Vanu HA Cert help...

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Asan, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Asan

So I am playing a Vanu HA.. and the Orion rifle sucks! What is a good rifle I should get? I want something short-medium range, something like a chain gun maybe?

Anybody got any tips for certs I should pick up ? Any must have certs for HA?
  2. MhORe

Orion is really good, get a x1 red dot sight and a foregrip. Take some shots at a wall from 30m or so and check out how the recoil works, then do it again pulling your mouse down slightly as you fire to counter the recoil.

Spend your certs on your ability slot, NMG or whatever your preference is and your suit slot, nanoweave armor for instance. You can get these to level 3 or 4 relatively cheaply. Also worth taking the first aid or restoration kit (this is a universal slot, so all classes will have access to it) , upgrading to 2 or 3 is handy too.

When you can afford it, unlock a new gun. I recently went for the Flare with x1 red dot, foregrip and soft point ammo. First up it's really handy to have a bigger mag with 75 bullets, plus you get 300 rounds total vs 200 with the Orion.
  3. Stahlibuh

yeah, same for me. I tried the Orion, the SV 88, the Flare and the Flare Composite. After 2 Days and ~4 Hours as HA the Flare is my Choice.

The Certs i spent on the Flare are:
    - 1x Red Dot
    - Foregrip
    - Compressor
    - Softpoint Ammo

With this Setup the gun is Amazing. The 1x Red Dot gives u a very fast and accurate Aiming (for a LMG), you are more deadly with the Softpoint Ammo in Close Combat fights and that is what a HA with LMG is meant for. Mid Range is ok too with this setting and if u have a long range fight simply switch to single shot and kill snipers on longe range ;-)

Other must have Certs for HA are the Medi Kits that restore the full amount of your live. The more u unlock of them, the better.
  4. VKhaun

SV-88 is your close range gun.

It gets unique access to the ADVANCED laser sight, and has softpoint ammo. You can hip fire it at short range like a boss, and at short-medium it does not need recoil help... Put on whatever low magnification scope you like, but you will use it so rarely because hip fire is so good with the advanced laser sight that you may as well just use the slot for IRNV in case you need the night vision for something.

I lol @ people saying foregrips and compensators for short-medium range, and I main NC haha.
  5. Cassidia

The SVA-88 doesnt get the advanced laser sight. I think thats the Polaris.

What makes it still excellent for close range is the 0.75 movement speed modicator when ADS that it shares with the Orion
  6. Trysaeder

The Orion is the best short-medium range LMG available for the VS, so if you're having problems with it, you're out of luck.