But The Game Already Has A Artillery Mechanic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Qauron, Dec 15, 2012.

1. powerz

really? really? let me see you consistently make kills with a drop pod......then i will start listening and pony up 100 interwebz.
  2. Qauron

Cool bud so you actually think the purpose of drop pods is to kill liberators and its not just some unbalanced side effect and the real purpose is to quickly deploy into the battlefield. Listen up because I can only explain it to those who cant use common sense themselves so many times.

If you got 1 kill from 300 air drops (which blatantly sounds like bull crap or you are terrible at this) and there's about 1000 drop pods coming down (on a full server) from each faction every 30 minutes (beacon drops and global missions combined) averaging about 10 people (or more from passengers inside libs/galaxies) dieing to this crap every 30 minutes then they have to wait for their timer because they got killed by something they had no knowledge about (as in they couldn't see pods coming down on their head, they cant see the beacons and don't know about the enemies global missions) and all the person who killed them had to do was click "Deploy" which costed nothing to them at a convenient moment, if they didn't hit anyone they still get to go on their way. Do I get to magically kill tanks based on some luck factor from just doing something as simple as walking around the battlefield? No, that's stupid, drop pods killing people is stupid and needs to stop.

You might feel comfortable even though you lost more than 1 liberator to a drop pod but do you realize that everyone else has probably lost 1 or more liberators to a drop pod and that its a skill less maneuver that just requires some luck.
  3. Qauron

Ill refer you back to the second paragraph of my second last post. (The post above this one)
    On why I don't need to consistently acquire kills with a drop pod for it to have a large impact.
  4. Aelloon

Actually if you hit a Liberator you will die and the Liberator will lose about 50% of its hp. The pilot of the liberator gets a kill plus a bonus on killing your drop pod.

You probably won't even scratch a Galaxy.
  5. ForceM

I hit a prowler and guess what , nothing happened i just stood on top of it... A pity i had no C4.

No seriously of all
    The annoying things in PS2 this is the one that annoys me least.

Qauron? He is not by accident the one with some 4/5 of his huge amount of kills being headshots as engi, where i heard from a lot if people in this forum this smells cheating?
  6. Jestunhi

In the case of air, it's more about hoping they go into an uncontrollable spin.

ESFs you may be able to tear through though...
  7. Jestunhi

8. ForceM

I didn't want to accuse anyone. I just read someone that complained about cheaters in the leaderboards. The guy had a very similar name... But no offense!
  9. brennon

I haven't seen a ground based vehicle die to a drop pod since beta, I don't think people realize it just hits for about a rocket's worth of damage and kills the occupant generally now. I have gotten death alerts from people trying to pod a sunderer or tank of mine before (including some freakin' allies doing this too!)
  10. Jimmy DeSouza

Does drop podding not always kill you?

I have got a couple of infy kills, 1 tank kill and a couple of lib kills (including one lib that was full of teamkilling teammates, which was funny) by podding but each time I die in the process.
  11. LoneMaverick

You really think this is that big of an issue?

Stop being such a whiner Qauron just because your ESF/Mag got podded or w/e, omg you might have to play infantry instead of spamming rockets or Anti-Inf rounds?

Not only are there alot more things to do than stare at your vehicle timer in this game, there's alot more things that need to be fixed before this laughable "droppodsOP" topic even needs to exist.
  12. Garrix

Do drop pods damage armor anymore? I don't think it kills tanks, seen plenty land on them. Aircraft, sure. Also, the only time i've seen a drop pod kill an enemy is when they dropped on the landing pad for jump pads, and people smacked into the side of the pod before it despawned.
  13. Knoppix

"Cool bud so you actually think the purpose of rocket launchers is to kill vehicles and its not just some unbalanced side effect and the real purpose is to quickly take down the enemy infantry on the battlefield. Listen up because I can only explain it to those who can't use common sense themselves very often.

If you got 1 kill from 4 rockets (which blatantly sounds like bull **** or you are terrible shooting rockets) and there's about 10000 rockets coming down (on a full server) from each faction every 30 minutes (Heavy assaults and ESFs combined) averaging about 100 people (or more from passengers inside libs/galaxies/Sundies) dieing to this **** every 30 minutes then they have to wait for their timer because they got killed by something they had no knowledge about (as in they couldn't see the rockets coming down on their head, they cant see the peoples and the ESFs and the Tanks) and all the person who killed them had to do was click once which costed nothing to them at a convenient moment, if they didn't hit anyone they still get to go on their way. Do I get to magically kill tanks based on some luck factor from just doing something as simple as walking around shooting the battlefield? No, that's stupid, rockets killing vehicles is stupid and needs to stop.

You might feel comfortable even though you lost more than 1 vehicle to a rocket but do you realize that everyone else has probably lost 1 or more vehicles to a rocket and that its a skillless maneuver that just requires some luck."

~~Fixed~~

Also, Quaron, you should try standing under a window or any other elevated positon and let a frined or family member drop a heavy closet on your head. By your logic it shouldn't hurt you at all since it's build for holding stuff, right?

On a different note, Instant aciton has a 15 minute cooldown, dropping on a beacon has 1:40 min, the beacon itself has 5 minutes placement CD. If you drop on anything except for ground or Infantry you DIE (which means you're dead), and the thing you landed on will get a kill and a bonus, and will only die if it's already damaged, even as an ESF. You can actually see Spawn Bacons and eat take them out, nobody really uses global missions and you can only move your drop pod about 15 m in every direction. Furthermore it IS possible to see drop pods since they have the highest rendering distance ingame, you have over 10 seconds to dodge one.
    Likewise, if you drop in your goal is NOT TO DIE since you can only use a drop pod that often and it i way more effective to plant C4 on a tank or shoot some rockets in its back since those things are secure kills which do not involve yourself dieing and therefore give you the opportunity to kill even more stuff.

I really hope you will l2drop-pod one day and stop complaining about a cool feature that can acutally be used creativly and tacticly in more than one way, which we need more of.
  14. Qauron

Actually the damage done to liberators when hit by a drop pod probably varies by either where you where hit or just some random luck but I have being '1 hit KO' recently.
  15. Qauron

I couldn't care about detailed realism and I don't expect a game to be made with a fine detail comparison to real life. The game should have a level of balance which if you looked at the forums lately is being questioned across the entire game. Please don't try quote what I say about a VIDEO GAME (SPOILER ALERT, ITS NOT REAL :O) and compare it to real life. That's just a pure idiotic argument.

The rendering distance for beacons is actually very small less than 50 meters, and usually if you are bombing in a liberator you're probably more than 50m off the ground. If your in a aircraft and constantly facing your aircraft upwards making you probably completely noneffective at whatever else you where trying to do then you could at least try dodge some drop pods. Otherwise you are completely vulnerable because you cannot look directly upwards as aircraft pilot (not even free-view lets you look directly upwards) and depending on exactly how high up your aircraft is you could have less than 2 seconds to dodge incoming drop pods.

But you are wrong drop pods do not have the highest rendering distance in the game, aircraft or more specifically terrain does. If you where trying to drop pod into the battlefield and you got the chance to kill 3 people and a enemy aircraft at the cost of having to re spawn nearby costing you nothing, I think EVERYONE is going to choose to get those free easy kills. The purpose of 'hot dropping' is to get near the front lines instantly, once you deploy it doesn't matter if you die or not you are there and therefor you can now re-spawn near that location so either way you gain off of using the 'hot drop' system at the cost of nothing.

Killing something with C4 or rockets takes a lot more time, effort, and can even cost you resources, 100 infantry resources for 2 C4, and you will die if the tank driver you are trying to kill is anything less that idiotic.
  16. Qauron

There may be other things to do in the game and I personally don't only find enjoyment but the thing is for a lot of the components of this game to be fun they need to be done with friends or with a team of sorts. And what I don't seem get is why people fail to understand how annoying it is when your liberator buddy finally hops into the game to do some bombing with you then you both die to this crap and yea that idea is thrown out the window for (I think its) like 12+ minutes. Sure we could do something else in the game but neither of us wants to and these inconvenience really doesn't feel deserved.

Sure I agree there are bigger more important discussions to be had but none the less this is a (very irritating) problem and not one that many people know about. I feel it safe to assume in the coding side it would very easy to remove the drop pods ability to ruin peoples experiences inside the game so there isn't all that much harm done in this post at least existing.
  17. Murderin

Magrider zerg is better artillery.
    • Up x 1