Gametrailers give PS2 a 8.7

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hetzau, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Hetzau

Discuss.

I think they missed a few things.
  2. Ganelon

You honestly give a **** about that garbage site made by people who think that no PC is more powerful than a PS3?

Pffff.
  3. Hetzau

I wouldn't if this review didn't promote the game and would bring in new players. Unfortunately, it will and I think new players will be up for quiet a surprise.
  4. Ganelon

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. Abye

Typical Gametrailers review. Narration is very valid but the ratings are totally bonkers. I guess they depend on the ad money the publisher throws at them.
  6. vampwood

7. ImGladUmad

WTF is wrong with an 8.7?...I think the game deserves it.

inb4 is a conspiracy and they get paid off.

if that's true then why do all the hipster indie games get 8's and 9's?
  8. Liquid23

I don't put much stock in reviews because I am able to form my own opinions...

not to mention as this is a F2P game there is not even a monetary risk to try it to form your own
  9. USD

Considering sony didn't buy the review like some games MUST have done to have gotten their ratings, I think PS2 did pretty well.
  10. Liquid23

buy a review? what?!? are you trying to tell me "Call of Duty: Reskined Again 34" didn't deserve a 9.9/10?
    • Up x 2
  11. vampwood

So a game with horrible optimization issues, large amounts of bugs that have existed since beta, new bugs that arise every new patch and questionable balance choices deserves a near perfect? Game deserves more like a 6/10 in its current state, slightly above average, once they iron out all the issues, I could see 8.7.
  12. powerz

sony is a major advertiser with gametrailers, one of their largest.......you don't rock the boat......you wont hear about what they didn't like, non biased reviews simply do not exist on any revenue generating website, especially GT.....you wont see mention of the bugs or other technical issues, or just craptastic low FPS at times regardless of the end users rig or settings......this game does not deserve a near perfect score, an 8.7 is just not believable in it's current state.....perhaps in it's polished state but not in it's current clusterfuk
    • Up x 1
  13. Gambles

I can't believe gamespot still doesn't have a review for this game, Kevin is really the only reviewer who I often share views with. I assume he will be doing the review as he did live streams. Meh, anyway it will be interesting to see how his score compares to mine when it is finally released anyway.
  14. ImGladUmad

So SOE Paid off all the main websites.......lol.

Have you ever thought that maybe the reviewers have really good PC's that can handle the game, and didn't get the horrible optimization like the normal player got?

I know the game was no where complete but I think reviewers really like the game because it is fun...I mean have you seen the crap, they give 9's and 10's too?....Planetside 2 isn't very far behind in terms of fun, I think is ahead.
    • Up x 1
  15. vampwood

You can't just base a review off its "fun" factor, and anyway, I hardly think an i7 2600k @ 4.89ghz and a GTX 670 is a shoddy computer and regardless of how good my computer is or the reviewers, the game still runs poorly on just about everyones hardware in big fights with infantry rendering 5 feet in front of you.
  16. ImGladUmad

Planetside 2 is way better than all those hipster games that get 8's and 9's and a bunch of other games.......8.7 isn't really off considering all the games they give that score too.

Well maybe the reviewers PC is better?...maybe they got lucky?...maybe SOE provided them with the perfect PC for the game(inb4 thats buying reviews)......IDK but I do know that not everybody has horrible performance.

Maybe the person though the game was too much to overcome the horrible performance?

or maybe SOE did pay everybody off:rolleyes:
  17. powerz

I run a 2600K OC'ed on water to 4.5ghz and 3 (three) HD 6970 GPU's in trifire...I can pull almost a 15,000 point 3dmark11 score...........I shouldn't be dipping into the sub 30 frames per second with the settings on low, there's a serious underlying issue with the games optimization, it was plain as day in the review video, you just don't notice it as much because it had motion blur......combine some shotty low FPS with a high 120 htz monitor and you have yourself a nauseating headache in no time.

In terms of fun and play-ability as well as organization I'd say it's heads and shoulders above the class, nothing comes close......but it's riding the short bus where it counts in the optimization arena.
  18. ImGladUmad

I get horrible performance issues too...The game wasn't ready to launch this soon.

But like I said maybe the reviewer didn't have that problem or he thought the game was too much fun, that it didn't ruin the gaming experience for them...I know some pc appear to handle PS2 very well.

like I said all the crap that gets 8's and 9's.....Ps2 does deserve a 8.7.....To me is GOTY.
  19. raw

GAMING JOURNALISM **** YEAH
    COME TO WRITE YOUR MOTHER****ING BRAINS OUT YEAH

DEVELOPERS YOUR GAME IS THROUGH
    CAUSE NOW YOU HAVE TO PAY TO
    GAMING JOURNALISM **** YEAH
    • Up x 2
  20. Liquid23

my specs

Cuisinart CPT-180
    stainless housing with polished chrome and black accents
    Two 6-setting browning dials