[Help] Stuck at 100% - Replacing Uninstaller

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by GunsPew, Dec 11, 2012.

1. GunsPew

First attempt at downloading this game only to be met with frustration. How can a major release screw this up so badly.

Checking game installation...
    Found 1 file(s) to update.
    Replacing Uninstaller.exe

Please help thanks :mad:

[IMG]
  2. GunsPew

Bump for help
  3. Kernir

Have the same issue tried re-installing, deleting the launcher cache (Downloaded through steam both times) and nothing has worked launcher stuck at 100% replacing Uninstaller.exe
  4. VirtualRaptor

Mine constantly tries to update uninstaller.exe and when it's done and I press "play", game crashes.

Seems related although mine isn't stuck at a 100%.
  5. Kernir

Just downloaded the client directly from the website, also didn't work (re-downloaded the client about 4 times now)
  6. GunsPew

Bump for any solution from Tech Support
  7. AngelSnypz

Exact same problem here.everytime i launch launchpad it redownloads uninstaller.exe. click play and it loads to anywhere from 15-48% then crashes "Planetside2.exe has stopped working"

had the crashing problem since launch. however this uninstaller redownloading every time i boot up launchpad has only just started happening since one of the last few patches.
  8. Rockit

9. AngelSnypz

ive added everything to inbound firewall rules, added exceptions to my AV, even tried disabling one then the other and both and still crashing.
  10. AngelSnypz

whoops double post, Stupid ****** internet here in NZ
  11. Rockit

All you guys initially download through Steam?
  12. AngelSnypz

nope i dloaded through the main website and launchpad, however when that caused crashing for me i tried steam, same problem. so given up on steam and just using launchpad now. still no success here sadly
  13. Rockit

Are you using the un-installer from within the launcher when you try reinstall? If not, you should. Click the wrench and Uninstall. Dont use add/remove programs. Obviously something is corrupt and needs to come off cleanly and start over.
  14. AngelSnypz

ive uninstalled twice now and seeing as im in NZ i dont exactly have unlimited Internet. 30gb cap, which im dangerously close to atm. i didnt actually use the uninstall in the launchpad, i used the uninstall from the uninstaller.exe the first time. guess once my internet refreshes ill just try uninstall using launchpad and see what happens
  15. Rockit

Ah I see. Well you can try running something like CCleaner if you are familiar with that. It might find the issue. Something messed up with the install and start over is best by using Uninstall from the wrench in the launcher. Suck you have a cap.

Jesse might have more ideas. I see him trolling around here now.
  16. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

After that uninstall if you're still running into problems, the solutions covered in this thread are pretty dead on for diagnosis without actually looking into your computer, at this point I'd advise you send us a ticket including your MSInfo32 and DXDiag files so we can give you more concrete solutions on how to get rid of this issue. Instructions to submit a ticket can be found in my signature, once you've submitted a ticket, go ahead and PM me the incident # so I can take a peek.
  17. GunsPew

Just talked to a good CSR by the name of Thomas. He tried a few things with me

1. Delete cache in LocalApp
    2. Delete Uninstaller.exe
    3. Rerun PS2_Setup (19MB)

But couldn't get it to work. He advises to see through my PC's AV and firewall programs.
  18. GunsPew

Someone with the copy of a working game send Uninstaller.exe to us in a zip file please?
  19. GunsPew

Okay, I even uninstalled my antivirus and still couldn't get this to work. Giving up. Thanks SOE, it was much exciting finishing up the 6GB download but I can't even go into the game. -1 Customer until you get this fixed.
  20. AngelSnypz

tried that, no luck.

Gonna try Uninstall through launchpad when i can

As for Ccleaner im trying that now. fingers crossed it somehow magically fixes it