[BUG] My god, anyone else's game locking up?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by fastdak255, Dec 17, 2012.

1. fastdak255

Since the patch i'm getting 1-2 lock ups a day. Absolutely irritating as well to be in the middle of a dog fight, then my game just freezes and i have to ctrl+alt+del to get the task man up to shut down the game. Fix this ****!
    • Up x 3
  2. AuntLou42

Yep getting the same thing.
  3. Mietz

4. Azurewind

When I'm on teamspeak, it seems like when one person in an area crashes in this way, almost assuredly many others do as well at the same time.

If you're one of the unlucky few that doesn't crash, you get to read the chat get flooded with the names of all your fellow outfit mates that just went offline.
    • Up x 1
  5. NoXousX

Lib piloting, everyone crashes together.
  6. NDroid

Yeah, same thing here. Sometimes it locks up completely, other times it triggers the skybox\world-blinking bug and continues to stutter. Also seems to happen to several people in the area at the same time- possibly has to do with trying to load a lot of new data at once such as when entering a busy combat zone.
    • Up x 1
  7. Yazmo

happen to me like 4 time a day too
  8. Lucidius134

9. Klagmire

I get flying around without seeing any enemies or friendlies. I land and get out and my plane disapears. Then everyone is back again. Sometimes It just says im out of bounds when im not and kill me.
  10. Vorpal

Happens to me too. The screen will freeze, the last half second of audio will be looped endlessly, and I'll have to go into the task manager to kill it.
  11. fastdak255

when mine freezes the voice chat still works, at least I can still hear people talking. Just freezes to a screenshot, sometimes a black screen
    • Up x 2
  12. lsp1

I've been getting memory leaks, game crash's and freezes since the release. And this is the only game ever, in my pc's two year's of existence since I built it to completely lock it up and have to do a restart. And yes my spec's meet the requirements. Exceed.
  13. MarlboroMan-E

Since patch, 5 freezes that I could ctrl alt del out of, 1 freeze to hard reboot. Very frustrating, especially the time it happened rolling off the veh pad with my shiny new lightning.
  14. NullPointer

Yes. Happens frequently to me as well. But to be honest it was happening before the patch too. Not sure if it is more frequent now or not.

The other thing that has been happening to me nearly every game session is my screen flickers between normal and a beige color (probably the background layer... I am always on Indar with the rest of the TR lol). If I move it flickers. If I stop and don't move my mouse it freezes on either the normal view or the beige view. Sometimes it will resolve itself if I just stand still and do nothing for a minute or so. Most often I have to shut down the game completely and start it again.
  15. Takoita

Yep, happens to me too several times a day.
  16. fastdak255

you mean this?

17. SerialNumber1221

Flashing glitch was before and after patch, frequency seems the same....

Most annoying crash for me is when fps grind to below ten, screen flashes a bit, then the screen turns pale except or gun and game freezes....news a ctl alt del task man process kill...
  18. NullPointer

YES. EXACTLY. I keep trying to get a screenshot but for whatever reason have not been able to.
  19. Cavadus

Never got this before yesterday's patch but, yes, it's much more frequent than I would like at this point.
  20. Fluff

No flashing glitch is old... the new problem and the OP is quite right about it causes you to be unable to even shut the game down as it is totally hang mode. Like him, I must use the task manager to violently close the game that just will not close any other way.

This happens since patch 1.