Any lone snipers on TR Connery?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by PanzerGoddess, Dec 13, 2012.

1. PanzerGoddess

Any of you guys around still. Don't see too many of you out there. Any of you using the TSAR for close range. Lets hear some input on the lone rangers or infiltrator class only players. I play solo from time to time if no one is on from the outfit and I do quite a bit of close range with my TSAR, alot of recon for other outfits, and the occasional hand to hand combat in the arena :)
  2. Krytical

Full time TR infiltrator on Connery here.

I've used every TR infiltrator weapon but ultimately stick with the RAMS .50 (SR-7 before that) most of the time as I find a single shot to the head from a distance to be the most effective way to play infiltrator.

When I get bored I mix it up with the HSR-1 with a 3.4x, Compensator and Lasersight. It's decent long-range and it has a tight enough spread to easily hip-fire at close range. It also seems to be the only TR rifle that doesn't come with the sonic boom/tracer animations and it has the smallest accuracy decay of all the rifles which makes it easy to remain accurate while over continued fire. It got new sound effects after Update 1. It sounds badass now.

Up close I think the Repeater is still the infiltrator's best friend though, but I try not to put myself on that position unless a turret/vehicle station really needs to be hacked. I'm of more service to my team alive and well popping heads from a distance than as a gimped infiltrator tip-toeing around heavies inside a base with a pistol. :)
  3. Toshogu

Been enjoying the better draw distance with the ram 50
  4. GraphicJ

I stopped sniping because of the draw distance. Has it got better after the patch?
  5. PanzerGoddess

not really, you an change your render distance in your user.ini file to 1.2 or 1.4 which has helped me, not sure why, but it has done a decent job on improving it.
  6. Benevon

Is that even technically allowed?
  7. vampwood

Changing .ini render distance doesn't change when infantry pop in.
  8. PanzerGoddess

why not, its just changing it in your ini files, you can change anything you want in there at your own risk, you just cant use programs to modify the game, etc to gain benefits. But tbh Im not sure it gives you more render distance, helped me alot with the vanishing acts, etc. Seems to make the render distance what it is intended to "be". I could be seeing **** too, I do wear glasses.
  9. vampwood

Infantry render distance is entirely dependent on how many other infantry are around. You can have them not render even 5 feet in front of you if there are a LOT of people around. Though I do recommend lowering rendering distance because even on my beefier hardware it gave me a good performance boost, I sit at 1000 right now.
  10. PanzerGoddess

as I said, it helped me.....no need to derail this :eek: If your computer can handle it without any huge fps decrease why not. I run at 1.4 in my options and no problems yet so...x my fingers.

But again back on topic, any lone snipers besides Toshogu on Conner?