[EU - Woodman] TR LEARN TO PLAY!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cristari, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Cristari

First off I am TR so this is a shout out to all the hopelessly bad TR players out there that seem to outnumber all of the decent players.

I have been playing PlanetSide since, well almost forever. I have been able to be in PS2 since the Tech Tests. During PS1 and the Tech Tests we had awesome players no one could beat TR we quite simply were the best. However since launch and my choice of server being Woodman I have noticed a severe lack of talent in the TR sides and this is apparent with the territory control we have during the day and at night.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

A typical day on Indar with world population stats as 31% VS 35% TR and 33% NC

TR quite simply put suck!

VS with their lower population Cap can even manage to hold 2 continents while we struggle to gain control of Indar. NC captured Indar about 6 weeks ago and have not relinquish it since then because no one can fully recapture it. I congratulate TR on managing to hold half a map but let me remind you that you don't get anything for holding half a map! If we do ever manage to hold a continent bonus we only hold it for a very very short period. Because of all the bad players TR have we are under-performing due to a lack in benefits and to be honest it is hurting our population I mean who wants to play on the loosing side.

All day, every day all I see from TR is Zerg after Zerg after Zerg! There is no structure and no commands being passed around to allow anything to happen. We seem to run around doing almost nothing and we do it so well we manage to let both VS and NC walk all over us. You have to defend as well as attack and if the zerg Line gets too far you do need to slow down and watch for back capping morons stopping your zerg from having any effect.

I have to say for once I am ashamed to be TR.

NOTE - Moderators can we get Server sub-forums here please?
  2. Tamas

Sorry, but I have VS on woodman and I rage often at the stupidity - don't step in front of me while I'm firing my Lasher! Too hard to drop ammo? Too hard to revive - I can see dam medics rather try sniping with a pistol than reviving people.

In any case, it's not as bad as NC though - those guys the the cake...
  3. St0mpy

woodman? who plays on woodman?

Miller is where its at for the EU, all the whingers about queues went to woodman.
  4. toph1980

TR manage just fine on Cobalt, which, all things considered, is a pretty decent and well-balanced server.
  5. merkapto

TR was strong for first week. They managed to cap all 3 continents on one ocasion. There are few reasons for TRs' decline that I can think of:
    - NC and VS players rerolled to TR when forums were crying OP TR and they had all continents.
    (Not very likely thought, as server population is somewhat even most of the time)
    - It's easier to be adequate with TR weapons than it is with NC or VS weapons.
    - TR weapons were OP and got silently nerfed to be underpowered.
  6. Izriul

Funny, I see far more miller whiners than any other server. I see more QQ about hacks than any other server.

When I joined at release, woodman had the highest population at the time of creating a character, I don't know what it is now, nor do I care..why would I when there is always action?

It's all down to one thing only, the crown. VS took it earlier and boy did the whole servers population of TR suddenly show. You're there every day all day. You don't care about capping anywhere else, you all just want to sit in the crown and farm certs.

That said, that screenshot proves NOTHING. I've seen each of the 3 maps controlled by each of the factions numerous times. The most common thing however is indar controlled by TR, esamir by VS and Amerish by NC. Once TR lock down another zone, guess what they do? Head back to the crown. Night at day there are more TR than anywhere else. You're so convinced holding this one tiny area is the pro thing to do, as everyone else caps stuff on other maps. It's like this huge ****** magnet.
  7. Paulus

Thats wierd, you could have put the name "Lithcorp" in your title and i would have believed you, thats what our server looks like 90% of the time. Hell, we had 70% pop one night last week and that map of indar is EXACTLY as far as we got to sanc locking the other two. Except for last night when VS owned Indar and Esamir, yeah,, TR is sooooo OP.
  8. BlackWolf

But we gotta hold the crown, guys! THE CROWN RULES ALL!
  9. LonelyAirman

^This guy knows, partly. Whenever [CT] push the north-east side of the TR, to get them away from our canyons, we can manage to get all the way up to Mao TP at least, before the zerg responds. One day we managed to capture the Alkali Storage and held it for fifteen minutes, until what we think was an organised outfit pushed us back! The main reason is that most of the TR population gets sucked into the Crown partly because they hold the territory advantage because of the road being in the heart of their territory. It's like the OP METRO of PS2.

By the way, the reason the NC hold Indar for so long is that the tank zergs - of VS or TR - find it impossible to filter safely and quickly into the narrow canyons near our warpgate. They are ridiculously defensible, and I've only seen us lose them once. A few Libs running Aircav can easily clear out an entire tank zerg down in one of those narrow bits. We definitely have terrain advantage. On the other hand, it is hilariously fun trying to get a 30-40 vehicle tank column out of the canyons without the front rank being wiped out before the rear can even emerge. That might be a tactical issue on our part.
  10. sideshow

Woodman VS here. Our (me and friends) pov has been that TR are by far the most organised faction, and are basically currently 'winning'. The last week or so you haven't been up to much - this coincided with NC actually capping a couple of continents - but I think if/when we get a scoreboard per server we'll see that TR still has the most continent captures of any faction. TR just seem to coordinate better, and make better large scale pushes that aren't just mindless hordes.
  11. Lord Byte

On the other hand we did get the short end of the stick on Esamir. Getting squished in between VS and TR with no real way to break out, 90% of the time we're fighting on two fronts while either side have only us to beat on. Instead of the devs rethinking the placement more in the style of Amerish, or at least swapping the warpgate positions around regularily... No.
  12. maxkeiser

Woodman is where many of the good outfits are. Woodman has higher quality gameplay, imo.
  13. Kameho

There is Nothing wrong with TR on Woodman.

Yes TR rarely keeps a continent for long. but TR players are overall more organized than VS and NC counterpart.

However, the thing that makes TR underperform, or more exactly, not manage to hold a continent for long, is due to Underpopulation.

If you havent noticed. VS has a generally higher population. NC has a extremely high Night-Time population, due to american outfits and players on the NC side.

Also, TR tends to even out on all continents most of the time, not always, but often.
    You'll see 35% TR on Indar, Esamir and Amerish.
    Also TR dosn't manblob Zerg for long in one continent as VS and NC does, wich is the key to capturing a Continent without organizing.
    As if you havent noticed. Esamir have tendancy to have 70+% VS population.
    While Amerish tends to shift between 60% TR population wich instantly disappears once Amerish is capped. Followed up by a 60-70% NC population that quickly recaps Amerish.

Indar seems to be the only reasonable population balanced continent. Wich is also the reason why it rarely shifts ownership.
  14. sideshow

@Lord Byte

I can appreciate the game-balance pros of rotating warp gates regularly (on continent cap for instance), but I really wouldn't like it. The lush green fields of SW Indar feel like home to me, and returning to them after lengthy campaigns in the barren north, or sun-seared SE, is a really nice feeling. Kicking TR or NC out of Snake Ravine or Xenotech Labs just feels like we're the home-team, repelling the invaders. I think that's something worth keeping, and you'd lose it if you rotated regularly.

@Kameho

Nonsense about VS: we're always under-pop overall, which is exaggerated by half of us sitting farming Esamir instead of doing something useful on Indar or Amerish. Agree with you about NC getting a massive spike overnight though, which is pretty irritating.
  15. LonelyAirman

NC does have their fair share of stupid, too, to be fair. Byte's mention of fighting on two fronts reminded me what most NC breakouts look like: TR on one side, VS on the other, big blue strip meaning that there is no purple or red even touching. The entire front closes up after ten minutes because the NC zerg cannot fight the entire TR and VS. Every single one. So, especially on Esamir, we make a huge push with a one-territory connection most of the way along then get cut off and beaten back to the warpgate. It seems to be only NC that do dumb crap like that on Woodman. Makes our strategists kinda mad.
  16. sideshow

Heh, on the second or third night we were trying to take back Vanu Archives from TR, and after a few minutes realised we were suddenly fighting NC. Spent the next couple of hours with NC surrounding the foot of the base, holding us off, while TR sat up top laughing their ***** off, killing whoever got through. Good times :)
  17. Ganelon

NC actively defends continents whereas we (TR) tend to jump to other continents once one of them (Amerish 90% of the time) is capped.
    It's also stupidly irritating that, when trying to warpgate the NC to get rid of their 10% aerospace bonus, the VS seem to attack us. Always. No matter what, attack the TR!

P.S. I haven't seen any form of organisation you guys are talking about. The only other outfits I've seen are rolling with the zerg and our command channel consists of people who are "leading" 2-man squads and shouting nonsense orders through the channel. Like when the TR tried to Mossie zerg the NC, but seemed to have forgotten that they can't fly for ****.
  18. IshanDeston

And its damn hard work, mind you. But we "recaptured" indar a couple times, even been almost pushed back to the warpgate on sunday. And its each day was a repetition of the day before. Storm up brocken archroad to Crossroads towers, make push into Xenotechlabs, and get pushed back down to the Techplant when Vanu has regained their bearings and their Tank cooldown is gone.

But the coolest moment was last week, a single sunderer of NC troops, parked near a ridge in the middle of nowhere infront of the TR warpgate and we held the Zerg. 12 people held off the whole zerg. In the middle of nowhere. No choke point, just a rock formation.

Indar and Amarish are our petpeves. I think i haven't really seen much of Esamir since launch, except for today, when i made it a point to go there,

And mostly the reason seems to be that your faction, on Woodman behaves like Locusts. You move in, you seize and you move out in force to your next target. NC manages to hold Indar, because we do defend.

We are probably also this competent because we educate our players. The SmurfGods (While i very much like running with them, they are at times infuriatingly uncoordinated, but sometimes a home away from home), usually have some squad / platoon running and a handfull competent people with them, focusing only on the smaller bases. We keep telling people to stand on the cap points, not to shoot unless they see an enemy and all the small stuff that provides you with a combat edge. I've been stalking TR often enough, and i've never seen them do anything the like, nor the Vanu, but i find them notoriously hard to stalk.

But in my opinion, the real reason why you TR guys don't get a foot on the ground is... because you don't get a foot on the ground. Seriously. Even your smallest advances has 6 Mosquitos and 1-2 Tanks and 2-3 Footsoldiers. The occasional Max unit. TR on Woodman seem to believe its all about air superiority. My small outfit sqaud of 4 people last night capped a TR base while 8 Mosqs and a TR liberator were hovering over our heads. If they would have landed they would have easily prevented the cap, but no, all they did was hover in the air and shoot rockets at us, while we simply waited for the cap.

Hurting your population? Are you kidding me? Each time i am logging on TR has the biggest population on Woodman, except for 5am in the morning. Then its Vanu or NC (mostly Vanu).

Doesn't look so much different on NC side. Differance probably is you have smaller Squads (my outfit for example also avoids the Zerg, unless we are only 3-4 people) and the Gods, running around can capping and defending the smaller bases.

I suggest you guys organize some VOIP squads and organize that yourself. NC is infuriatingly incompent on Woodman as well. I am so tired of being the sole defender in some backstation, because unless there is some extended fighting going on, everyone is rushing away. Unless there is a platoon taking charge and pushing people, which is a very stressful thing todo, nothing is getting done on NC side as well. We lost Amarish on monday because of it. Actually i am blaming the Gods for it, since they decided to abandon the Amarish defense, because 2-3 people from their outfit started whining about wanting to go to Indar, than keeping fighting a stacked fight against TR and Vanu. Which by the way seems to be a thing for you guys. TR and Vanu side by side pushing NC.

But mostly i suggest maybe leaving your Planes at home at times. Yes we do have reavers in the air, but from my NC perspective, our Air superiority is minimal at best. We are 90% boots to the ground, until someone starts whining about needing reaver air support, then some people go back and get some planes.

That'd be great.

I do. And i like it on Woodman. And i can't complain about "where its at". We have enough on Woodman, to go about in spades. Especially bullets and aircrafts.
    • Up x 2
  19. Ganelon

Then why the hell is Indar always covered in Reavers? I mean, we manage in Amerish, mostly due to my outfit having competent pilots, but Indar is just a no-go.
  20. IshanDeston

Because there is always a myriad of Scythes and Mosqs. Sorry, but while i see our Platoons running with 1-2 Reavers, maybe 1 liberator and the rest being boots to the ground, i see quite the opposite from TR. Vanu on the other hand seem to relie heavily on Light Assaults, Sniper and Magriders.

As i said, thats just my perspective.