Vanu LA

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by iDante, Dec 12, 2012.

1. iDante

Hi all

So i ve started playing PS2 as Vanu LA and i rly loved this class
    i ve collected some certs and i rly would like to know what i need to get/upgrade as priority
    leave ur suggestions/comments

thx :)
  2. Warez

You should get C4 first. Light assaults, with their maneuverability, speed, and ability to get damn near anywhere for surprise attacks, excel at taking down sunderers with them. Adrenaline Pump aids in this as well. For weapon, I suggest trialing them and use what feels best, but the shotguns are beast in close quarters.
  3. Iridar51

This question keeps getting asked again and again. Just browse the forums ffs.
    Get 1 lvl nanoweave armor upgrade (1 cert), scope for a gun (30 certs), medkit (or restoration kit, whichever costs 30 cert).
    I would recommend 2x kollimator scope unless you really like to snipe people from a far.
    After that get a few jetpack upgrades, they help a lot.
    Keep stocking on greanades and medkits.
    After these few necessities you can farm certs on whatever you want, be it C4 or new gun.
    • Up x 1
  4. iDante

hm but should i get 1 or 2 c4 also i want something for mid-long combat
  5. iDante

thank you
  6. Iridar51

2 C4 is very costly upgrade, it is okay to set iе as a goal, but it will probably take you a long time to farm certs for it.
    It is not very useful, though. It is true that with 2 C4 you can take out a medium battle tank, and with a little help, a sunderer, but this will probably not happen very often, because you would have to get very close and it's gonna take some time to plant two C4s.

One C4 is probably enogh to deal with every other scenario, be it enemy MAX, or placing it as a landmine while retreting from overrun cap point.

If you want to seriously specialize in mid-long range combat you might want to get a new gun, specific for that role.
    Look for more information here.
  7. [HM]Krowe

Am I the only one who uses the adrenaline booster? I mean it makes the already very maneuverable class into something amazing. With the armor you can now outrun everyone, and get out of sticky situations faster. Give it a try, its only 30 certs an is awesometacular!

Also for VS unlock the carbine that allows you to get an under slung, it will give you that slight punch you need against groups of infantry when kiting them.
    • Up x 1
  8. PartNinja

I used it for a while until I switched to nanoweave. The better staying power was better in most situations for me.
  9. Erendil

My thoughts exactly. The only time I prefer the adrenaline pump is when I'm chasing down cloakers and other LAs that keep blowing Amp Station gens.
  10. Warez

1 will take out a lightning, 2 will take out a tank. 2 will get a sunderer down to 5% and, if left unrepaired, will blow up due to the fire. As for the weapon, the community generally regards the VX6-7 as the LA's best bet. I don't use the LA in open-field battles, though. In close-quarters battle, I prefer the Nova. You have so much maneuverability that it's easy to use the environment to your advantage, close the gap between you and your opponent, and 2-shot them with it. With adrenaline pump, you're a blur of death with wings.
  11. Pat22

I used to have it but got sick of running out of bullets when I found a good spot over enemy lines, so I went for the ammo belt and haven't really run out of ammo since. This pleases me.
  12. [HM]Krowe

Running out of ammo is the bane of my existence when i'm playing the Vanu LA with a perfect vantage point to lay death and destruction below..
  13. Pat22

Ammo belt to the rescue! Also, try putting a suppressor on your pistol, allowing you to get kills from that vantage point ( unless you're the kind of LA that would prefer a x4 or x6 scope and stays at range ) without giving away your position, it increases your ammo count by over 100 rounds.
  14. [HM]Krowe

Nah i use the stock weapon with a 2x scope (its not my main so its rather under certed). But of course nobody suspects the shadowy figure perched up in a tree in the Bio lab so a suppressor really isn't a problem :p
  15. Pat22

Good, then you're up close and in range for the pistol. While it's not of utmost importance, I do still suggest getting the suppressor. The pistol is an inferior weapon and making sure the enemies don't figure out where you're shooting from will help a lot.

You know, if you ever have 100 certs lying around.
  16. [HM]Krowe

One does not simply have "100 certs lying around". But i'll take that in account!
  17. Pat22

Bah, I have 100 certs lying around right now. I should save them up for something expensive but it's just so tempting to spend them on something cheaper but still fun and get to play with it right away.

Like a flashlight! Completely useless! but I can probably point it at my buddies' faces at night and we'll have lulz.
  18. [HM]Krowe

On the bright side, you and you're buddies could have some sort of strobe light party if you guys have enough flashlights.... I digress, those 100 certs could be invested in maybe a health applicator?
  19. Pat22

You mean the health kit / restoration kit? I'd use them but they take the same slot as my C4, and nothing's more important than C4.

We are sorta derailing this thread though, I suggest we cease this amusing discussion of how to waste everyone's collective certs on flashlights.
  20. KodanBlack

Long range combat isn't the way the class plays. They're a highly maneuverable, fast, sneaky and in-your-face kind of class.