So what's it going to take SOE? What do we have to do to get protection?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtYbird

The problem is that Smeds came out chest thumping last weekend about owning the cheats and it back fired badly.
    We haven't even had an update on what went so wrong, you know the whole "no one is banned with out solid proof".

I'd say they are working hard back at the drawing board because they really wouldn't want to stuff it up yet again.
    Smeds wont have enjoyed the fact he had to back down so what ever it is they decide to do about all of the cheats he'll want it a hell of a lot more fool proof than last time.

Unfortunately until then we have to live with it and trust they have a better plan of attack coming.
    • Up x 1
  2. DerpyHooves

i beg to differ.
    Here is an example of a company taking hack makers to court. : http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=55655
    it is also not legal if said enhancement goes against the game makers TOS which clearly aimbots do.
  3. KrazeyHorse

This is the most hilarious post I have ever seen... ever. I can't even be mad.

This is how effective your zero tolerance policy and your report system is.
    • Up x 1
  4. Archey

"Hiding behind a firewall" doesn't protect them from being banned from a Free to play game.

Simple solution: Get VAC up in here, it's the best Anti-cheat out there. Sure it has delayed bans, but it actually bans people.
  5. empdevolth

Hmm, well here's one of them.

Though honestly SOE needs a more efficent way to deal with hackers. Plain and simple.
    • Up x 1
  6. Soylad

Your "product" infringes on SOE IP and copyrights. You don't get taken to court because it's not worth their time or expense to prosecute petty criminals. They are better off aggressively policing their property and instantly banning anyone using or promoting the hacks until they can be blocked.
  7. TimeyWimey

I don't even think SOE has any anticheat detection systems online yet, what with the banning legit players and then unbanning them. They need to wake up. It's not bad on Miller (I very rarely tbh see anyone cheating) yet, but I can imagine your pain.
  8. Metsuro

You apparently didn't actually read anything about lawsuit did you?

They went to court over copyrighted or traded marked items. As in piracy, not hacking.

It may have fallen under the same grouping that glider or goblin or whatever the bot for WoW. In which they loaded the game client into ram and used that for hooks. Which meant that the program had to use copy that in theory wasn't legally attained to work with.

Not all hacks or aimbots work this way.
  9. Camping Police

The problem would be significantly decreased if SOE would just get access to 4-5 sites that sell cheating "frameworks" and then just write a custom, self-updating software (kinda like PunkBuster, but better and more often updateable) which would detect this **** on cheater's computers and ban them automatically. That would prevent false accusations and SIGNIFICANTLY speed up the banning of all these scum. Come on Sony, you can do it!
    • Up x 1
  10. TriumphOfMan

The cheaters advertising in yell is getting annoying to say the least.
  11. Metsuro

False it does not. As a product to enchance does not have to include the original works. Making it completely legal. All it has to do is modify a legally attained copy.
  12. badname02

We all know where these kids are getting their free hacks from. Destroy that site. Don't WE have a few hackers who can take it down temporarily? I honestly couldn't care less. Or will that simply cause those guys to retaliate in-game.
  13. ThePackage

It's the whole free to play model. It almost encourages cheating as there is really no deterrent to these pieces of garbage. Since free to play is never going to change, we're pretty much stuck.

All you have to do is look at what APB became. The level of cheating in that game was definitely a record.
  14. KrazeyHorse

Yes. It's an absolute joke and a slap in the face to anyone that's paid money for this game or is even playing for free.
  15. DerpyHooves

I actually did read the lawsuit as I am an active member of said game. They couldnt sue them for damages the hack caused so they went about another way to make the hack site pay. You must be ******** to think that the creation of software that infringes on SOE's TOS is in anyway shape or form is legal.
  16. StrangerDanger

but....F2P is all the rage.....

I agree with the guy who is suggesting to reverse hack the hackers sites. Have SOE hire some real hackers and take down the sites and forums people use to distribute the hacks.
  17. VoidMagic

Well.. this sounds horrible. Im supprised I haven't seen it myself. Well haven't been able to play much lately actually.
    Lets stay calm... we all do love Planetside, Im sure the boys at SOE are working on this as hard as is possible.
    Freaking Hackers, are a scourge and even governments can't contain them honestly...

Can't the Enclave hunt these tools down thou and provide 24/7 attitude readjustement?

I figured you guys might be able to deal out some good old "Player Justice"
  18. smokemaker

Devils advocate

1.) Punkbuster or like program will not make you happy, but its better then nothing.
    Why I say this, is BF 3. It has punkbuster and all , but cheats are way worse there then here. What SOE is doing better then BF3 is actively showing they are in game. I like this.

2.) Stat padders, who cares.... I play for fun, not for a stat. So player X has bazillion points.... don't care.

3.) SOE can only do so much. Some cheats just cant be caught. Unless you are willing to turn control of your PC over to SOE before playing each game, then there is nothing they can do about some of theses cheats out there.

What we can hope for is active admins on servers. This is the only real way to stop most of the cheats. Cheats have always been in games sense the internet existed. To expect 100% cheat free gaming is impossible at this time in gaming.
  19. Metsuro

Its because what they were doing wasn't illegal. Providing the hacks is perfectly legal. Providing or promoting any form of piracy is not.

This would be illegal and would never happen.

The only real way to stop the cheaters is to authenticate all the data server side, this would stop some hacks like speed hacking, but wouldn't do much for aim botting. All they could do to stop that is to look for the most common hooks and close them.
  20. KrazeyHorse

The same squad/platoon of cheaters is still running around Mattherson.

This is pretty cute.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.