5FPS on W7-64, i5 2500K 3.3Ghz, 8GB, GTX 560 on lowest, ran fine in tech

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dark_Swordmaster, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Bad_idea

Totaly not, i have 4 gigs of ram and i have firefox running in the background, a lot of tabs. Game runs at about 30-50 fps.
  2. TeknoBug

Lowest settings is your problem, you're telling the game to put all the load ontot he CPU, set some graphics settings to high (or ultra by changing them to 4 in the useroptions.ini) which will take some load off the CPU and net some extra FPS.
  3. TeknoBug

^ that, I'm currently using a Phenom II X6 1090T with 4GB ram and the game runs.
  4. TeknoBug

Try changing clamp to allow, should improve some FPS as well, did with my 560Ti.
  5. Demrock

Got same proc but an old timer as vid card the asus 4850 HD 1gb version
    Intel 2500k O.C. to 5000 Ghz and i run 45 fps average.

My config:

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.000000
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1904
    WindowedHeight=960
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=1
    TextureQuality=4
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=-2000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=1
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=2
    TerrainQuality=2
    FloraQuality=1
    ModelQuality=4
    ParticleLOD=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VerticalFOV=74
    AO=0
  6. Noobv8

So how do you compare them? ( just curious) I mean I have an AMD Phenom II X6 1050T for instance (overclocked to about 3500mhz) How would you compare that to an Intel processor?
  7. TeknoBug

Closer to an i5 2310 maybe.
  8. Beartornado

News to me. I've posted more than enough about my problems with fps and nobody bothered to give me some details as to why I would have issues where an i5 wouldn't besides AMD being highly unfavorable when it came to what processors the game would work the best with.
  9. AviatorMoser

LOL, but he still gets the same FPS.
  10. Mansen

"Laugh out loud", and yet performance is not ever tied to only one part of your hardware. It is all about bottlenecking.
  11. Freyar

Double-check your security software. I had a friend of mine using BitDefender 2011 showing the exact same symptoms. There are other anti-viral software suites out there that also have the same impact. Unfortunately uninstalling them was the only way to free it up. As far as I can tell this is an issue with these specific anti-viral applications and how they work.
  12. AviatorMoser

It's also about unstreamlined coding!

Remember Arma II 1.50?