Tired of aircraft owning everything

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Conq, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Jojotheclown

Do you even play a MAX? If you're only one AA then you just barely damage them and they pod you.

Even as a Dual AA MAX getting 100% hits, they aren't dead and just turn and pod me while I move and reload.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jojotheclown

Same question to you, do you play a MAX or are you a ****** pilot getting killed easily thus thinks AA MAXs are all that?
    1 AA MAX= pod dead max not ESF runs away unless ESF pilot sucks.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jojotheclown

Oh damm, whats the after burner button for my MAX. I feel so stupid not realizing my MAX could move faster than an ESF can maneuver.
    • Up x 1
  4. bPostal

You can quote more than one person per post. And yes, I do when there are air that need taking care of. It's usually not just me doing it (some people get the hint and you'd be surprised how many helpful Engineers show up when they see you spamming Bursters) and typically I've found most Reavers bugger off to farm some infantry who don't shoot back.
    and the button you're looking for is F. It's like Sonic's sprint.
  5. Conq

It's not about money. It's about the viably of playing infantry that can't hurt aircraft in a game dominated by aircraft that can kill anything.
    • Up x 1
  6. Phsychotica

I occasionally use a MAX, it's hilarious hiding behind a single tree and deterring any air that thinks it can come my way. However I usually use sundy with standard basilisks + engie for air as you can kill it before it kills you and if there is two of you well...

My primary function is a Rotary/Rocket combo ESF and I usually pull quite a few kills with it each time either against air or ground. I can tell you it's not easy, I have my settings on low because prime time plus playing on an American server from NZ causes quite a lot of lag.

I hardly ever get downed by AA MAXs, reason:
    I have given up trying to engage them, if I get hit once by their flak (Has a distinctive sound) I tend to bug out and find somewhere else because between then grouping up and downing me in a second as soon as I fly over to investigate and this games crappy drawing system drawing vehicles but not infantry means they aren't there for me.
  7. ExarRazor

most people dont bother with AA because its a thankless, rewardless task.

sure you scare away some air, and you may even get some kills. more likely though, youll only get a 25 exp assist, or nothing at all. meanwhile the aircraft you just scared away can go repair and get 40-50 exp. hell even the ENGINEERS who supply the aa with ammo make more fricken exp/certs than the aa max does.

until aa actually gets rewarded for its efforts, you wont see much around.
    • Up x 2
  8. Gunnisson

Aircraft got smashed in the teeth with today's patch, AA shouldn't have anything to complain about now.

ESF got a speed nerf.

Rocketpods got AOE damage nerf.

AA got a damage buff.

SkyG got projectile speed buff.

Compounded by the fact that ESF pilots can't see AA MAXes until they are oggling the lovely ground textures, AA is in a far better place than Air now. Swings and roundabouts people. AA is gonna have it's day for a bit. The reign of Air power is all but over for the moment.
    • Up x 1
  9. Creep

It's a shame there aren't some form of terminals, where any player can access their own air vehicles, to expel a pesky airborne vehicle...........
  10. medbot544

I seen Vanu ESFs take 3 tanks shells and live.

Seriously, how the hell does a puny little plane survive one tank shell let alone 3?

Heck, I pumped 12 shots into a stationary Galaxy and that only took it to 1/4 before it decided to not soak my shots.

At this point, I think planes are more armored than my Prowler.

Anyways, I have no answer to planes with my Prowler. None of my secondaries will scare away a plane flown by a flyboy who has any sort of skill. And don't say Walker cus that thing still sucks.
    • Up x 1
  11. Vashyo

AOE nerf was slight and a podder who can aim doesnt notice any difference, might miss a rocket or two. But the rest still land and kill.

And barely nobody does AA anyways, costly AA weapons, low XP encouragement. This is the thing htey need to fix, it's not nerfing/buffing AA but getting people to actually shoot the damn things!
    • Up x 1
  12. Moxin

The MAX is effective in certain situations but do you know what sucks ?

* he get destroyed easy with rockets or heavy guns
    * he is not an engineer who jumps out of his suit and repairs himself
    --> this is btw a very lame part of the game that people can repair their own vehicles
    * the respawn timer is too high in comparison to the effectiveness of the MAX AA especially when you comapre it with other units
    • Up x 1
  13. Gunnisson

AOE Nerf was 1 of 2 recent AOE nerfs, it leaving decent podders who can aim is only a positive. I don't know what server you're on, but on Lithcorp there is a healthy abundance of AA MAXs and even Skyguards. Every contested base usually has a few knocking about at the very least. I regularly encounter AA resistance at every contested point, sometimes light, often heavy.
  14. {joer

If you play a max and die to an esf you are a bad player and should feel bad about posting.
  15. Phannjodoxis

Scaring away air with a burster or a lock on missile is not a legitimate counter to incredibly potent aircraft because there is so little tangible reward for the player. You can scare away air for 30 minutes and only get 1-2 kills and a handful of assists as you stand in one area bored as heck. The only thing reward you get out of it is the satisfaction that OP pilot doods don't get to farm as freely for a little while.

Not to change the topic, but Flares are totally broken. It's fine that they stop missiles that are seeking them, but they also prevent further locks for a short time.. which means they a good pilot will always be able to after burn away. Of course, good pilots can easily dodge lock on missiles all day long. I've shot enough at them to see it happen hundreds of times.
    • Up x 1
  16. medbot544

If you die flying an ESF to anything, you are a bad player and should feel bad about posting.

Yea, look around at all those flyboys posting their 100+ kills to 0 death screen shots. If you can't fly like that, quit imo.
  17. Excidium

And this is why bad players can't grasp how flak really works. Once you hit a critical mass of Flak weapons, you create not only a no fly zone, you completely shut down any aircraft, not matter how many there are, from mounting any time of offense. The crown is so bad right now that all the anti air just stand on the air pads facerolling everything in range. There is nothing any amount of Liberators and ESFs can do to stop 3-4 max control the crown. Give liberators equal draw so the max units atleast have to hide once and awhile.

To prove this, I have a an attack path that I use to fly into the AA max standing on the platform and I just run the lot of them over. They cry that they shouldn't take damage like that, but guess what, I'm risking my life to run over the stationary infantry. Its sad really because they are standing in such a predictable spot and there is nothing you can do. Why do you think the crown rarely falls. Tanks and infantry have to fight up a hill against defenders who dont need to hide. I would expect some artillery would make the defenders think twice about turtling in the open.
  18. Gunnisson

You called?

Srsly though, the beauty about the ESF is you are almost entirely in control of what situation you place yourself into. If you're placing yourself into a situation full of AA, it's your own damn fault if you get melted.
  19. medbot544

I dunno, I am a tank driver who gets 2-4 shot by rocket pods. I don't even have time to exit the vehicle: its boom, dead.

Hate planes. One day, maybe they will give me a weapon on my Prowler that will make rocket spammers to think twice. Right now, my Prowler is a free kill to all planes. Amusingly, they nerfed splash dmg from my cannon and buffed flak armor so it takes 5+ shots to kill an HA now LOL.
  20. Nonesuch

I do wonder if the solution for the problem of nobody bothering to use AA is to give things some more effective secondary AA, like for example battle tanks. I really don't want to see an all-in-one vehicle but nobody wants to just do AA.
    • Up x 1