Hotfix Broke My Game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kage Acheron, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Kage Acheron

After downloading the hotfix today, I'm not longer able to play the game. After I hit play on the launcher, it takes me to a black screen, with the blue mouse cursor on it. After about 10 seconds, it says that Planetside 2 has crashed, and takes me back to my desktop.

Please help!
  2. Drakovian

I'm getting the same thing. Got some launcher updating, and then PS2 crashes on launch.
  3. Frii5150

Please fix this Reinstalled, revalidated about 2 times each on the launcher and through steam. I still cannot play, next step is gonna be a reformat and I really don't want to have to do that just to get the game working!
  4. ps2f2p

same s**t
  5. Twist

Which AV software are you all using? We can see crashes from a very limited number of people, that indicate the Planetside client is being run in an unusual manner - we're wondering if there is some particular AV software that might be causing this.
  6. Kage Acheron

I am running Symantec Endpoint Protection. I tried adding planetside2.exe to the exceptions list, but that didn't change anything.
  7. ps2f2p

same
  8. Twist

Is there anything else you can think of that might be out of the ordinary about your environment? The crashes behave as if the client were being run within a debugger. We change some behaviors in the client when it detects a debugger, both for hacking measures and just for testing convenience. Only a very small number of people are showing up with this crash.
  9. Insrik

Getting this type of crash as well, except after the splash art ends i just get nothing. Screen flickers as if the ps2 client is about to launch but nada.
  10. Kage Acheron

No, I've tried restarting my computer several times, and nothing's changed. Everything worked perfectly before this hotfix.
  11. Insrik

Also running sophos AV
  12. Drakovian

I'm running Symantec Endpoint Protection as well. Disabled it temporarily, and still had the issue. Restarted PC, same issue. Attempting a reinstall currently.
  13. ps2f2p

nvidia panel crashes too
  14. Twist

I believe we'll have a fix for this up in the morning, although it's hard to be positive because we can't reproduce it here. Can one of you try shutting your AV software completely off for a test run and see if that makes a difference?
  15. ps2f2p

could it be because I installed game not at C?
  16. Kage Acheron

Great! Hopefully that works.

I think that Drakovian already tried shutting off his AV software, and that didn't do anything.
  17. Drakovian

Correct, however I can't attempt it again until I'm reinstalled.
  18. Twist

No, drive location should not matter (also, we can't really be held responsible for the nvidia control panel crash =) ). We do have a potential fix going in this morning, so it is probably best to just wait a few hours for that, if it continues we'll take a new look at it.
  19. ps2f2p

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 50c7f790
    Fault Module Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 50c7f790
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0093c4e9
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1049