(!) Not a way to treat European customers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frostbitten, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cull58

Entitled to the same benefits as everyone else and not discriminated against simply down to whether I downloaded through steam or the website directly? Sure.
    As I said before if this was the other way around and North America were the ones missing out on such things then the forums would be in uproar.
  2. ArcaneGuardian

So, you're saying because SOE gave the promotion, at their discretion, in the holiday season. That means if Pro7 doesn't, they're never, ever going to around an EU holiday schedule or at any other time?

Fallacy detected!
    • Up x 1
  3. Mansen

4. Pappag

I played planetside 1, got an invite to play as a veteran player. Tried to register, was redirected to PSG. Dident get any of the perks, then the US players on my server get to take part of offers i dont. People i play with get more stuff than me,,,,, how is that fair play? So now i have to cheat your webpage to make an american account to play on even terms with my friends. Smooth...
  5. ArcaneGuardian

Is it also unfair that I get my copy of a US game for $60 while yours costs $80? (Us equivalent). Prices are different. Companies are different. Promotions are different.

Will it be unfair when you get a promotion when we do not?
  6. Cull58

SOE have had multiple promotions. PSG none.

By your logic they could give us a 2x SC offer somepoint in the far future, compared to SOE's ten offers in the same period and all would be fair and dandy?
    This is SOEs game, Europeans just want to be treated equally to our North American counterparts. We are all customers, many of us paying ones. How long do you think people will put up with this? Going to maintain a ten year game on a conintent you have treated like lesser mortals?
    Right.
    It is not just the promotions, it is PSGs general substandard service in every aspect. Their forums are subpar (and obviously not frequented by devs or anyone who has any influence on the game whatsoever), has less security for accounts and obviously do not care whether customers get the same treatment as other members of the game community.
  7. Cull58

When it amounts to more than you have gotten without our taking part, sure. Absolutely. Everyone should recieve the same service and deals for the same game.
  8. Mansen

Only american addresses, beta players and owners of the Alpha Squad Package are applicable for SOE accounts. The fact that you played Planteside 1 means that you had/have an SOE account already - sounds entirely like a question of not bothering to contact support when given the PSG redirect "error".

And FYI - You ARE playing on equal terms regardless of whether you have an SOE or a PSG account. The gameplay (and servers) is entirely run and administrated by SOE. It is only the account and currency systems that are split up.
  9. ArcaneGuardian

Then go talk to Pro7. They're the company that own the rights to the game. If you feel unfairly treated, it's them (not us) you should be complaining to.

But it's irrelevant. The game has been out for less than a month. Pro7 could give a promotion that day too. They could give one on the first of January. They could give one anytime that SOE doesn't give one. Just because SOE got one first, that makes it unfair to you?

And is it also unfair when games get launched here first? (Or as I said to the other guy - is it unfair that games cost more because of taxes where you live?)
    • Up x 1
  10. Cull58

I am talking to both, but shock horror there is no support at pro7. Understand?
    And I am not complaining to you dude, I am talking to support staff. You came in and stuck your oar in, if you do not wish to hear it then leave the thread.
    SOE pawn it off onto Pro7, Pro7 ignores everyone. Shall I shutut about it then? No.
  11. Mansen

You're STILL doing it in the wrong place - This is not PSG's forums. They do not hear anything you write here.
  12. Cull58

No but SOE does. Even on pro7's website there is a big shiny SOE badge in the corner.
    They created the system, they are ultimately responsible for the actions of Pro7.

Lets say you have a Mcdonalds in your country.
    But there's not one run by one company, and the other ones in other countries (aka comparing your country MC to US MC).
    You get a MC run in your country by firm X (PSG) on franchise, but at the same time US MC (SOE) runs their version of MCdonald, on the same street or even in the same building.

Thing is US MC gives you better promotions in the same building, but you need to show them your Citizenship card, or just ask them to make you a special client card so that you too can enjoy the superior quality of service.
    Even though its the same building, same menu, the US MC gives you 2-3 times biggers burgers and endless cola for free. While your country MC management gives you the basic stuff, and tells you that they will make some *special* mac's in the future *maybe*.
    Pro7 works for SOE.
    Some of us merely want an account transfer but both parties say this is not possible because they cannot be bothered to swap everything over.
    Their response is "we have your money, if you want an SOE account simply create one and pay us again"
  13. Atheos1337

Who gets the 3+ and who dont gets it?

I installed the game from the site, cuase i know steam ****** up alot of games.
  14. Cull58

If you downloaded it straight from the site then I don't think you get the deal. Steam apparently do. Good eh?
  15. Atheos1337

My bills says SOE london.
  16. Cull58

Were you in the beta?
  17. Atheos1337

No i wasent in the beta,
    But if it isent for all ppl then they need to say so.
  18. GamerOS

I suggest anyone who currently has a pro-sieben-seben account to jump ship before it's to late.
    Cancel your subscription with them, delete your character.

Then use a US proxy to make an account at SOE, remake your characters and don't look back.

Pro-7 has some amazing guys trying to help, but they can't do much without the approval of those higher up the chain of command, and those are quite satisfied with the current state of affairs.

Thank the lords they didn't make all European SOE accounts Pro-7 by default and transfer those over that weren't.
    I've had enough of their customer service for a life time.
  19. poc1

You can go on about whos entitled or not entitled to what but it doesn't really matter, the reality is we are entitled to spend our money as we want to. Finding out you've randomly been charged 3x the amount of money for the same things other people have got simply because you signed up through the 'wrong' system will put a pretty sour taste in your mouth.

Imagine three shops, two called 'Asda' and one called tesco. You go into asda and buy a pint of milk for £3, then the guy outside tells you he bought his for £1, and that you 'went into the wrong asda'... which shop would you go into tomorrow? You'll make a point of shopping in tesco so long as you want milk, because asda screwed you.
    People can tell you that the milk was worth £3 to you so dont complain, that the 'wrong' asda didn't have the special offer on that day, that asda is a franchise and different asdas have different prices, all of which are true... doesn't change the fact you feel asda screwed you and you wont shop there again.

This is even more the case when myself and I'm sure a lot of others made our cash shop purchases partly because we wanted the items, but also because we wanted to give back to the company who gave us a free game. Free to play model requires a certain amount of goodwill between customers and the game company, hence why promotions are so useful and the community involvement so vital.

This current model of randomly screwing people is undermining that good will.
  20. Nephera

Being in Europe (And australia) pretty much sucks if you like videogames.

Thats what i took away from this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.