Suit Slots for Infils

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Varamis, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Uzii

You make a good point, but in my eyes a stand-up fight in close quarters rarely ends well for an Infiltrator. Either by your target's weapon, or by someone else near by, you end up dead. Using surprise, but maybe taking a few last rounds from your victim, I suppose the Weave might better, or the Shield to help you survive anyone near by who may have heard the commotion.
  2. BigMcLargeHuge

I would use the nade bandolier if the EMP grenades didn't hit me through the wall everyone I tossed them into the next room. (I wonder if that got patched)

But as a infiltrator-infiltrator and not so much a sniper and not wanting to waste boost since I already use proxy mines like mad. I use nano4 atm and will probably upgrade to nano5 soon.
  3. Benevon

Yeah, that's why I use the shield for my CQ loadout. It's mostly a surprise attack set up, and if I do take a hit and not die I want to get my shields back up quickly in case somebody heard it and then I just slam a resto kit into my leg if I lost health. If I don't get the jump, I'm dead. But then again, I stick to mostly sniping myself.
    • Up x 2
  4. Varamis

I couldn't agree more perfectly with this, except I'm running around with my NC Stalker (Fully Auto Scout) with a Silencer, and Silenced Pistol 95% of the time.
  5. Clutcher

I run close quarters, and if you're escaping an engagement you are usually cloaked. In cloak the shield can't recharge but the cooldown decreases so that as soon as your out of cloak it recharges anyway.

Seems pointless to decrease the cooldown. Or does it actually charge faster?
  6. PsyStorm

It just reduces the time it takes to kick in pretty much. I think it's 10 seconds to activate and with fully certed it's about 5 secs.
  7. BrB Stove Exploded

As a long range shooter the theory is ASC will regen shields faster than you will take bullet damage. This is sorta true when maxed when having a long distance engagement with an enemy sniper. For sniper vs sniper fights ASC is worth it.

The nano weave is NOT going to save you from a headshot. So as a long range shooter its meh. Even in close quarters this fully maxed allows you to take 1 more bullet. Not really that big of a difference when guns in this game fire at 800+ RoF.

The flak shield is nice, but if your a long range shooter the only time you should take explosive damage is from a lib with IR flying over you. And no flak wont save you from the lib. So its meh.

Ammo is nice if you find yourself sustaining. Meaning you live a long time and rake in the headshots. Extra ammo is always nice for the long rage guys. Still its only a short run to resupply and the chances you need this 100% of the time in PS2 are low. I dont care how good you are there are 100+ people in an area at times and you will die. Meaning you get more ammo...

Grenade Pouch is the route i took. I play a close quarters Infiltrator. I actually maxed this spending a total of 600 certs(100 for first, 500 for second). Best thing ive invested into save bouncing betties. Having 3 grenades and 2 Bouncing betties makes you a feared opponent in CQC. Explosives for everyone! Though if your a long range shooter this is not the way to go.
  8. iller

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Advanced_Shield_Capacitor
    It's basically insurance against lucky shots and yes it does seem to help from what I've been through using it. It would help a LOT MORE of course if people running overall Graphics level 2 & higher saw the same Cloak effects on us that Lowest settings (1) players see.... but it is what it is. Just like how Nanoweave isn't going to make much of a difference in closer ranges against full auto users since most of our Pistols and Semi-Autos don't inflict the same rate of Flinching that their autos inflict on us.

IE: everywhere we turn, the mechanics are against us. And in the case of the Semiauto-Sniping rifles, it's the ammo consumption apparently. (that doesn't mean bolt actions are at a big advantage though since they leave you even more vulnerable to rushing)
  9. Varamis

I didn't realize the shield couldn't replenish in stealth mode. That's a huge bummer and a massive flaw in my plan. Perhaps I'll go Grenade Belt for CQC then...

I'm already terrified that i'll be starved with Infantry Points from all the C4 i use on my LA, combined with Bouncing Betty and more nades :(