Joysticks

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by XLander, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Mightylink

I thought joysticks where supported, I see some pilots constantly looping, theres no fing way their doing it with a mouse...
  2. flyin_flea

Some work, some dont. The ones that work only 'kind of' work.....on mine (hotas thrustmaster) the sensitivity is messed up, the throttle doesn't work properly and the free-look is broken......and we hear nothing at all from anybody.
  3. XLander

They work in digital... means when you pull in any direction the assigned key is full press. Also my post isn't about them being half arsed in game. It is about the fact I can't even click the assignment field. Then it is about getting analog plug and play for pitch roll and yaw. After that it is an after thought for other buttons as those can be manually assigned.
  4. XLander

Oh and you can do about ten barrel rolls with a mouse if you keep in mind that the craft can only roll so fast so don't jerk your mouse long slow movement should do the trick.
  5. Dojak

6. Spinkick

I would love to see joysticks properly supported. Look at how BF3 does it. It would also be nice to have windows 8 not crash when a controller is plugged in.
  7. Lethal_Sting

Which POV switch are you using? I have the base model X52 and use the top left PoV on the stick and never had that problem. I just tested it to make sure as well.
  8. Flachzang

I don't know if this helps cuz I don't have a joystick but I use a gamepad to fly. Isn't this technically not an equal issue? If it is, I could recommend the program JoyToKey. With this program many many settings are possible, for example reducing or increasing sensitivity and a lot more.

As I said I don't know if it helps but it's worth a look. That's how I dealt with my sensitivity problems. It's also possible to define the joystick's or gamepad's controls to mouse or keyboard controls. E.g. you set normal mouse or keyboard button controls in the game but you use your joystick to perform them, without ever binding the joystick's controls in the game. So the game actually doesn't need to support joysticks.

This video helped me to understand some features although it's about a sensitivity problem in another game but it's transferable. I hope it's ok to link this video. Otherwise please inform me or just delete it.

9. XLander

It may work I was not to impressed with j2k when I looked at it.. not intuitive. How does it relate the mixed motion of a and d combined with left and right mouse?
  10. Flachzang

Erm...What?? :) I'm sry, I'd really like to answer but I didn't understand that question due to lacking english language skills. Moreover it's soo early in the morning...But I agree with your point that it's really not intuitive.