Up Next: Bio-Lab Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phaze, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Phaze

1) Legs removed and Bio-Lab will be lowered to the ground.

2) Shielding of the biodome removed.

* oops forgot one.

3) SCU and respawn tubes will be placed in one of the satellites.

Why not? Sometimes it's too hard to attack.
    • Up x 5
  2. Sharmanti

Yeah... but it's also easy to defend...

Biomes can be easily taken by a little squad of LAs that get in before the main force gets there. They will easily deny any defense of the outer areas, and once you're in, it's more about force anyways
  3. Nonesuch

Biolabs aren't hard to take, I understand that you're sore that tech plants got changed but biolabs are actually fun and don't force you into a bottleneck and make any other method difficult.
  4. HMR85

If you where following the Zerg in through the back door you where assaulting the tech plant wrong. I have said this a million times. Assault from the roof. LA over the shields in the middle. Grab a sundy with the shield diffuser and punch a hole through the middle shields and drop their AMS's. Grab a Sundy and Punch a hole through the back shield wall and over take the gen.
  5. Kracin

force who into a bottleneck?

oh wait, because you didnt want to play a light assault.

use a drop pod from a squad leader.

use a drop pod from a hot spot beacon.

use an aircraft to drop in.

use a galaxy to get dropped in.

use a sunderer with a gate diffuser to break through then hop out.

oh right you are absolutely right, the tech plant forced ALL the idiots into a bottleneck, and then the smart people just went around it.
    • Up x 3
  6. Vermana

This. There are so many ways to get around the Tech Plant Bottleneck. People are just stupid sheep and all funnel through the damn door.
  7. Kracin

^ now we have to deal with the ******* tank zerg and air zerg ******** with techplants now too.... no more safe zones from vehicle spam now
    • Up x 1
  8. Nonesuch

None of those were viable methods or ways which could be sustained in numbers nor would they get you to the generator/control unit. Biolabs on the other hand gave you a direct route to the airpad in the form of elevators/jump pads and multiple teleports directly inside the facility.

Tech plants worked when you could land a gal on the roof and have it act as a spawn point, but now that's not possible it needs to be easier to get the shields down.
  9. Pr0ph3tx

what is it with all these stupid updates? Why are they dumbassifying their game
    • Up x 1
  10. Binkus

is this a real thing? Bio labs are the only base that is any real fun to attack or defend
  11. Apophus

I appreciate the OP's post.

I am so utterly disgusted by modern day gamers and their ineptitude, inability, and unwillingness to strive for self improvement. Instead it's always the game maker that is at fault. In turn the game maker cater to their largest market segment. PC gaming was so much better when more than half of the gaming population were still in diapers. I remember a day when developers focused on gameplay and let the accountants/marketing teams deal with the revenues. Shockingly those games were a great success not because millions were spent on game shows, ads, or giveaways, but success was earned by providing a fantastic product. I think these dolts need to go back to Econ 101 and learn about Quality over Quantity. I can suggest some reading materials if they are interested.

A game that will always be a fond reminder of how PC gaming used to be:
    Tribes (Starsiege) - RIP Dynamix/Sierra.
    • Up x 3
  12. Hoki

Yes lower it to ground and remove all the shielding so attackers can shell/bomb it from outside.
  13. Flarestar

And yet all of those methods and ways worked on a regular basis.

Denial of reality doesn't make you correct.

As far as Biolabs, given the current pattern I'd expect to see SOE move the spawn room to another hex entirely and make you slog back to the Biolab on foot. Because that makes just as much sense as moving the generator out of the tech lab did.
  14. Vitriol17

That would just be too difficult to attack, you would need to put capture point [A] out in the middle of an open field, with a tiny one door spawn room 100m away, only then will the true potential of bio lab attacks be realised.
  15. Gavyne

I do find the OP hilarious, but I don't think SOE will do anything to the bio labs since people aren't complaining about them. Bio labs during the first week of launch was a meatgrinder along with the tech plant. But somehow people figured out bio labs faster than they did with tech plant, so there were not many complaints. Even though technically there are less ways into bio labs than there are tech plants heh.
  16. Pr0ph3tx

amen. poor sierra and dynamix. In my eyes they'll always be the grandfathers of pc gaming
  17. Keifomofutu

Yeah we need some way to get rid of that pesky anti-liberator shield.

Why don't we have a shield generator for it at the opposing faction's warpgate?
    • Up x 2
  18. Pwnstarr

We need those people to keep the defenders preoccupied while the smart ones assault from the top. But barging in with a shield diffuser is so satisfying.
  19. Dis

I strongly believe the roots of this can be traced to one simple thing: the popularity of CoD4 and it's yearly "sequels". Slow moving, low ttk games with killstreak rewards that encourage camping and utterly **** gameplay. Yet they are the most popular games year after year, proving that this is in fact what gamers want these days.

Something comes out that actually requires teamwork, a working brain and a high skill ceiling (PS2's isn't high, but is much higher than CoD) which requires getting your *** kicked early and often to improve, and the next thing you know the forums are flooded with thousands of "ideas" that all share the same goal: making the game easier to play for the derp crowd. Problem is, the derp crowd constitutes 90% or more of just about any game's playerbase these days, which means the rest of us are screwed.
  20. Sparks

+1 to the OP for making me burst out in laughter and you know it's SOE, this might actually happen :p.