MAX Flak Armor Getting Buffed?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BlackKobra77, Dec 10, 2012.

1. BlackKobra77

Anyone know if the MAX Flak Armor is getting buffed with the rest of the Flak Armor on Thursday? I assume so but I wanted to see if anyone heard it confirmed.
  2. BlackKobra77

3. Vortok

Same boat as you. It just makes sense for it to be buffed as well with the other infantry classes, but wary enough of SOE's ability to overlook stuff (combined with MAX being a little underdeveloped, too) that I would advise MAX players to hold off on dumping certs into it until the patch actually hits.
  4. Polarity

It says Flak armor, not Flak armor for every class except MAXes, so I'd say it's more than safe to assume MAXes will be covered.
  5. absolofdoom

I wouldn't say that...they really don't seem to be paying much mind to the MAX. Hopefully they do change it too though.
  6. desktop

i thought the 25% boos was good so i already started leveling it.
    HA and light assault with c4 is gonna have nothing on the max soon enough.
  7. Vortok

Well, the MAX Flak Armor has a linear 5% progression whereas the other classes start at 15% and progress in smaller increments up to 25%. So the main five infantry classes likely share access to the same coding, whereas the MAX Flak Armor suit is likely in a separate spot. Thus they might do that and forget to do MAX. Unlikely for them to miss it, but never say never.
  8. JoCool

MAX units have a base resistance to small arms fire of 80%, Kinetic Armor has thus been confirmed to increase effective resistance at 5% per certed step of 1%, so totals at 25% at level 5.

It would make sense that MAX units also have a base resistance to explosives. Hence, it might be that MAX FLAK armor already has that "buff" and all the other FLAK armors will get pulled to its level. Before we do that, we cannot talk of Devs "forgetting" it in this particular case.

Source: DrTeeth's live-fire test, http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/max-kinetic-armour.55423/page-3
  9. JoCool

So, shot around a bit with a buddy, turns out MAX seem to have a base explosive resistance of 20%.

Means at level 5, 25% resistance equals 31,25% effective resistance for FLAK armor. I continue certing into that.
  10. Polarity

Ah good call I totally forgot about that, my mistake. With that in mind, I understand your point and I hope they don't forget the MAX :\
  11. gilrad

So I guess a more relevant question is, does the MAX even need a buff to its flak armor? Being able to facetank two rockets and still have roughly a quarter of your health left is pretty good as it is.
  12. Spartan 117

Considering infantry will have 50% resistance to it yes. Full armored MAX units should have much much much much more survivability than infantry.
    • Up x 1
  13. Braken

Especially since they don't have shields. That, right there, almost give infantry more survivability than MAXs. Almost.
  14. Saltychipmunk

there arent enough people playing engi out of vehicles for anything other than nano armor to be viable
  15. Kiddneey

....aaaaaaand they left MAX Flak Armor alone.
  16. Matlock0

Play in platoon with teamspeak or something. I joined a platoon couple of days ago and people almost fight for spots behind me because repairing squad max is very good for their xp.
  17. absolofdoom

Just like I thought, they pretty much don't give a **** about MAXs. I bet months from now we'll still have the HP bar glitch and the "deadzone" problem.