot and observe
    • Up x 1