Hotfix Broke My Game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kage Acheron, Dec 11, 2012.

1. ps2f2p

so when will be fix?
  2. Brusilov [TR]

Hi there,

I'm getting the same problems. event viewer shows the following:

Event 45, Symantec AntiVirus

Scan type: Tamper Protection Scan
    Event:
    Security risk detected: D:\GAMES\SONY\PLANETSIDE 2\LAUNCHPAD.EXE
    File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\12.1.671.4971.105\Bin\ccSvcHst.exe
    Computer: ************
    User: sebu
    Action taken:
    Date found: Thursday, 13 December 2012 12:48:08 AM

Event 45, Symantec AntiVirus

Scan type: Tamper Protection Scan
    Event:
    Security risk detected: D:\GAMES\SONY\PLANETSIDE 2\LAUNCHPAD.EXE
    File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\12.1.671.4971.105\Bin64\Smc.exe
    Computer: ************
    User: sebu
    Action taken:
    Date found: Thursday, 13 December 2012 12:48:08 AM

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50c7f790
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50c7f790
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0093c4e9
    Faulting process id: 0x7fc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdd86f5199bf7d
    Faulting application path: D:\GAMES\Sony\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\GAMES\Sony\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id: 968a8123-4462-11e2-82a0-000272d43416

Event 1001, Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: PlanetSide2.exe
    P2: 0.0.0.0
    P3: 50c7f790
    P4: PlanetSide2.exe
    P5: 0.0.0.0
    P6: 50c7f790
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 0093c4e9
    P9:
    P10:

I've tried launching the game with my anti-virus disabled as well, which didn't work.

I've just gone in and double-checked that proactive threat protection is also disabled and no it's letting me download a new 2,654MB patch.

So either it's the proactive threat protection component that was originally blocking the game from updating correctly, or SOE are really quick with releasing (rather large) hotfixes ;p
    • Up x 1
  3. Insolence

Today is patch day - the patch is legit so the two incidents are unrelated I'm afraid.
  4. ps2f2p

so after patch can you play?
  5. Shamoox

I am running Kasperky Internet Security 2013, I have disabled all protection, and made sure no other software is running other than normal windows 7 processes, Nvidia, Creative, Asus and logitech drivers. I have no debugging software installed nor running the game crashes after login and displays the following webpage error http://www.planetside2.com/error/game.action?code=G99&info=Unable to connect to Login Server.
  6. Insrik

Still cant get in :/.
  7. Seekhay

I'm running ESET Smart Security 5.2.9.1 and I have the same problem; game loads the bar reaches 48% percent and then stalls, eventually sending me to http://www.planetside2.com/error/game.action?code=G99&info=Unable to connect to Login Server

While I haven't tried disabling my firewall or AV protection (because that's just silly), I haven't changed anything at all between last night and this morning, so whatever your patched obviously changed something that seems to be running afoul of even the most basic of AV/firewall setup.
  8. Insrik

Thing is, my client doesn't even work. You're lucky to get to 48% :/

EDIT: Had some sweetfx files still in my directory... After i deleted the last file my game started working again
    :D
  9. ps2f2p

10. Kage Acheron

It works after the update now! :) Thanks for the help Twist!
  11. Drakovian

Confirmed, game works after today's update.
  12. Brusilov [TR]

Getting this problem again after the last 30MB patch i DL'ed this morning...

Just Sayin.
  13. Piepants

Yeah, I am basically getting the same problem that the earlier posters in this thread had. The main difference is that I never had this problem before the patch on the 19th, but now the problem is exactly the same as they described. I am using Symantec Endpoint Protection and I am getting the same 'tamper' errors.
  14. Drakovian

This same problem has popped up again. Haven't been able to play PS2 for about a week now. I assumed you would be fixing this problem quickly like the last time?
  15. Assassin0795

Out of curiosity, are you playing PS2 through Steam? I've had issues connecting through Steam whereas using the client provided by the website works perfectly fine.
  16. Drakovian

Nope, no Steam.
  17. Rider004

You tried the file verification via the game client, right?
    Do you use Intel, Nvidia, or AMd/ATI graphics cards?
  18. Drakovian

Yes, several times. Even reinstalled. Nvidia, and drivers are up to date.

From what I can tell from reading other threads, its the same Symantec Endpoint Protection problem everyone else is experiencing. Added the 3 exceptions recommended by the mods, and still crashes on startup.
  19. Assassin0795

If you try disabling it, does it work? I trust your judgement that it most likely is, but just to be sure.

Also, weren't there four exceptions?

ApplicationUpdaterService.exe, LaunchPad.exe, PlanetSide2.exe, and AwesomiumProcess.exe.
  20. Drakovian

Unfortunately it doesn't work after disabling the antivirus. Apparently the only fix is to uninstall the software.

Just double checked the exceptions list. I don't have the Applicationupdaterservice.exe as an exception and can't seem to find it on my computer anywhere.