REMOVE FLINCH MECHANICS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by perspicacious, Dec 14, 2012.

1. perspicacious

Screw realism,

This stuff is ruining the game. It's also reducing skill caps, causing balance issues and being an un-fun pain in the butt.

Suggestion: Get rid of it!
    • Up x 12
  2. Solmyr

Suggestion: don't get hit.

;) j/k
  3. bPostal

stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.
    I know what you mean.
  4. Antivide

I think of it like suppression in BF3:

Higher ROF weapons are better, because you get more chances of getting that stupid mechanic in play on your enemy.
    • Up x 1
  5. Zeekez

I usually don't mind it but I do agree it turns most fights into "he who hits first wins", unless they are horrible
    • Up x 1
  6. Nekryyd

New suggestion:

Leave in bullet flinch, but decrease its effect overall and grade it across the classes:

• MAX : 10% Flinch Effect
    • Heavy Assault : 50% Flinch (justified because of their reinforced armor).
    • Light Assault, Medic, Engineer : 75% Flinch.
    • Infiltrator : 100% Flinch (we wear pajamas).
    • Up x 4
  7. Knight of Fools

I think flinching should only take effect when you get shot in the head.

I mean, if we're super advanced clones from the future, couldn't they just make us impervious to, or at least able to ignore, pain? Getting shot in the head would still jerk you around, because it's your freaking head. Immunity to pain doesn't make you immune to the power of momentum.

Because giving even more people on TR to play Heavy Assault is just what we need.
  8. Phyr

Is that not how it should work?
    • Up x 2
  9. vampwood

Anyone who likes this mechanic hates competition.
    • Up x 3
  10. MartianDiscoFish

Remove? no
    Reduce? yes
    I still have bad memories of early beta when NC snipers could easily one shot me even if I was sinking bullets into his face
    The last thing we need for game balancing is snipers dominating mid range again

But yeah I really don't like how inaccurate my weapons become when I'm shot, what is the point of high accuracy weapons if any weapon can knock off my aim.
    • Up x 3
  11. Phyr

Anyone who hates this mechanic hates competition.
  12. vampwood

I too like killing enemies with no fear of reprisal from said enemy if I shot him first.
    • Up x 2
  13. videogamesaregames

lol.
  14. Phyr

I thought we were making terrible arguments. Was I wrong?
    • Up x 1
  15. Ivalician

Agree with the DiscoFish.

Remove? No. But an overall reduction would be appreciated.

And from there, base amount of flinch on amount of damage received in a non-linear fashion. Think like a bell curve distribution where outliers cause exponentially more or less flinch based on how far they are from the middle. This would account for the significantly lower ROF that harder hitting guns have and balance the playing field.

Right now, the advantages of having a high ROF guns in infantry combat are stupid good.
    • Up x 1
  16. DJPenguin

not totally remove, just reduce imo. as powerful as they are, t9 carvs and to a lesser extent orions shouldn't be able to out-shoot me a few football fields away while using a battle rifle simply because 1 of their 50/100 bullets can completely screw me over.
  17. ThePackage

18. anaverageguy

lol No. Getting hit by bullets and not having aim thrown off like in other fps games is stupid; at least this is closer to being reasonable and you're not sent flying by the impact of bullets.
  19. TheGroggyOne

20. Bill Hicks

flinching is for baddies who get the jump on you but somehow manage not to kill you. Since TR and Vanu can spray and makes most of their bullets hit the NC are the most affected by flinch. Maybe they need to make flinch stronger on NC weapons to balance it out.