Picking up dropped mines.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Chopper911, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Chopper911

I really, really hope that eventually we can pick up mines we have placed, there is nothing worse then placing a mine that is no longer needed then having to waste the 75 resources to get another one instead of simply picking the old one up again
  2. Uzii

I'd like to see the same for C4. Incredibly annoying, and 100 resources.
  3. Prudentia

Yes would be a good thing, what happens if you see a LA flying on a sudnerer placing C4 and after that you manage to kill him, well... byebye sunderer. Without a way to defuse mines and C4 without blowing it up, things like this happen to often. In the last days i blew 15 sunderers with my AT mines up 4 were teamkills cause i said my airsupport that they could fire and ignore me standing next to it to get the sunderer as fast as possible down, because i didn't knew that they blow up by themself after a few seconds, 2 gave me the kill credit and the 9 other were by getting shot by an HA with his rocketlauncher that blew up his own sunderer ;D
    i don't think this is fair, yes i just ran past the whole Zerg, stood next to the sunderer for a few seconds o place the mines, certed them, paied rez for them, but what if the enemys saw me a second to late and then they have explosives at the sunderer, if they notice them they should be able to get rid of them without blowing up their own spawnpoint
  4. Bubblewrap2

I would accept this, if there was a slow Defuse mechanic that gave a random (low) chance for it to blow up in your face!

You're responsible for your placement of these powerful tools, that's why I do not think having a pick up option should exist or if it does, be without chance of serious consequences.

Instead, my personal preference to manage these expensive things is to have a "live" mine count indicator.
    • Up x 2
  5. Gearlock

I love the AV mines but, I still agree that they are powerful enough that they shouldn't be able to be picked up and dropped again.

The good news is if you die and end up across the battle at a different spawn point as a different class it stays (not sure how far away you can be but w/e)

So as long as you arent dropping mines during a pain train where you spend 5 mins per base, simply choose wisely, and hope it will pay off.

Being able to pick em up an replace them just seems... ehhhh, I don't think it's necessary.

It keeps people from just spamming them, which is the only thing keeping them balanced; theyre sparse.
  6. silverme

yes I can see how picking up mines would lead to spam. I mean instead of having to wait for hostile tanks to show up, I could just mine all the approaches to all the bases with my 2 mines and not have to worry about wasting 75 resources because they went around, or because we pushed them back before they could hit the mines, or because they just didn't show up.
    clearly not having to pay for unused mines will lead to spam.

seriously I would accept just having the "live" mine count indicator.
  7. Udnknome

You can disarm enemy mines/C4 with your repair tool.

"Back to Topic"
    Agreed, annoying. But I kinda like getting kills off of abandoned BBs, though I would rather save the resources.
  8. blaze32

you could have it so that there is a 30 sec timer before you could pick them back up to cut some spaming
  9. Lee

A live indicator would help a lot to keep track on the mines you've deployed, if they've killed someone, if some blew them up, or if they've been deconstructed for X or Y reason.
  10. Ashur

Would be nice, make it take 10 seconds for all I care, just let me pick up the mines after I'm positive no one will be around that base for at least half an hour or more.
  11. 4GibMe

It's ok for the H/A to spam their rockets, it's ok for the LIbs to farm certs from soft targets with their Zerffer, it's ok for tanks to spam control points, etc, etc. But as soon as I want to pickup and redeploy my mines, it's considered spamming, and soon as I want to reload my Nade launcher from an ammo pack, it's considered spamming,,,,,

What......Ever.