HE cannons need to go.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jourmand1r, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Kenny007

But it's just an engine guys! I'm sure it's just a matter of them switching in a few lines of code! Could it really hurt to give it a try for a few weeks?
  2. Maderas

It never ends.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheBloodEagle

You shame the TR by whining.
    • Up x 1
  4. Eyeklops

It's not
  5. Keifomofutu

I can soak about 3 near hits in my engineer with level 5 flak armor(39%). There are many classes you'd be a unwise to take anything else.(Medic, Eng, Heavy).

They buffed the flak cert for a reason take advantage of it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Vortok

My main is a VS Medic/Engineer. I have a TR alt, but he's driven the stock Lightning more than he's driven a Prowler ever and is mostly used to play HA and MAX. About the only tank I drive with any regularity is a Magrider and it has the default main cannon on it - not HE (don't have HE unlocked on any character). I'm always on the receiving end of HE.

Nice try, though.

The Prowler's better infantry killing ability is the Prowler in general, not so much to do with HE. And yeah, people whine about it like they're the NC playerbase or something. Needs something more interesting than deploy and probably minor tweaks to the Vulcan's range.
  7. TeknoBug

You know what's funny? the default weapon (Viper) for the lightning is effective against air if you can aim, aircrafts that swoop down for a rocket pod volley can get eaten up by the default lightning cannon which is meant for anti infantry, while the HE is a better anti infantry weapon. I normally use HE to take out wall/tower turrets and sunderers.

There's obvious balance issues with a lot of the vehicle weapons that still need to be adjusted.
  8. Uben Qui

This guy is correct. Do not like HE hits, wear flak armor. Soon it will be 50% reduction making that splash worth nothing.
  9. ADFXOzymandias

If someone is using HE why don't you spawn a tank and kill them back. Even stock tank guns can beat HE one vs one.
  10. Phryne

The HE tank is very vulnerable to other tanks though. Perhaps the real problem is that you're trying to fight them without mechanical support.
  11. Garrix

Not really, the damage difference between the shell types is essentially nil. It may take one less shot to kill with other round types, that's about it.
  12. Kran De Loy

Hey, can some one answer this question?

HEAT (default) rounds to kill an MBT from the...
    Front:
    Side:
    Rear:

HE rounds...
    Front:
    Side:
    Rear:

AP rounds...
    Front:
    Side:
    Rear:

Just guessing but I think it's something like HEAT: 5/5/2, HE: 6/5/2, AP, 5/4/2

Also is there really a significant difference in Total Health and Damage between the 3 factions? Or are the differences only the obvious ones like Magrider's hover, Vanguard's Shields and Prowler's Rapid Fire Deployment? (Significant difference in health/damage as counted by # of rounds needed to kill another MBT).