The main reason why VS will always be the worst empire.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by mefy, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Prudentia

just a short question... you know that the magrider has been nerfed into Oblivion with his hillclimbing? i can get up slopes easier with the Vanny than with my Mag, and the mag has the highest potential of getting stuck due to its design.... the only positiv thing about the magrider in hillclimbing ist, that you can shake the mouse to get back out of spaces a vanny can drive trought without any problems...
    Beta is beta and there were many changes, the mountain goat magrider is no more, now you have a leopard2 in a town... (and we all know that buildings can't be destroyed in ps2 so: no shortcuts)
  2. AdrIneX

Just look at the video. It climbs on an almost 90 degree hill (with or without afterburners doesn't matter). Upload date was yesterday. How about the Vanu open their eyes and face the facts?

Also

and

Undermining yourself much?
    • Up x 1
  3. ForceM

So basically you are whining about the sheer possibility of a Vanu nerf in the Future... Idk what to say that is pathetic.

Also Vanu is clearly not the least played faction in this game. So what game are you playing, i play Planetside 2!
  4. Prudentia

i may be not the best at english, but if you did not understand: magrider: hillclimbing crap
    video: BETA, that video was not recorded in the last few days
    ONLY thing the magrider ahs in hillclimbing as a positiv aspekt: Shake mouse to free yourself
    maybe someone who is capable of proper english and reading can read my post and find out if i said that, i get only those meanings if i ignore the words that say something else....
  5. DukeFlash

so... the OP is worried about future, theoretical nerfs.
    Furthermore, he is worried development will suddenly stop after said nerfs are done, leaving Vanu in everlasting purgatory.

Contrived much?
    • Up x 2
  6. Xasapis

Well, he is worried that the PS1 history will be repeated in PS2. It may or may not happen, but generally history has a tendency to repeat itself.
  7. mefy

no, I am just pointing out that everything that is considered 'good' for the VS WILL be nerfed to oblivion at some point, because it never ends up being measurable to the other two empires characteristics, and will either be completely OP or completely UP and it will always be an uphill battle to adjust accordingly. I don't care about how good you think the Magrider is atm, it will be dealt with by the Devs, and will just be a shadow of a memory, just like the Lasher 2.0

All VS will be chasing the dragon in due time, we've done it for nearly a decade now.
  8. DaPuschel2

Only things i really don't understand are:

Magrider bulletdrop: Just why?

Infanterie: No Bulletdrop BUT recoil. This feels so alien. Why? Did the designers thought that having a significantly less recoil (or none at all) would make all the cod people loose their fate and jump out of the window? And no, that's not a balance issue. It just feels wrong.
  9. Prudentia

Boltaction Bulletdrop too
    Laser weapons have no Bulletdrop
    Plasma weapons have
  10. Cyrtophora

The Magrider boost gives you a short leap for 1.5 secons with 0.5 seconds double speed. The AB on ESF lasts extremely long in comparison (without AB equipped!)
    At point blank the Vanguard is way better of course. But tbh at long range I can dodge better with a lightning then with a Magrider. ;) People forget they can turn their cannon and drive forwards/backwards to dodge which is even faster then strafing anyways.

Zero recoil is just plain incorrect. Even "practically". At "melee" range no recoil will hurt you anyways and at medium distance you still have to burst fire if you want to continue to hit. I am playing medic most of the time and I have all possible recoild reducing addons, I do not hipfire and I still cannot just auto all the way.

"Sniper Shotgun" works for all factions by the way.

Also I don´t get why people tend to say that the Scythe is better then the other ESF when the Rocket Pods are the worst (worst aim, worst TTK even if everything hits). Also it is way easier to hin then the Mossi. Yes it has a low profile if it flies directly towards you... but it´s extremely huge and easy to hit if it turns, you are on top or below the scythe. Also it´s slower.
  11. Babaganoush

All these Vanu trying to argue that their MBT and ESF are inferior to others... lol.

Magrider>Vanguard>Prowler

Reaver>Scythe>Mosquito

Mosquito (supposedly "the fastest") with Level 3 Racer frame can't even out run a Reaver because Reavers have the best Afterburner (340-350 KPH), not only that but the acceleration from AB speed to Cruise Speed for a Reaver is so much slower than the acceleration of a Mosquito's AB->Cruise Speed time.
  12. Xasapis

Regarding MBTs, it depends on range. At close range both other tanks have a definite advantage over the magrider. You also have an advantage where the terrain is uneven. With the other MBTs you need only to present the tower and then retreat. The magrider needs to be fully visible so as not to hit the hill.

So, when fighting a magrider, close the gap so he can't strafe. The Prowler especially can murder mugriders at close range.

The scythe has two problems. One is an actual mechanics problem and the other is a flight perception problem. The mechanics problem has to do with how the rockets are fire. You fire them both a bit off center, so the accuracy is always off. The mechanics problem has to do with the lack of visual queues when you're driving it at 3rd person. Both the other ESFs have their engines showing you clearly how and when certain maneuvers are performed correctly. In scythe it's all flat, so you don't get such clear indications.

As for dogfighting, when you're facing or following a scythe, it has a small profile, but when you attack it at any other angle, the profile is the biggest of the three, a whole fat circle to shoot at.
  13. Sifer2

You do realize currently VS have the best Tank. And Infantry weapons that fire nearly as fast as TR's but more accurate an faster reload? I don't see how the VS are flawed right now unless you mean they are too good.

And before you whine any more about the Lasher maybe try the Jackhammer or M7 Chaingun. They both suck too.
  14. }{ellKnight

You seem to forget the ability to have a higher hit percentage at longer range while maintaining a higher fire rate. Yes, there's less damage but you're more consistent with your hits due to no bullet drop and more importantly lesser bloom.
  15. AdrIneX

What the hell are you talking about? What makes you think the creator of that video uploaded a video from the BETA? I think the date is sufficient to understand which version of the game it really is.
  16. Prudentia

the content: with magburner you get atm those slopes up, that other tanks can climb without any problem, so we have to wait 60 seconds, to climb 2 seconds, which is about 5 meters, and wait again, other tanks just drive straight up (ok we can take 5° more than others, but without less) the climbing magrider was in the earlier builds of beta if you want to kno it exact.
    and i still have videos from beta, there is a funvtion in modern PCs that is called FILE SAVING, you can have files for more than 1 hour on your pc and do things with it, like uploading it after half a year, because you just found it on your harddrive and thought it was funny.
  17. DoctorMayhem

Come on, VS got some very good stuff and is definitely not weak. We are doing very good on my server and only get beaten by greater number most of the time. The lasher is not that bad either, i have been using it some. Its a spammer weapon so you gotta spam, spam!! :)
  18. Daish

lasher is the worst weapon in the game

if we got 1 refund every 2 years i would use that refund on the lasher
  19. n00biz

Contradict much?