i gained 2000 certs in 67 hours

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Louis Farrakhan, Dec 13, 2012.

1. badname02

Why the HELL would you want to buy many guns anyway? I mean I buy a bolt-driver for my sniper, sure. 100certs and I'm done. Never needing another gun for my sniper ever again, perhaps a new scope and some class upgrades but that's it.

Most guns on heavy\la etc are just ''the other faction's guns'' but in a skin that compliments your own factions colors. And with the exception of the GAUSS SAW, with which I just can't seem to get along, I don't see the need to buy basically any new gun at all. Even on my level 5 alt I have no issues at all taking down level 40's with all their fancy crap what-so-ever. They're just slightly tougher (and theyre allowed to be) and usually know their maps\bases very well.

I play this game 2 capture bases and kill stuff... isn't that enough? It's still free for me lol.
  2. FleshIcon

As Trysaeder said, spend some cash. You can get stuff rather cheaply.

The game was free. Whats $20 or $40 if you're having a good time? I found it worth while.
  3. Gavyne

It's designed this way to give people the incentive to buy them. The basics to a free to play model is that you could play and earn for these weapons without spending a dime, it just would take awhile. But if you want it NOW, you pay money for them. Hence, play for free, with the option to buy them now. If these things were cheap to obtain via certs, people would have no reason to buy them at all, and the company would make no money to keep this game going.
  4. SilverAura

I feel the price of weapons is a little excessive, especially since they often feel similar enough to not justify it. However if they bring the price of weapons down... they should beef the price of specific certifications up a little bit more. I think what they're trying to reproduce here is not so much a large cash flow as much as the same time it took to really unlock much of what you wanted in PlanetSide 1. Take into consideration too that in PlanetSide 1, at least early on, it was impossible to unlock everything. This isn't the case in PlanetSide 2. So they add value to items so that the time spent earning them doesn't result in capping out everything too quickly and the sense of progression doesn't seem to come to a screeching halt.

I do have an issue however with the fact that you when you purchase vehicle/max weapons, specifically for a Galaxy... that you purchase them for their specific position be it primary, secondary, left hand or right hand. I think instead, it should be a matter of how many you purchase and their location from there should be entirely optional.

For example, if I have one anti-air and one anti-vehicle weapon for my Max suit, I should be free to position them in either my left or right arms. Of course if I want to have one in both my left AND my right hand, I would have to purchase an extra one.

The main reason this is a problem, specifically for the Max suit, is because it forces you to choose weapons based on their hand. For example, if I have anti-infantry in my left arm and anti-air and anti-vehicle for my right... under no circumstances can I ever have anti-air and anti-vehicle unless I choose to purchase one of either for the opposite hand. Whether this was intended as a strategy or not, it's frustrating and I would like to see something done about it.
  5. Village

I earned 3000 certs over the double experience weekend.
  6. MNO

You're earning on average 30 certs an hour. This really isn't good, and if you're playing for certs you need to play differently. You won't get many certs from defending those generators at that empty Amp station, even though you're doing a good job for your faction.

Of course, you could sub/buy a boost and it'd go quicker, but that's the point of f2p. You won't get stuff super fast, but you don't have to pay a penny.

Oh yea, I was averaging like 250 certs an hour at least, it was beautiful. So many pretties to buy.
  7. siiix

well easy beze spend that $100 in 2 weeks when the next 3x sale is... really you i find just bizzar that people cant wait a few weeks to get a deal

certifications are for upgrades and not weapons...if you buy weapons with certs you screwed and never/rarely get anything cool in this game unlocked
  8. Gambles

In LoL you are getting a full champion for that price, and that's only the most expensive champs. You are getting a full design, artwork, something that basically will change the way you play the game, a whole new class if you will. In PS2 you get a weapon, that is most likely not only similar in appearance to your other weapon, but often similar in stats and ability. Really, it's not a good deal no matter what you compare it to or how you word it.
  9. ImGladUmad

Ok bro, you want SOE to sell vehicles because you get artwork, full design etc...which they could of easily done but instead they give it to us for free....since that will be too much Pay 2 win.

Champions arn't worth $7.50......I dont care if they have some 2 lines in voice work lol.....Is not worth it either.

I could see how you say is worth more but IMO no...A gun does change your style of gameplay.
  10. Stargazer86

I want a shotgun. All the shotguns are 1000 certs. Hence, I'm likely never getting a shotgun. :c

There really needs to be a "cheap" version for all the weapons. They already exist for several of them, like carbines, rifles, and sniper rifles all have 100 cert variants that at least give you some different options. But with shotguns, rocket launchers, pistols, and especially vehicle weapons, there are no cheap sensible options. Anything that actually changes your gameplay 'style' is far more expensive than the mere sidegrades. Basically if you want to have some variety in gameplay, SOE expects you to fork out money.

I really wish they had stuck with pure cosmetics and boosters in terms of making money, rather than selling weapons and gear. Do you want to buy a skin for your Cycler that makes in look like the PS1 version? That should cost you money. Wanna buy new helmet options, shoulderpads, and beltbuckles? Money. Quick access to guns that you are 'technically' able to buy with certs yet still take an inordinate amount of time to get is toeing the line, in my opinion.
  11. Metran

Yes 1000 certs for a weapon is ridiculous. Anyone that says otherwise is an idi0t. Period.
  12. Phazaar

I'm not at all poor, but already pay more to play this game than I do for any other, and even if I exclusively played PS2, I'd still only average maybe 1 and a half hours a night. The cert gain vs cert requirement is a joke.

The reason I pay so much more than for other games is because the game concept is brilliant. As the execution gets worse and worse (why oh why did we end up on 1000 certs TWICE for 5 seconds faster decoy release?! - I'm not even an ESF and I think that's ******* stupid.) it becomes harder and harder not to go back to something that doesn't put a grind up as the justification for making money.
  13. Vashyo

I've earned 3000 certs in about 90 hours, trying to force myself to grind more.
  14. Champagon

nope

for a f2p game seems about right to me :/ they gotta make money son, they have families and lives and bills to pay. Hate to break it to ya but this is REALITY
  15. vampwood

I've earned 13000 certs in 135 hours with sub. Seems about right but idk, could be a tiny bit higher for everyone, 1.25 for non payers and keep it where it is for current members.
  16. Mr.V.Light

yeah, it's actually a -lot- less gametime if you just do a win of the day, but furthermore.. and this keeps getting overlooked.

a 1k cert gun != a 6300ip champ, mostly because you don't have to spend another 6300ip to unlock your q-w-e-r for that champ after buying it

in PS2 however, it's pretty common to spend more certs for the attachments of a gun than on the gun itself, kindof silly for them to overlook the attachment costs and how there aren't any in LoL.. now if those 1k cert guns came with every attachment pre certed to max level... then sure, same unlock speed as LoL (unless we're talking pure win of the day and not grinding, where LoL is actually less time spent anyways)

but no, not the same.. PS2 stuff takes longer to unlock.
  17. Braken

Actually, there are/were betas that let you keep stuff after the beta ends and the games are released.

Tribes Ascend, Blacklight:Retribution, and now Hawken, MechWarrior Online, and (I think) Firefall.
  18. ImGladUmad

LoL takes more game time if you actually play the game......or more real life time....you choose.

You forget runes which is similar too certs unlocks, but I will admit certs have an advantage that they could be used by all champs.(im gonna make a thread about this).

LoL unlock speed is slower because the prices are fixed and the game is too unpredictable it depends on your teamates alot.....PS2 rewards skill more, so your very very good, you can get certs very very fast since their is no fixed rate unlike LoL.

Also all the queue time and trolls qutting really makes people waste a lot of time.
  19. TheEvilBlight

It boils down to SOE not having confidence in people spending money on cosmetics to pay for everything and being highly functional. There is only one example where buying hats pays for the servers, and that was TF2. And TF2 probably isn't doing 500v500v500's...(but then again, we aren't either, so as the game decays it should get cheaper to host).
  20. Gambles

If you don't think a fully designed champion isn't worth 7.50 in LoL and you think 7 dollars is ok for the price of most of these guns that's fine, you live with that and good luck. The simple fact of the matter is the only difference in the guns is MINOR stat changes and MINOR VERY MINOR appearance changes in most cases, especially when referring to in-class weapons.

But hey, that's just my opinion. I look at how much work went into what I'm buying or earning and then like to think "Well is that worth it?". Not that I fully agree with LoL's model, it could be cheaper, but the design, for the company, and what you get I say is worth 5 bucks maybe of my money. But the difference's in weapons in PS2? the effort that went into different models and stats? pshh... a couples bucks? maybe?

Again though, I like to look at the product I'm paying for and judge on the quality and amount of work that went into it before I buy it, that's just me. The game overall, I enjoy, doesn't mean I have to enjoy the variation and how much time and money that variation costs.