Tired of aircraft owning everything

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Conq, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Conq

This game is a pyramid scheme right now. You are either in the air, farming Infantry and vehicles or on the ground waiting on timers and getting farmed. I can't see why the developers thought this was a good idea, we wen't through this in beta several times.
    • Up x 7
  2. Phsychotica

Why haven't people caught on yet. 1 AA MAX > ESF (ESF has to run away), 2 AA MAX (ESF doesn't get the chance to run away), 3 AA MAX. (Nothing survives)

A large portion of the time you can't even see the AA MAX because it doesn't draw for you but you draw for him. Also I have brought down a Scythe with an NS-11 while he was trying to pod me. He was on full health and I was alone, 5 - 6 clips and a small amount of terrain use on my part he was on 1/4 health and tried to bug out but he was in such a rush he crashed. Imagine if there had been 3 people instead of 1? Or 6 people? The problem with air is that NO ONE SHOOTS AT THEM UNLESS THEY THINK THEY CAN KILL IT IN TWO SECONDS.
    • Up x 11
  3. Phrygen

it because bursters cost 1000 certs and you don't get many kills with them because for some reason flak cannons are terrible against infantry.
    • Up x 2
  4. Mightylink

Problem is the default rocket launchers are crap, it takes so friggin long to save up the certs for a lock on launcher that barely anyone has one, I've only been locked on twice in my whole experence here so far...
  5. bPostal

They Grounder, Skyguard and Burster say hello. You get one arm free and on the other arm? A big **** off chaingun. If air is such a problem grab a Burster and set up shop. ****, it may just be that when others around you see aircraft ******* off somewhere else they'll start to do the same. Isn't that why the just increased the amount of damage flak does?
  6. Conq

One ESF can get from base to base in seconds. It can kill aircraft, kill vehicles and kill infantry.

One Burster MAX is stuck in place and can only scare aircraft away.
    • Up x 6
  7. C0WB0Y

We farm aircraft with Burster teams

We use the Crown for bait.
    • Up x 5
  8. PyroPaul

Or you jump into a Flak turret and own or scare the crap out of any air that has the misfortune of flying into your area of effect.
  9. Phsychotica

Which if the aircraft tries to destroy you can simply hop out of, wait for it to be destroyed, then repair it.
  10. rayvon

What a load of crap
    You do realise that a burster MAX cannot hit an ESF which is above them right ?
    Burster MAx is like most of the AA in this, it cannot shoot directly up !!
  11. gungergong

Infantry has some good AA options, but their all behind a giant wall of certs. This is more of a pay2win discussion than it is a balance discussion.
    • Up x 4
  12. Iceuhk

Theres a highly advanced but technical way to hit something directly above you if you are in a max.
    First you press the " S" button...... and take about 10 steps back while you continue to press the" left trigger" ....If dont correctly you... can hit what was " ONCE" directly over head.
    • Up x 1
  13. {joer

I'm tired of bad players complaining about dying and not thinking how to counter.
    • Up x 4
  14. Phsychotica

You do realise that an ESF cannot hit a burster MAX which is below them right? Well not without crashing into them. And if you're talking about a dive, it only works if you know where the MAX is and the MAX hasn't MOVED.
  15. MilitiaMan

Yeah, I got the dual burster arms on my max for this reason.

When my tank dies, don't come back. I shoot anything in the sky that moves.

EVEN THE BIRDS! MUH AHAHAHAH NONE SHALL SURVIVE!
  16. Agent Johnny Utah

What a game breaking imbalance. If only Burster MAXes had the ability to move, then they would be able to keep those pesky ESFs from hovering directly over them.

I'm amazed that you are actually able to read, much less competently use an internet forum or download and play a video game.
    • Up x 1
  17. MarlboroMan-E

I disagree. I was crushing ESFs this afternoon in the burster.
  18. Conq

One ESF can get from base to base in seconds. It can kill aircraft, kill vehicles and kill infantry.

One Burster MAX is stuck in place and can only scare aircraft away.
    • Up x 1
  19. ent|ty

As with everything in life, its all fixed by throwing more $$ at it.
  20. Jojotheclown

Replied to wrong post