walker changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ExarRazor, Dec 12, 2012.

1. ExarRazor

so im lookin at the patch notes, and for the most part, im liking what i see

the lib's tailgun is in an actually useful position now, and it looks like the walkers damage has been increased

however, they dropped the projectile speed. while it remains to be seen, i dont think this will be good.

i also ran across this little anomoly

from the patch notes:
    A30 Walker: This is now the air variant of the Walker weapon system.
    •The reticule and first person tracer have been changed to make them easier to see.
    --->•Projectile speed is slower but drop has been reduced.<---
    •Damage has been increased overall

from the post made by higby a few days ago about the upcoming changes:
    A30 Walker:
    - Buffed Damage
    ---> - Faster Projectile<---

what happened there?

dont get me wrong, im happy with almost every other change made, and not just the walker stuff, but this confuses me.
  2. Compass

Maybe the Walker was shooting just fine before except the bullets dropped significantly. Now, this would still make long-range shooting hard, but would make medium range shooting actually work.
  3. ed_anger

Agreed OP, Liberators should be invulnerable killing machines.
  4. Daedrick

What about you read what the original poster wrote before you puke your nonesense all over the place.
  5. ExarRazor

possible. the walker was so terrible i didnt bother unlocking it.

soon as i get some mroe SC, or 100 more certs though, i will be unlockin it as the tailgun looks to actually be useful now.

ive never fired the walker before, so it probably was fine in terms of speed.
  6. Compass

7. Sowahka

I did think it was a bit fast before, you could plink away at enemy aircraft at really absurd ranges. You wouldn't damage them much at all, but you'd still hit them. I think they've just turned it into more of a medium range or personal airspace defense weapon, looks great to me. Wasn't very useful before.
  8. ed_anger

that's not even a word dude.

the OP thinks these changes are justified, my point is the fleet of Libs hanging over large battles will now shrug off ESFs as well as most ground AA.
  9. Daedrick

I speak french, and I fixed it thank you.